Wagon or Legacy GTB

Search this Thread

Old 18 May 2005, 08:17 AM
steve_nairn_sti
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Wagon or Legacy GTB

Morning everyone!

I'm considering coming back to the fold after nearly a two year break (time flies!!). My first baby is due in just over a month so I need to think "practical yet fun". I've narrowed my list of possibilities to a wagon or a Legacy GTB.

Does anyone have any opinion on the pro's or con's of each one?

Cheers guys.
Old 18 May 2005, 10:35 AM
DuncanG
Scooby Regular

I've had both, currently have a GT.

The GT can be much less/easier to insure than a GT-B btw. GT is nominally 250 or 260ps depending on MY and the GT-B is nominally 280ps and is only available from MY97+. Anything pre MY97 is a 250ps GT. Thats for the manual, the autos are limited to 260ps regardless of year.

The leggy suits me better. More room, both in the driving seat and especially of course in the back. And much more stealthy - I was forever getting stopped or followed (up to 15 miles) by our friends in blue. On the other hand the imp has a lot more mid-range grunt and is a bit more agile in the twisties - although the leggy is pretty nimble for a big car.

Try them both.
Old 18 May 2005, 03:34 PM
steve_nairn_sti
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the advice Duncan.

I'm disappointed about how quiet it is around here! I don't know the ins and outs of why everyone's jumped ship but I'm off to the SIDC site now too!

Thanks again for your thoughts though mate.
Old 18 May 2005, 11:04 PM
Kevin Groat
Scooby Regular

I still have both.....a 98 V3 STi wagon and a 97 GTB. Had the wagon 6 yrs now and never had a problem with it. Bought it for the practicality and find it to be a fun family car with a serious edge if you need GTB was bought last year as a winter runabout, bought it in Kent as we were after a manual box, drove it back to Aberdeen and after 94k miles it managed 277bhp on the rolling road. Fab car to drive, space is fantastic. Not as frantic as the STi but the acceleration around the ton in top gear is Very easy to travel fast without realising you're doing it.

Buy one of each...