Notices

Clifford Chirps

Search this Thread

Old 07 February 2003, 07:12 PM
Gizmo555
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

When switching off the Clifford if it makes a dull chirp instead of a shrill chirp what does it mean ?

Cheers

Mark
Old 07 February 2003, 09:24 PM
doctor CLIFFORD
Scooby Regular

this means the remote batterys are on there way out
Old 10 February 2003, 10:47 PM
Gizmo555
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Cheers for that.

Just to need to find the manual and figure out how to change them.
Old 11 February 2003, 07:24 AM
darms
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lightbulb

=============================
| IT MAY NOT BE YOUR BATTERY |
=============================

It depends on which type of Clifford alarm you have (how recent). Let me explain.....

If you alarm has an antenna which is flat and long, usually stuck to your windscreen, you have the older model antenna.

On the other hand if you have one with the "G4" logo on the base and have a thin rod coming from it, you've got a new type antenna.

===========
| Problem |
===========

I was advised that Clifford were receiving reports of problems with the old type of antenna's therefore redesigned them. However, in doing so have some how introduced this temperamental fault.

It happens time to time on my Clifford Concept 300 (new antenna) on my run-a-round motor. But my Clifford Concept 600 on da Scooby (touch wood) is working fine - with the old antenna.

Just keep hold of the old battery mate and seeing if it happens again...... However, your problems may be genuine to the battery being out of juice.

DR CLIFFORD – Have I been informed correctly?
Old 11 February 2003, 09:15 AM
fin
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

Automatic remote control low- battery warning
If your remote control battery is very low, you will hear a low-pitched chirp whenever you disarm rather than the high-pitched chirp that you normally hear. The system will continue to sound this low-pitched chirp every time you disarm until you replace the
battery. Since this is a warning indication, you will hear this low-pitched chirp regardless of whether you have the system set to QuietChirps, LoudChirps or no chirps and even if
you use the silent disarming feature (see page 8).

Remote control battery replacement
Replacement of a remote control battery is simple, but any Authorised Clifford Dealer will be happy to do it for you without cost provided you buy the replacement battery at their shop (it’s also a good idea to keep a spare of each battery type in your glove box just in case).

Master remote:

1. Unscrew the retaining screw on the back of the remote control.
2. Carefully pry apart the remote control case with your fingernails or a small, thin
screwdriver blade near the keyring opening (you may leave the keyring in place).
3. Remove the old battery noting the + and – indications and replace it with the new one.
4. Put the enclosure back together by first aligning the LevelShift button side, then the
top of the remote, then snap the case back together at the bottom.
5. Reinsert the retaining screw but DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN.

Companion remote:

1. Insert a small, thin screwdriver blade in the slot near the keyring opening (you may
leave the keyring in place) and turn it to separate the two halves.
2. Remove the old battery noting the + and – indications and replace it with the new one.
3. Put the enclosure back together by first aligning the top of the remote, then snapping
the case back together at the bottom.

This is for new G4 systems ie Concept 100 - 600 AG4 i Guess you will own one of these as it seams you own a scooby
Old 11 February 2003, 08:59 PM
doctor CLIFFORD
Scooby Regular

DARMS your right but it would be easyer for gizmo to change his battery first before booking it in at his local clifford dealer .
Old 11 February 2003, 11:20 PM
Gizmo555
Scooby Regular

Cheers all for the replies

Changed the battery and all seems to be ok.

Now need to figure out why it keeps going of by itself - its been waiting for a warranty main unit for lets say too long. Need to beat up my local dealer again.

What happens is that about every hour one of the siren tones sounds for a few seconds for about 5 times (not proximity or internal sensors noise) and then stops and then occasionally it goes through a full alarm sequence - which annoys the hell out of the neighbours at 3am.

Don't know if a dud car battery could cause this as its been low for ages. Replaced car battery recently so should try again and see if problem has gone away.

Maybe better to push for the warranty replacement as its on offer.

Still bugs me its been 6 months+ getting sorted - so say waiting for new supplies. Bet if I wanted to pay for a new one it wouldn't take this long.

Cheers

Mark

Trending Topics

Old 18 February 2003, 09:43 PM
Max the Clifford dealer
Scooby Regular

If when the alarm sounds, it's just for a few seconds although sometimes it may be longer, but there are no indicator flashes and the alarm arms and disarms with the remote but doesn't seem to be having any effect on quietnening the siren, then it will be a faulty siren. Quite often, if a little condensation has been allowed to build up on the PCB in the siren it can have some very strange effects on the siren's processor, or it could just be a plain faulty siren. It won't be the main alarm ECU, it'll just be the siren. Not that this is a common occurence I might add, but it is something I've seen a few times over the years since Clifford began with their digitally linked sirens on the C50X, the precursor to the current G4 series.
Old 19 February 2003, 06:35 PM
Gizmo555
Scooby Regular

Cheers Max

Thats what Clifford service told my installer and when eventually they changed the siren it done the same thing 20 mins later.

They've agreed to exchange the main unit this time and to the one modified for Imprezas - not like the current one fitted.

Cheers

Mark