Notices

Turbo Timer with a Toad Alarm?

Search this Thread

Old 07 May 2003, 06:07 PM
gashair
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anyone konw if you can have a turbo timer with a Toad Ai606 alarm and be able to alarm it and walk away??
Old 07 May 2003, 06:45 PM
:Mike:
Scooby Regular

autoarm and turbo timer are different features surely?

Turbo timers leave the engine running for a minute or so to let the turbo cool, then turn it off for you.
Auto arm would admittedly lock and alarm the car for you, but would leave the engine running...?
Old 07 May 2003, 06:48 PM
gashair
Scooby Regular

i take it you mean set auto arm for longer than the turbo timer is set to run, then the timer stops and the car arms its self? However that would mean she's sitting there running totally unlocked!!! Is there anyway of locking the car? without using the key, i mean off the key fob, like you can with the clifford alarms?
Old 07 May 2003, 07:47 PM
calum
Scooby Newbie

Apoloies - should have made that more clear!

Gashair you got what I meant. With a Toad AI606 you can get the doors to lock without immobilising the engine. Try this - If when driving you push the lock/unlock button on your keyfob the doors will lock/unlock accordingly without cutting the ignition. Therefore in theory with a turbo timer keeping the engine running (the AI606 cant tell the difference), you exit your car, push the lock button on the keyfob causing the doors to lock. However, the engine will keep running for one minute and then the alarm will auto-arm if you have set it to do so after a minute or so - meaning that the doors will be locked whilst the engine is running!

Dont profess to be an expert but I asked exactly the same question to the guy who fitted my Ai606!

Hope that was of help
Old 07 May 2003, 10:56 PM
DaveD
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

Don't think this will work.

(Easiest way to make sure is to sit with the car and try it?!)

I believe that when the ignition it turned off and engine stops, the doors automatically unlock (some kind of safety feature in the event of a crash?).
The alarm will not arm until the driver's door is opened and closed, else the alarm assumes the driver is still in the car & therefore is pointless arming itself!

Net result is that you can lock the car with the engine running, but when it stops the car will unlock itself, and will be un-armed (although will be imobilised).
Old 07 May 2003, 11:18 PM
Houlbt
Scooby Regular

I had an Ai606 in my old scoob... so far as I am aware it is not possible to run a turbo timer with an Ai606

But I am no expert in this field.
Old 08 May 2003, 12:44 AM
SUTTS
Scooby Regular

As somebody else has already said' and they are correct,if you lock the doors with the keyfob with turbo timer on countdown, the doors will unlock when the engine stops, so you have to arm the alarm after the engine stops.

Trending Topics

Old 05 July 2003, 06:34 PM
calum
Scooby Newbie

I think you can From memory you have to set the alarm to "auto arm" which gives the turbo timer time to run and then the alarm will arm itself. Be aware though that e.g. if you leave your keys in the car by mistake the alarm will still arm with your keys stuck inside !!

[Edited by calum - 5/7/2003 6:35:43 PM]