Notices

Impreza Newbie

Search this Thread

Old 15 July 2012, 08:27 PM
bowski
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Impreza Newbie

Good evening guys, this is my first subaru after being a blue oval fan for many years my mate has persuaded me to buy an impreza. After a couple of months of looking i purchased a 1997 classic type r from N Ireland after long conversation with the owner and Ali Burrows who had looked after the car, the car has been on here before under the username Barry White R? i got the car on friday and drove it from the airport to larne - ferry to cairnryan and all the way back to kelso in the Scottish borders 3 1/2 motoring bliss! until today 3 mile outside kelso the car decided to cough and splutter and then stop (not a happy chappy) quick phone call to my mate to come help by the time he had arrived the car had started but was idling like i was wanting to run on 3 cylinders we reckon it might be the ignition coil? has anyone experienced this before? any help would be great

many thanks
Old 17 July 2012, 01:12 AM
Beastie
Scooby Regular

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

I havent experienced it, but ignition coil would be a favourite on that age of car. I would go for that first. Especially as it was all right then had a long run.

Others could be cam or crank sensor.

You might get better response in Scooby General as it seems bit quiet in here.

Cheers
Old 21 July 2012, 05:45 PM
bowski
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

cheers beastie, further investigations proved that it was a faulty MAF sensor luckily my mate had a spare took it for a long run upto perth and back no probs to report now apart from the wife has a sore neck from me giving it some lol
Old 22 July 2012, 08:06 AM
Beastie
Scooby Regular

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by bowski
cheers beastie, further investigations proved that it was a faulty MAF sensor luckily my mate had a spare took it for a long run upto perth and back no probs to report now apart from the wife has a sore neck from me giving it some lol
Thats good its sorted