Notices

Anyone got a Clifford 300 and dual zone sensor?

Search this Thread

Old 07 April 2003, 04:03 PM
Paul_M
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One test which will give you an idea is to try and set the sensitivity for the second zone - my C600 will allow this even if a single-zone prox is connected to it, so it seems it's independant of the actual sensor attached.

If you can't set the sensitivity for the external zone it will be good as useless anyway even if it does chirp the siren, there is no manual sensitivity screw on these so it will probably either not work due to being under-sensitive or trigger falses due to over sensitivity.

Here are the C600's instructions for setting the dual-zone, the C300 should be similar with the exception of being single-zone:

1. Turn off any fluorescent lights that may interfere with the sensitivity testing of the Concept 600’ s radar sensor.

2. Disarm the system with the remote control.

3. Transmit channel 16 on the master remote (LevelShift three times, then button 4). You will hear one chirp and the LED will turn on.

4. Test the Proximity Sensor’s primary zone by rapidly leaning through an open window into the passenger compartment. You will hear a siren chirp when the primary zone is triggered. This should not occur near the window, but i nstead when you would be in a position to touch the car stereo.

To change the sensitivity of the primary zone, press and release button 2 to increase sensitivity or button 4 to decrease sensitivity.

To rapidly increase or decrease several steps, press and hold the button. For each sensitivity incr ease, you will hear a higher and higher pitched confirmation chirp. For each sensitivity decrease, you will hear a lower and lower pitched confirmation chirp. Two LoudChirps indicate minimum and maximum settings of the 32-step range of settings. You may now pres s button 3 to adjust the warning zone, or press button 1 to fully exit the Proximity Sensor adjustment mode (you will hear 3 chirps).

To change the sensitivity of the warning zone, press button 3 (you’ll hear 1 chirp). Then use the same procedure as above, but this time, rapidly bring your hands and face to the window as a thief would to see what’s inside. The sensitivity of the warning zone should be set so that it is triggered when your face and hands are within a few inches of the windo w, no further. When done, press button 1 to reselect the primary zone (you will hear 2 chirps), then button 1 again to fully exit Proximity Sensor adjustment mode (you will hear 3 chirps).

5. Repeat the preceding steps as required. An improperly adjusted sensor will cause the Concept 600 to false alarm or not respond properly to a genuine threat. Keep in mind that you may need to reposition the sensor, possibly af ter the customer has had the system for several days.

[Edited by Paul_M - 7/4/2003 4:04:11 PM]
Old 04 July 2003, 02:10 PM
philz
Scooby Regular

I have a Clifford Concept 300 fitted to my car which only has the standard single zone sensor. I'm thinking of getting the dual zone one but want to know if the siren chirps when somebody enters the external zone or not. The Clifford UK site says that it doesn't, but I've spoken to a few people who claim that it does.

Can anyone offer a definite answer before I go off and buy one?

(does anyone know where I can buy em cheaper than my local dealer too?)
Old 04 July 2003, 04:12 PM
Paul_M
Scooby Regular

Hmm just had a look at the C300 guide and it's not got remotely adjustable prox sensor

There's your answer - unless you can add a 15-channel remote to the system (borrow one off someone with a C500/C600) and it lets you remotely adjust then it won't work because you won't be able to adjust even the inner zone.

It would be a case of try it and see as far as I can tell so best to find somone local who says it works and is prepared to put their money where their mouth is - give it a shot and not charge you if it doesn't work.
Old 04 July 2003, 10:00 PM
dave cos4x4
Scooby Regular

Hi mate, got one fitted to my car,c 300 with a prox sensor on it and it does chirp when you are by the car, you can ajust the sensitivity on it too.
I have a non-genuine prox on it so i cannot turn this function off through the remote, which was a nightmare when just setting up. When it rained, it chirpped. I was ajusted again and its fine now though.

Dave.
Old 04 July 2003, 10:11 PM
philz
Scooby Regular

Thanks for that.

Which sensor do you have? Where did you get it from?
Old 05 July 2003, 10:21 PM
Paul_M
Scooby Regular

I'm suspecting it's one of the universal add-on types that has its own siren for the warn function? If so yeah that would work fine and would interface with the alarm for the full alert as normal.

Forgot about that option.
Old 06 July 2003, 04:09 AM
HHxx
Scooby Regular

Clifford did make a dual zone prox sensor which would work in your case. Not sure if you can still get them. They had an extra pad to setup the sensitivity of either zone.

H

Trending Topics

Old 06 July 2003, 02:13 PM
philz
Scooby Regular

Is it just a matter of unplugging the single zone one, and replacing with the dual zone one (then set it up obviously)