New STi Owner - and probably a dead simple question

Search this Thread

Old 31 May 2014, 12:00 AM
Bored Secretary
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New STi Owner - and probably a dead simple question

Hello,

First post and I'm asking for help, but I just want to check whether this is normal. I bought a 2010 Subaru WRX STI hatch the other day and it's great and all that, but there's one thing that is bugging me (and my significantly better half).

The car came with two keys, both with a single lock/unlock function. We also have the PIN access code.

When we go to open the doors using said key(s), it will lock/unlock the drivers side no problem, but the passenger side requires an immediate tug on the unlock, before it - almost immediately - locks again, unless you are stood on that side of the car, in which case it unlocks fine. The rear doors operate lock/unlock providing you are stood on the side you are trying to open when you press the button twice and the boot will only open if you manually unlock the car with the key.

Killer question: is this normal behaviour? If not, can I fix it myself or am I going to have to make the jaunt to somewhere specific?

It's a novel security feature if it is behaving correctly, but it's a right royal pain in the bum. Ideally I'd like it to 'one click' open the driver door / 'two clicks' open the lot.

Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

Last edited by Bored Secretary; 31 May 2014 at 12:04 AM. Reason: Clarity
Old 02 June 2014, 09:12 PM
abre
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

If it's got keyless (which I think it has) Yes... If you press the unlock button & immediately press unlock on the fob again you will unlock all doors together.
The unlocking of the drivers door or whichever you are stood by is a security feature. As you suggest the actual sequence is that on unlock all doors unlock but immediately the other doors re-lock. My children love trying yo beat the re-lock cycle! As for the hatch if you have the key on you you should just need to press the unlock button to open it... Must admit I've never used the button for the boot on the fob