Notices

Couple of Clifford Questions

Search this Thread

Old 20 February 2003, 09:37 PM
PDA
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've got a couple of questions to ask about my Clifford Concept 300.

1. At the moment when I arm the car the alarm chirps 4 times. What does that mean? I thought 4 beeps meant the door, boot or bonnet wasn't shut but mine are all shut.

2. Another problem is when i disconnect the battery and put it back the car chirps on arming/disarming then after couple of days it stops chirping and goes silent. Someone said my siren might be fualty is that the case.

3. I am looking into getting this (Click ) remote start module from ebay. They said it will work with my alarm but does not include the sensor to see if the car is in gear or not. Is it worth getting the kit from them or is there somewhere else I can order the kit from.

Thanks very much

PDA
Old 20 February 2003, 11:28 PM
Paul_M
Scooby Regular

As for the remote start, I think the scooby gearbox has a "neutral switch" which you can connect up as if its an auto so it will only start when this switch is active. Very unusual for a manual box!
Old 21 February 2003, 11:54 AM
chiark
Scooby Regular

Get it to a clifford dealer to check out. That's what the warranty's for. Sounds like a fault on the door circuit sensor, plus something else.

I wouldn't bother with remote start... You are technically invalidating your cat 1 insurance, plus it's an offence to leave a motor vehicle running without being inside it. Anyhow, the scoob heater warms up damn quickly
Old 21 February 2003, 07:18 PM
PDA
Scooby Newbie

Cheers for the replies.

Only problems is the car is a golf mk2 and the heating system is rubbish. Been reading through the archives and i know a couple of guys supply clifford gear. How much would it set me back to get the remote start.

Cheers
Old 21 February 2003, 07:39 PM
Paul_M
Scooby Regular

You can do remote start on normal manual boxes that don't have a neutral switch, but it's some weird procedure you have to use before switching the engine off so it knows the car is in neutral or else the remote start wont work next time you try it.

DOn't know the cost, shouldnt be too expensive since it's not overly complex (compared to the C300 install itself anyway).