Notices

What's your best traffic cop excuse??

Search this Thread

Old 04 May 2004, 11:12 PM
evojkp
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking What's your best traffic cop excuse??

What excuses have you used to get away with a speeding ticket.

Me..

1 - Sorry officer I was just driving along and didn't know my speed....DONE, 3pts and £24. Also wanted to do me for undue care and attention.

2 - I was following the car in front and I thought you were his mates taking the P......DONE, 3pts £400 fine. (well it was 82 in a 40 )

The wife the very first day she get her new car, leaning down to change the tape didn't see the cop who was trying to flag her down for speeding and nearly ran him over ......DONE 3pts and £36 fine
Old 04 May 2004, 11:19 PM
talizman
Scooby Regular

"Sorry officer, my rudder is knackered and I was having trouble taking off"
Old 04 May 2004, 11:24 PM
AlanG
Scooby Regular

"Seen you following me for the last 20miles but thought nothing of it as we were flowing well with the traffic"

... was told he measured my speed in the last mile before being stopped and pointed out to me that i braked twice in that measurement. Speed measured...110!!

Result? Was told to keep to 80-85 and take plenty breaks as i still had 400 miles to get to destination!!
First port of call??..services for the toilet!! Was shakin' all the way home i can tell you!!...
Old 04 May 2004, 11:25 PM
New To Scoob
Scooby Regular

It wisnae me driving honest Guv = 4 month ban £500 fine

John.
Old 04 May 2004, 11:26 PM
Spooks
Scooby Regular

Police man " I dont know whether to do you for speeding or low flying sir"
Driver " well best do me for speeding officer"
Police man " why would that be sir"
Driver " cause I aint got a pilots lisence"

Touch wood but never been pulled for speeding as I dont ever speed, not once never ever.
Last Time I was stopped for "allegedly" wheel spining and doughnuts in a built up area I asked for a Tissue or Rag to check my oil as my oil light had came on when passing this are and that was the only reason I was ther Officer.......... result OK sir , and if you see the car that has been reported to look exactly like yours then let em know we will get em ......gulp
Spooks

Last edited by Spooks; 04 May 2004 at 11:37 PM. Reason: cause I canni spell still
Old 05 May 2004, 09:41 AM
Marky-San
Scooby Regular

I overtook the Police car on the old Stepps road as he doddling at 25, so as I was passing him he accelerated - was a dual carriageway - I ended up doing 59.23 mph before I passed him. Pulled in and slowed to 30 again.

They put lights on, I didnt see them cause they were so close up my hoop. Got to traffic lights at red - I drove off as you do, they overtook me and squeezed me into the road barrier above the M8. I reversed so I could get out, the cop jumped my car like he was Starsky. But I had locked my door (it was Stepps after all).

3pt and £60 fine, stern talking too.

I reported officer for straddling car and causing dents and deep scratches. Got an photocopied apology and car repaired. Fair enough.

Might add - I was in a 1.3 Nissan Sunny

Not proud of it, and the cop wasnt either. I know this as hes now a good mate. When we're drunk we always bring it up