Notices

Dealer and getting stuff done

Search this Thread

Old 11 April 2001, 12:24 AM
SCOSaltire
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi all,

I got my car from a dealer, but he seemes to now be playing dumb to things I have mentioned about the car - clutch judder, jerky acceleration off-boost when engine cold, brakes making scraping noise at low speed stops, gear stick occasionally stricking and gears crunching even with clutch fully down.

Can I go to another dealer (apart from the one I bought the car off of) and mention these.
Are they likly to be under warrenty (spelling) ?

just had the car a week.

Any dealers to be recommended in Lothian/Fife/Tayside?

ta
Old 11 April 2001, 01:33 PM
tobyholly
Scooby Newbie

Sco
I use Nobles in Penicuik for servicing -my experience is that they are excellent.I have tried a few others for initial purchase enquiries and subsequent follow up info eg modifications and would only recommend you speak to Colin Noble.
MY99 DBM Wagon
PPP (Nobles fitted)
38000 miles,trouble free
Old 11 April 2001, 01:44 PM
Dark
Scooby Regular

Red face

SCO

That's disgusting, especially if you've just bought the car.

Try Town & County in Perth. They are much more understanding with regards to warranty claims.

According to Nobles my clutch judder was a feature. "they all do that sir!"

T&C replaced under warranty after a two minute trip around the block.

Don't let Nobles get away with c*&p service, ask for the problems to be fixed or your money back.

Next time vote with your feet!

Mark
MY98 5dr
Old 11 April 2001, 01:48 PM
Dark
Scooby Regular

tobyholly

Shouldn't the PPP be fitted by Prodrive?

Did you get a certificate to say that the PPP was fitted and covered by the Subaru UK warranty?

Mark
MY98 5dr

Old 11 April 2001, 02:18 PM
SCOSaltire
Scooby Regular

Who is Colin at Nobles?
Do you know Graham the sales man there?

I am also thinking of going for the PPP - and guages.. so the choice of dealer now is kinda critical.

I want the clutch replaced with the P1 clutch.. as per Subaru UK's recommendation.

T&C are closer to me.
When did Nobles turn down doing your clutch under warranty?

As a side question - I have the option to get gold subaru wrx wheels for my DBM MY99.
Said no so far, but have realised that I am getting them for much cheapness.

keep the replies coming
Old 11 April 2001, 02:24 PM
tobyholly
Scooby Newbie

Mark

PPP fitted at Nobles -Prodrive technician.I believe from other previous posts that this is not unusual -especially for those of us who live a considerable distance from Prodrive Hq.There are always a few people waiting for PPP and the dealers seem to try to organise a few at a time.

I have receipt and info but no certificate but I am trusting(!) and dont anticipate any warranty claim problems in the future -decent guys (in my experience).

I am happy with my service at this dealer and can therefore only recommend on that basis.

PS Company car so not really ultimately as concerned as if it was mine!
Old 11 April 2001, 04:09 PM
AndrewW
Scooby Regular

Angry

I too have suffered the "there's no way you're going to be able to fix that" repsonse with regards to the clutch judder from Nobles.

Are the any other dealers in the area more willing to fix this problem.

Andrew.
MY99 + SS backbox
Old 11 April 2001, 06:26 PM
WillieF
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

In General I have found Nobles service to be pretty good. Colin Noble is a reasonable guy to deal with and appears to know what he is talking about.

I beleive that they are the only people that Prodrive let fit all of their upgrades without taking them to Prodrive.

My car is there [all] next week getting Prodrive stuff done.

Graham in sales is possibly you problem try speaking to Colin directly.
Old 11 April 2001, 08:18 PM
SCOSaltire
Scooby Regular

Hi,

What ProDrive stuff are you getting done?

I am thinking of getting some done... PPP and guages...

dont get me wrong about the car and service... has been great to date...

I am sure things will move along soon...

Gave my dad a shot of the car tonight... he came back grinning from ear to ear!
Gotta love the car...
Old 11 April 2001, 09:07 PM
Andy H
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

We dont use Nobles as we are from Teesside, but when we where traveling up to the Knockhill track day last month our car went into limp home mode near Berwick, which would have spoilt the day.

After a couple of phone calls we where directed to Nobles. Got there at 11 in the morning and the place was very busy, but before we had even got out of the car a mechanic had come over and asked if we where the car with the boost problem (they had a phone call letting them know we would be calling in (thanks Neil)) and took the car straight into the workshop.He had found the problem, changed the part and reset the ECU within 15mins.

If all dealerships where this good, Subaru would have no problem winning the JD Power again and i would definetly use them if they where a bit closer.

[This message has been edited by Andy H (edited 11 April 2001).]
Old 11 April 2001, 11:15 PM
Neil Scott
Scooby Regular

SCO,

The P1 clutch can also suffer from judder - seems to be 'one of those things'. I had a new clutch fitted to my previous Scoob under warranty at T&C in Perth due to judder. The warranty replacement was fine for a while but started to judder again just before I changed the car. I find it only happens during wet weather.
I find T&C in Perth good to deal with.

Neil.
Old 11 April 2001, 11:17 PM
taz
Scooby Regular

HA HA HA

In my opinion the above dealer from Penicuik should not have a Subaru dealership as I was treated like a child and after many visits to the garage to get my car fixed I ended up doing the work myself as they could not do it. I also had a problem with piston slap which they told me they could diagnose when warm and Subaru advised me it is impossible. I too have defected to T&C who are superb and are always willing to help and give you some of their time unlike the other dealer. I felt I was intruding when I asked for assistance. I do not want to get into a dealer slagging contest but they need to learn if they treat their local customers like dirt then they will not come back.
Old 12 April 2001, 07:33 AM
ChrisG
Scooby Regular

I use Fiskens in Forfar. They are a small but friendly dealership. Although I didn't buy my car from them I've always found them to be quite good.
Regards,
Chris
Old 12 April 2001, 10:07 PM
Big Den
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Guys

I purchased a Catalunya from Nobles last November & found their sales (Graham & Angela) to be very pleasant to deal with. Their service Dept., managed by Colin Noble, have also been excellent so far in dealing with a couple of items for me. I have not been back for a service since they carried out the 45,000/36 months service prior to me receiving the car but, I do intend to return there in May for the next service. My brother switched from T&C to Nobles for his servicing due to the poor service & attitude at T&C (this seemed to have changed when the dealership changed from Anderson Cars to T&C) - he rates Nobles as far better to deal with.

My only experience with T&C was last summer when I was viewing a selection of used impreza Turbo's. I thought the smarmy approach and tactics employed by the sales team were pathetic.

Suppose it comes down to personal experiences at the dealers & how we get on with the people we have to deal with at these dealers.

Den