Notices

STI 2016... Sigma S30???

Search this Thread

Old 25 December 2020, 07:07 PM
timjohnson
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default STI 2016... Sigma S30???

Hi guys bought a 2016 STI last week, the 4 digit pin code didn't come with it but a Subaru dealer gave me original code and told me it's a Sigma S30, other people online say its an M30, can't find the manual for an S30 but would think they're similar.
I want to activate things like beeps when arming/disarming etc and change the pin in case alarm goes off and key not working.

When I try going into extra options the alarm just beeps before finishing entering the codes...

Can anyone help??? Cheers!
Old 25 December 2020, 08:34 PM
Don Clark
Scooby Regular

Received 747 Likes on 620 Posts

The S30/32/34 models are different to the M30 series including the codes.
As you have keyless access (Smart Entry) with push button start the OEM keyless access system operates the alarm rather than the the alarm operating the keyless entry (when you have an actual key to start the car).

The coding of the "keys" or smartcards as they are referred to, is done by the Subaru systems via SSM and the ECU
Assuming the same as MY11 onwards it is a Sigma32 model and there "should be"? a sticker at the base of the passenger side "B" pillar next to the VIN plate.
Did you not get the alarm manual passed on with the car??

See this thread for tones disarm/arm
https://www.scoobynet.com/security-1...lp-please.html

Changing your PIN:

- Arm and then Disarm the system using the smart card (lock/unlock the car).

- Within 30 seconds of disarming, type into the keypad: *17856*992*wxyz*wxyz# (where wxyz is your new PIN code)

Last edited by Don Clark; 25 December 2020 at 09:04 PM.
Old 26 December 2020, 02:46 PM
timjohnson
Scooby Regular

Hi Don, thanks for the reply! Last night i managed to get beeps working for arming/disarming! :-) took several attempts b got there in the end. I called a subaru dealer and he told me the original pin but i want my own obviously.
so how will i know if the pin was successfully changed apart from setting the alarm off to disarm?
i did read somewhere u have to turn the immob off to change the pin, when i arm/disarm i still get flashing red key light on the dash...
Old 26 December 2020, 02:48 PM
timjohnson
Scooby Regular

And sorry yes i got the manual with the car but it's not that great and doesn't tell you the extra options you can change.
i see u can add remote start, would you know if i could add that and a turbo timer?
Old 26 December 2020, 05:50 PM
Don Clark
Scooby Regular

Just for reference and unlikely to change in the new year when we finally leave..........
"Arm/Disarm Tones
For installation in all EU countries this feature is turned off at default to comply with European legislation.
In non EU countries this feature can be turned on to provide an audible indication that the security system has
armed (with a 3 second tone) or disarmed (with a 1 second tone), this may be necessary if the Arm/Disarm
Indicator Flash has been turned off. If any sensors have been deleted prior to arming then 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6 tones on
arming confirms the chosen sensor combination.
Note: The volume of these Arm/Disarm Tones cannot be adjusted."

Why on earth would you want a turbo timer your turbo is watercooled so doesn't need one.
From as far back as the newage

Similarly remote start - is it lega in the UKl?, is it insureable in the UK?, and to start on the button you need both a neutral signal and the clutch depressed.

The flashing red key light is for the OEM ECU immobiliser, not the Sigma alarm/immobiliser.
AFAIK The alarm/immobiliser tri-colour LED is fitted here

You will only know if you have changed the PIN by locking the car, then open the door with the emergency access key, once the alarm has gone off, tap in the PIN on the keypad to cancel. If it doesn't work disarm with the smart card.

Last edited by Don Clark; 26 December 2020 at 06:01 PM.
Old 26 December 2020, 06:06 PM
timjohnson
Scooby Regular

Hey, of course i forgot about the emergency key! That's great for all your info.

Wow i didn't know that about the water cooled turbo charger!! I've had 4 turbo cars some with turbo timers and was always told leave to idle for about 45 seconds/1 min and fingers crossed never had a blown turbo, my last bugeye (2001) did 183,000 miles on original turbo!

Remote start isn't something I'm bothered about tbh, it was on my old Clifford concept 300 but i get what you mean about it needing the clutch depressed too.

I couldn't find any sticker by the vin id on the windscreen, but even in the subaru manual it doesn't tell me exactly what model the alarm is but i believe s30 (according to a subaru dealer)

Thanks again for all your help!
Old 26 December 2020, 08:09 PM
Don Clark
Scooby Regular

The VIN plate is at the bottom of the passenger side "B" pillar - open passenger side doors to see it as shown below

If you have the Alarm manual it should show on the back cover which version alarm is fitted
This is the bottom back cover of mine for the MY11 saloon - S32 model

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
S32.pdf (29.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 26 December 2020, 08:53 PM
timjohnson
Scooby Regular

I checked the alarm manual and there it is! So is that an s32 or s32se? Any difference?

I also found the vin sticker on the passenger pillar, but can't recall why i was looking at that but did give me all the colour code etc :-)
Old 26 December 2020, 10:10 PM
Don Clark
Scooby Regular

As per the pdf attached above...........

SIGMA S32 •Thatcham Category 2 to 1 upgrade alarm system, providing perimeter and ultrasonic interior protection •Switched from vehicle’s existing OE remote controls

Last edited by Don Clark; 26 December 2020 at 10:12 PM.
Old 03 January 2021, 09:18 PM
timjohnson
Scooby Regular

Default Louder arming noise?

Hi, maybe one for you again Don! I've turned on the warning tone for arming and disarming but it's very quiet, is there any way to make it louder?
Old 03 January 2021, 10:22 PM
Don Clark
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by timjohnson
Hi, maybe one for you again Don! I've turned on the warning tone for arming and disarming but it's very quiet, is there any way to make it louder?
Arm/Disarm Tones (*000)
For installation in all EU countries this feature is turned off at default to comply with European legislation.
In non EU countries this feature can be turned on to provide an audible indication that the security system has
armed (with a 3 second tone) or disarmed (with a 1 second tone), this may be necessary if the Arm/Disarm
Indicator Flash has been turned off. If any sensors have been deleted prior to arming then 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6 tones on
arming confirms the chosen sensor combination.
Note: The volume of these Arm/Disarm Tones cannot be adjusted.
Old 03 January 2021, 10:26 PM
timjohnson
Scooby Regular

Yeh i read your previous post, shame though, think just got too used to my old Clifford beep beep