Notices

Glasgow airport car parking ??

Search this Thread

Old 05 May 2008, 07:42 AM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Glasgow airport car parking ??

Will be flying out off Glasgow next month and looking to book the car in for its one week holiday off its own at the airport !! was recommended to try BAA flightpatch parking, anyone here used them before ?? any probs ?? had a look online but could not find a contact number for them, anyone know the number to get in touch with them ??

any other recommendations for parking at this particular airport, would prefer not to have to have to hand the actual car keys in to the parking company which I know some companies do insist on, also would prefer parking near enough at the airport as opposed to several miles away. will be leaving the car for one week.

anyone any advice ??

cheers
Old 05 May 2008, 05:47 PM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi there, I've only got the one recommendation, a company my parents have always used. Its a private company in paisley that you just leave your car with and they drive you to the airport. Pretty sure they leave the keys with them though, so you may not be interested. They've never had any problems with them...although I have to say I wouldnt fancy leaving the scooby with them, but thats just me and I dont trust anyone with it.

Will get the contact details for you ASAP incase you are actually interested.

Alan
Old 05 May 2008, 07:55 PM
bmac800
Scooby Regular

Have left cars at Park Safe in Paisley a few times (the one Smeato works for) and they were spot on.
Old 05 May 2008, 09:29 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Okay guys thanks for the info appreciatte that, to be honest would prefer not too leake the keys with any company, have heard off a few horror stories including my own fathers who upon leaving his car and taking note off the actual mileage on the clock was somewhat surprised to find a total off 17 extra miles on the clock, upon phoning / writting to the company concerned was informed that it is sometimes neccesary to move the car around the car park !!!!!

cant remember the company who this particular story relates to but again would just prefer to have my own keys with me at all times .

am going to probably book with BAA flightpatch , is going to work out at around £28 for the week which I am not sure is good or not ??!! but there are at the airport and as far as I know ( will obviously check !! ) you dont have to hand over your keys !!!

thanks again guys.
Old 06 May 2008, 07:44 PM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

No problem.

The company my parents use(and have used for the last 10 or so years, with at least one holiday a year) is called direct parking.

PARKSAFE - Secure Car Parking at Glasgow Airport

Thats the link above, and you can actually get a quote on the website just by filling in a few boxes with your departure date and return landing date. It was £18 pounds for a week the last time they used them, and that was only two weeks ago, so I cant imagine it costing you much more or less.

Up to you about the key issue obviously. My parents have a brand new honda civic, so not exactly a heap of sh*te banger...and they trust them enough with it. I would maybe not trust them with the scoob though, i've always been paranoid about people(garages etc) taking it for joyrides!

Alan
Old 06 May 2008, 10:10 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Cheers alan, again appreciatte the info mate, nothing booked yet so may well end up giving them a phone.

cheers mate
Old 07 May 2008, 11:07 PM
seafar99
Scooby Regular

Jono,
I've used Flightpath everytime and have no complaints.

Trending Topics

Old 08 May 2008, 07:47 AM
Kit B
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TerzoAlan
No problem.

The company my parents use(and have used for the last 10 or so years, with at least one holiday a year) is called direct parking.

PARKSAFE - Secure Car Parking at Glasgow Airport

Thats the link above, and you can actually get a quote on the website just by filling in a few boxes with your departure date and return landing date. It was £18 pounds for a week the last time they used them, and that was only two weeks ago, so I cant imagine it costing you much more or less.

Up to you about the key issue obviously. My parents have a brand new honda civic, so not exactly a heap of sh*te banger...and they trust them enough with it. I would maybe not trust them with the scoob though, i've always been paranoid about people(garages etc) taking it for joyrides!

Alan
I just got a quote for a week in October... £18.92 ....... Seems reasonable
Old 15 May 2008, 03:40 PM
black subaru 06
Scooby Regular

hi there was a story in paper recently about a guy the left his car at car park and the guys drove it and wrecked it it was an rs4 estate think they were parksafe

i would use the staff car park buddy follow someone in through barrier the barrier opens up automatically on way out or give me a shout i will let you in as i work there (ps. smeato is a complete ****** i know i worked with him )