Notices

NEED A NEW HOME

Search this Thread

Old 24 September 2006, 02:16 PM
EVOLUTION
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEED A NEW HOME

Right, it would appear that i am set to make a treck even further north than my newcastle home.

As a current TTS member, looks like im going to have to find myself a new club.Big Smile []

Looking to move as my new job in Arbroath is looking immanent.

So, my question is, what goes on in the Aberdeen and Dundee areas as fron what i can gather, im in the middle of the 2?
Was up there friday and yesterday and didnt see many fellow scoobs floating around.

This post goes on a bit so please bare with me

And to another point, im in need of some help with local knowlage if any of you guys or gals can help. Need somewhere to live and im looking at rented housing to start with. My feeling of Arbroath was OK, bit it seem a little quiet TBH, me being a lively young 25 yr old. Stayed in Dundee for the night and it seemed a little bit more lively, more my scene.

Can anyone shed any light on the areas where to be and the areas where not to be. Im presuming that the 2 citys are no different to any others on the face of the plannet in that they will have good and bad areas.

Not looking for mega posh areas, but on the flip side of that, i do want to be able to sleep safe in the knowlage that when i get up, my pride and joy will still be outside. The type of accomadation im looking at is the small 1 to 2 bed flat, so more oftern than not, im looking at on street parking which concerns me, as at the moment, its currently locked up safe and sound in a garage.

Whats the area like behind the Dundee football ground, looks to be good, prices are average and doesnt seem bad at all?

Many thanks for any help anyone can give,

John
Old 24 September 2006, 03:46 PM
BigAl024
Scooby Regular

Hey John - I'm from Dundee, but work up North. Still got my flat in Dundee however. Like you say, Arbroath is a fair bit quieter than Dundee, Dundee having 2 universities etc. For property, have a look at this link. Gimme a shout if ye need any help. All the best with the move, Al

http://www.tspc.co.uk/search.asp

P.S - Plenty folk on SIDC - Scottish Scoobies, from Dundee/Tayside area.
Old 24 September 2006, 03:59 PM
EVOLUTION
Scooby Regular

Hi

Thanks for that mate.

The problem i have got, is where to mover to and where not to go.

As i said, behind the footy ground in Dundee seems to be good, a mamber on SIDC has confirmed this, but so far, this is the only place i have seen.

He did say however, stay away from whitfield, Fintry and Birkhill as he thought these areas to be a bit dodgey.

I was looking to be as close to the center as possible, probably the Broughtyferry side of Dundee, but will look at anywhere

Thanks for the reply, will be back to bend your ear later if you dont mind, got so much to do and so little time to do it in.

regards

John
Old 24 September 2006, 04:29 PM
BigAl024
Scooby Regular

Would agree with Fintry and Whitfield not being the most desirable areas. Birkhill is fine, however you may struggle to get a flat there. Broughty Ferry tends to more expensive than anywhere else in Dundee, as is Monifieth. West End is generally good, Perth Road and that area towards the Airport. Other areas I would say to avoid are Charleston and Kirkton.

Al
Old 24 September 2006, 04:31 PM
BigAl024
Scooby Regular

Oh, and here is a very rough map of dundee, and the different areas. All from the TSPC website.

http://www.tspc.co.uk/dundee-postcode-search.asp
Old 24 September 2006, 06:50 PM
EVOLUTION
Scooby Regular

cheers

i will be looking at that over the naxt few days, it was also suggested on the SIDC site

thanks for the help

john