Notices

Clifford Concept 600 probs.

Search this Thread

Old 29 October 2002, 02:59 PM
Gez
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Has anyone had any probs with their Concept 600?? I had it installed by on of Clifford UK's to companies NO NAMES MENTIONED. Appart from them bending for half my fins on the intercooler they also did a pretty bad installation job. At first the anti-hijacking did't work as well as the auto-lock. They came round and second time and sorted the problem out. The anti-hijacking works a treat but i had trouble in starting the car. I was actually stuck in the sticks for over 1 hour trying to start the car. I pulled the handbook out and turned off the anti hijacking and the car started without a prob. The car starts ok now with the odd hickup where it cuts out after a few seconds.
Are these common probs the the concept 600??? Can i take my car to another Clifford dealer to repair the alarm under warranty??

Cheers

Gez
Old 29 October 2002, 10:53 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Unhappy

Well if this company you got it fitted with advertises in alot of magazines and sounds like cr@p then they have been known to be cr@p.
You can take your system to another dealer, they should be able to sort your system out (it may mean taking the lot out and starting again if the installation is ****) and then report said people who fitted it in the first place to clifford so they can be removed from their official approved installation engineers.
This system is excellent but its only as excellent as the people who put it in (who dont sound very excellent to me [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] ), just find a reputed dealer to get it sorted under warranty.

Tony
Old 30 October 2002, 10:42 AM
siwrx
Scooby Regular

omg Gap are the biggest cowboys on the planet when it comes to alarms lol the number theyve ****ed up. Sounds like your blackjax is set up wrong m8, unfortunately the 600, although a top quality bit of kit, is very complex so if its installed by brain dead tosspots it tends to go wrong.

Ive got one on my scoob and never had a problem with it, also got remote start, full windows up and down, remote boot pop and other neat toys all work fine all the time.

ring streetworkz on 02082398840 and speak to a lad called james, tell him what the alarms doing etc and he will be able to tell you what the problem is on the phone. If it does end up being a case of having to refit it etc theyre very reasonably priced too.
Old 30 October 2002, 01:39 PM
Gez
Scooby Regular

Hi siwrx,
It was GAP that fitted it but im not going to comment on the company. I dont really want to pay to get a refit of the system. Cab it be done under warranty???
Cheers

Gez
Old 30 October 2002, 08:42 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wink

Gez,
you should be able to claim any refund back off Cr@p security, but after the assesment has been done on your alarm systems installation, get a copy of it and send it off to Clifford UK, this isnt the first incident of this nature, these people actually make your car MORE vunerable to theives so Clifford would probably like to know that these people are giving their alarm systems a bad name, you know you want to do it

Tony
Old 30 October 2002, 08:49 PM
doctor CLIFFORD
Scooby Regular

Your right mate GAP have just lost thier TRACKER dealership!!!!!!!
Ha Ha!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 30 October 2002, 11:49 PM
Gez
Scooby Regular

Ile tell you what, im surprised they havent lost their Clifford contract yet. I couldnt start my car for a good part of a day a few weeks ago. Not only that they bent half my fins of my intercooler (which is ok now coz i threatened them with legal action so they payed out for a new one). I phoned one clifford dealer and they said they would replace any faulty part but i would have to pay for the labour. I dont realy fancy paying anymore especially as i paid GAP £700 to have it fitted at home by suposedly Cliffords top installer. Im gonna give Clifford uk a buzz tommorow to c what they say.

Cheers

Gez
Old 31 October 2002, 08:06 AM
fastfox13
Scooby Regular

Hi Gez,
When you call Clifford ask to speak to Shaun or Ollie. I think they have something to do with the install side of things. The other thing would be to e-mail them. I did when Ihas a query on my unit and got a response.
Old 31 October 2002, 10:08 AM
Gez
Scooby Regular

Cheers fastfox,
Gonna call them today.

Gez
Old 31 October 2002, 12:32 PM
siwrx
Scooby Regular

Gez all faults are covered by clifford under warranty, if its the installation they have to fix it. However, they should do so with the right kick in the ****. If u really have problems i know a few peeps at clifford so can put u in touch
Old 31 October 2002, 01:04 PM
Gez
Scooby Regular

Cheers Siwrx
I would really appreciate the names of the chaps ay Clifford as im not getting anywhere.

Cheers

Gez
Old 01 November 2002, 11:01 AM
siwrx
Scooby Regular

right the top sales bloke for Directed electronics who gives/takes away companies contracts is called Gary Roberts, give clifford a ring and chat to him.

Im gonna enquire today 4 u to find out what the company are obliged to do for you
Old 01 November 2002, 03:45 PM
Gez
Scooby Regular

Much obliged ma8!
Owe u a drink.

Gez
Old 03 November 2002, 12:01 AM
siwrx
Scooby Regular

spoke to my mate and he says he will fix the problem and u can bill GAP for it. This is your legal right. Ring James on 02082398840

hope it helps

si
Old 03 November 2002, 12:53 AM
ChristianR
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
is GAP a chain of garages or something? or is it just a garage somewhere? if so where?
Old 03 November 2002, 02:56 AM
Gez
Scooby Regular

ChristianR, GAP is meant to be according to Clifford UK on of the top installers (load of ****). They have a head office and a team of mobile installers. The work is sub-contracted to other small installers who come out and install the system. Not only were they cowboys in my mind they also ruined my intercoooler. Thankfully they paid out for a new one which was nice of them.

Cheers

Gez
Old 03 November 2002, 03:30 PM
siwrx
Scooby Regular

give my m8 a ring tomorrow if u want him to sort the warranty work instead m8
Old 04 November 2002, 09:21 AM
fastfox13
Scooby Regular

To clarify a couple of points mentioned in earlier postings on warrenty and who is responsible.
Whatever product you buy, you are entering into a legal contract when you purchase goods. Your contract is with the company / shop/etc from whom you have purchased the goods.(in this case GAP)Whether the fault is install or product related your course of action is with them. Your warrenty is with GAP. Clifford (in this case)warrenty product with GAP. Installation warrenty is covered by the installation company not by the manufacturer of the product.
If you are unhappy and have lost confidence with GAP then you have course to take the car elsewhere for work to be done and bill it to them BUT only with their (GAP)concent, knowledge and agreement.

I hope this helps.
Old 04 November 2002, 09:41 AM
Gez
Scooby Regular

Definately does help BUT if GAP have 1) caused £700 worth of damage to my car (ruined intercooler) 2) Forgot to connect wires under the bonne hence blackjax not working first time 3)left stranded with a car that doesnt start in the middle of nowhere, etc etc, would you want them to fix your car again????

Cheers

Gez
Old 04 November 2002, 06:04 PM
fastfox13
Scooby Regular

Gez, I wouldn't want them back to touch the car either. The fact you have lost faith in their ability !!?? means you have good course to get the work done elsewhere and have the bill paid by them. BUT you have to inform them first. If you were to go to trading standards they would say the same.
The fact you have already got them to pay for a new intercooler would indicate they would have to agree to get yor car sorted.
I would let Clifford know what hassle you have had with the install by GAP. They do want to know about poor installs as it obviously effects their products.

Good Luck.
Old 05 November 2002, 12:05 AM
Eagle7
Scooby Regular

i have seen many complaints about these guys. I can't believe clifford still use them after reports like this. It destroys faith in the rest of the 'approved installers'