Checking pin code

Search this Thread

Old 13 July 2022, 09:33 PM
Runnerman
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Checking pin code

Evening all!

Is there a way of checking that the pin code in the documents I received with my 2006 WRX is correct and hasn't been changed please?

Any advice very welcome!
Old 13 July 2022, 10:37 PM
Don Clark
Scooby Regular

Received 747 Likes on 620 Posts

Try using it.....
Old 13 July 2022, 10:41 PM
Runnerman
Scooby Regular

Thanks, Don Clark......presumably just unlock the car with the key then enter pin on keypad? Which will hopefully kill the siren?
Will try in the morning......!!!
Old 14 July 2022, 06:28 AM
Don Clark
Scooby Regular

Info for M30 Sigma alarm
Keypad Use:
-
-The keypad allows only THREE PIN attempts and then will "Lock Up" if an incorrect number is entered a third time. This is a secuity feature to prevent random attempts at stealing the vehicle, however, it is also an inconvenience if you are suffering "Radio Lock Out" and enter your PIN incorrectly.
- The PIN number should not be entered too quickly or too slowly - when a digit has been pressed the small LED built into the keypad will illuminate briefly as confirmation and only then should the next digit be entered.

If an incorrect digit is pressed or the delay between entering digits exceeds10 seconds, then the LED above the keypad will flash rapidly and the PIN attempt should be aborted and started again after 30 seconds.

Due to the small size of the keypad some users may find a rubber tipped pencil easier to use. DO NOT use the sharp tip of a ball point pen etc, or press excessively hard on the keypad as this will only damage the membrane and cause a digit to remain pressed, causing a continual incorrect PIN.

Changing your PIN:-
-Arm and then Disarm the system using a working Radio Key.

- Within 30 seconds of disarming, type into the keypad: *17856*92*wxyz*wxyz# (where wxyz is your new PIN code)
- Arm the system with the Radio Key
- You should now be able to disarm the system using the new PIN code
The following users liked this post:
Old 14 July 2022, 08:26 AM
Runnerman
Scooby Regular

Many thanks, Don Clark, very helpful.

The problem I'm facing is that I've just bought a new key fob and already have one that works. Using the key doesn't seem to want to code in the new fob so I want to try using the pincode instead.

I'm going to first try your method above to change my pincode (or ensure existing one is logged!) then code the new key.........I've a funeral to go to so might just wait till after that before trying!

Thanks again for your help!
Old 14 July 2022, 08:59 AM
Don Clark
Scooby Regular

Pairing Radio keys

Arm and then Disarm the system using the working Radio Key.

- Within 30 seconds of disarming, type into the keypad- *17856*91*2# where 2 is total number of radio keys to work the system
- Briefly press both radio keys in turn (the dash board LED will flash each time and the siren will bleep) Any radio keys not programmed here will no-longer operate the system.
- You should now be able to arm and disarm the system using all the radio keys programmed.
Old 14 July 2022, 09:46 AM
Runnerman
Scooby Regular

Thanks, Don Clark, this is what I did, followed it exactly 5 times, never got a beep. The keypad is immaculate, no sign of damage and flashed after each digit I entered so I don't think that's the problem.

I might just try entering the pin code once to see if that works, if it doesn't I've got the key that works anyway.

Many thanks for your help, much appreciated - I'll let you know what happens next!

Steve
Old 14 July 2022, 10:44 AM
Don Clark
Scooby Regular

Have you a copy of the alarm manual?
At some point, not exactly sure whether it was MY06 or 07, Subaru moved to the S series alarms.
If it's an S series alarm then the function codes entered are slightly different

Changing PIN Code: *17856 * 992*1234*1234 # where 1234 is the PIN Code.
Pairing Radio Keys: *17856* 991*n # where n is between 1 and 4 and is the number of Radio Keys to be learnt by the system.
After the sequence is keyed in, the first Radio Key button should be pressed briefly. The siren will bleep and the dashboard LED
flash to confirm each Radio Key has been learnt

Old 14 July 2022, 12:25 PM
Runnerman
Scooby Regular

The alarm manual is ninth edition, (August 2005) and has the "91" not "991" in the text. I had wondered about that as well.......if all else fails I'll give Subaru technical a call........know them very well!!
Old 14 July 2022, 06:51 PM
Runnerman
Scooby Regular

Hi Don Clark,

Success at second attempt just now, pairing the key using existing fob. I suspect I hadn't pressed the * key hard enough previously.......

Thanks for all your help!

Steve
The following users liked this post: