Notices

Help a South Yorkshire Scoob

Search this Thread

Old 17 January 2004, 11:15 PM
Owl28
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Hi Boys, I'm traveling up to Dunoon at the begining of Feb and wondered if there are any hot spots, cameras etc I need to look out for?

Thanks

Steve.
Old 18 January 2004, 09:46 AM
scunnered
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Just keep a good look out for them. They're springing up everywhere. Luckily though, they're quite easy to see with their bright dayglo colour scheme. It's the mobile camera's you really need to watch out for.
We just had five of the things appear recently in my area but my nephew (he's a policeman in Dunoon) told me none of them are active.
Old 18 January 2004, 05:48 PM
sti-spec-a
Scooby Regular

Safety camera van(White Transit with black perspex side windows) from the border up until Abington services (Dumfries and Galloway constabulary) Silver unmarked Merc C class,runs the length of the M74 Favourite trick for them is to sit up slip roads or sit on overhead bridges After Abington then theres no fixed cameras on the M74,its now Strathclyde constabulary,couple of unmarked cars 5 series BMW C class Merc Through Glasgow theres no fixed cameras on the M8 all the way to the the Gourock-Dunoon ferry,just keep your eyes peeled for the "unmarked" cars Thats if your taking the ferry the long road round is an absolute peach,up through the rest and be thankful

Cheers Grunt

Ps hows the lights lookin
Old 19 January 2004, 09:23 PM
Owl28
Scooby Regular

Thanks alot guys, that is very helpfull. Grunt, were going to use the ferry but would you recommend the longer way round? and the lights are looking sweet my friend, Thanks alot.

Steve
Old 24 January 2004, 08:07 PM
sti-spec-a
Scooby Regular

Do you run an import or a uk car If your an import then i can tell you where the Shell garages are on route Long road to Dunoon is an extra 100 miles but if theres snow lying best take the ferry If theres no snow then after Glasgow Airport at J30 of the M8 take the A82 signposted Crainlarich Go over the Erskine bridge stay in the left lane follow A82 through Dumbarton and up the side of Loch Lomond At the village of Tarbert,go straight on,onto the A83 Go through Arrocher,Ardgarten Forest up The Rest and be Thankful(Stop here for a very dramatic view and a quality,if a bit pricey,bacon roll) Carry on down the A83 there is a very long straight on the other side of the mountain CAREFUL 1.hot spot for the cops 2. your turning left on to the A815 Just follow the A815 all the way through Strachur and the Argyll forest into Dunoon ..................Enjoy

Cheers Grunt
Old 28 January 2004, 12:09 AM
Owl28
Scooby Regular

Grunt, You are a gent. I'm running a UK MY99 so not as much need for the Shell Garage although would be helpfull to know where they are. I have stocked up on octane booster incase I have to put in normal unleaded.

Thanks again

Steve.