Notices

Hello, and an ECU/immobiliser question

Search this Thread

Old 27 October 2002, 11:22 AM
Trevor B
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

First of all i am new to the forum so I will say hell.o, I have recently bought an MY99 and so far have fitted a HKS filter and full decat Hyper muffler. Among a few other mods I have planned, I have bought an Apexi power FC (re-mappable ECU). Anyway i am having a couple of probs getting it to work, it communicates with my laptop and the car ok, everything seems fine but it doesn't fire the injectors. As the ECU's are designed for WRX's i am guessing it is a problem with the chip key not de-activating the immobiliser. Has anybody else had this problem or know of a way to get it working. Cheers Trev,
Old 27 October 2002, 12:41 PM
john banks
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't think it is an immobiliser problem as they are off ECU in these cars. I know the STi ECUs and wiring loom have the cam and crank sensors switched so that an STi ECU cannot start a UK car, but I can reflash an STi ECU in a UK car - just won't start the engine for this reason. I believe it is a safety device. The STi also has about a 10 degree offset for the ignition timing compared with the UK. How the WRX fits into all this I don't know as I tend to see either STi and UK not WRX for MY99/00. Note that the STi cams are certainly different. Sounds like you need to get onto technical support for the ECU and see if it is a goer. If not I have another suggestion - email me direct.
Old 27 October 2002, 02:53 PM
ZAZ
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Try giving RC Developments a call, they sell that ECU and map it!http://www.rcdevelopments.co.uk/