Notices

Black Evo - Coatbridge

Search this Thread

Old 26 February 2004, 01:28 PM
EleanorBhoy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Black Evo - Coatbridge

Was interested in an evo that i saw advertised at a garage in coatbridge. Does anyone know the car - **** GUW.

The reason i ask, is that the car has no history with it & its a uk model...(three years old)

thanks in advance...
Old 26 February 2004, 06:53 PM
evojkp
Scooby Regular

Maybe ask the question over at the Lancer Register Website, I'm sure one of the Scottish members there could possibly help you out.

Although an Evo with no history, when they have to be serviced every 4500 miles, especially a UK car would set alarm bells ringing and I would not touch with a sh!ty stick.
Minimum you could do is see the car and look for clues as to where it came from, ie garage names on reg plate, stickers etc and give the service dept a call to see if they can give you any info on it. I take it it is an Evo6 as these were the first official grey imports via Ralliart. If it's a 5 it ain't a UK grey.

...John
Old 26 February 2004, 07:36 PM
Dougster
Scooby Regular

The Dark Side

They aint all bad.
Old 26 February 2004, 10:09 PM
JohnnyR6
Scooby Regular

Was it an evo 7 in kennedy cars?
Old 26 February 2004, 10:27 PM
keevster
Scooby Regular

if it was kennedy cars, and no service history, would not touch it with a barge pole. thing is, why the **** would someone buy a near 30 grand car and not keep history, its suicide. its far to much of a risk, when you get probs with the evo(mate has one), you have probs, big bucks.

my reckoning is that the car has been clocked. when someone clocks an expensive car they quickly loose the history, or make the history up.

stay clear mate, trust me.

Keevster
Old 26 February 2004, 11:21 PM
moses
BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

if u want buy a car from andy jvs, he will get u a good one and also look after u mate
Old 28 February 2004, 05:43 PM
JohnnyR6
Scooby Regular

That's what i was gonna say keevster, i've looked at a few cars there as i'm local to them and quite a few look rough. A m8 bought a year old vectra sri for 13.5k off them only to have a visit from the police when he tried to register it as it had been written off 3 times.
Old 01 March 2004, 01:01 PM
EleanorBhoy
Scooby Regular

Yes, it was in kennedy cars !! I viewed the car last week. It does look good, though the front bumper didnt appear to be fitted correctly & the pillar (passenger side) & the front wing had a gap between them that didnt look to clever.... im off to check the link THE DOUGSTER has supplied...

cheers guys !!!
Old 03 March 2004, 09:53 PM
Grovit
Scooby Regular

I live 5-10 mins from Kennedy cars and they are notorious gangsters. Sure they have a few nice cars strategically placed at the front of their forecourt but the stories I've heard are scary enough for me to window shop and nothing more.

Of course the stories may all be unfounded and totally false - however as they say - no smoke without fire !!
Old 03 March 2004, 11:56 PM
keevster
Scooby Regular

you will never know when a car has been clocked, believe me. take for instance a vectra, one plug into the centre section at the handbrake and you can have whatever miles you want. every car is the same, whether its the dash that comes out or its a plug in, its **** easy, 30 minute job and you've been conned. and that goes for every car, from top range BMW to a pissy fiat, it can be done. the only way to secure a legitimate deal is with full service history, DEALERSHIP, then you can check personally its full history. without this, dont buy, move on there are plenty out there.

Keevster
Old 04 March 2004, 11:10 PM
JohnnyR6
Scooby Regular

Grovit, they are not gangsters m8, they are business men. U from c.bridge then m8?