Notices

sports car services- nr.dunfermline

Search this Thread

Old 09 January 2004, 05:19 AM
jono400
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone bought a scooby off this place ?? some nice cars in there at times !! anyone had any dealings with them ??
Old 11 January 2004, 10:31 AM
bazil2582
Scooby Regular

jono -

what u after mate? i can tell u where to go for it, NOT SPORTS CAR SERVICES

i live about 10 mins from them mate, been there many times and can tell u many stories which will put u right off.

oh - has anyone heard of a ACROPOLIS scooby?? they say they have one, only 100 ever made!!! i have never heard of it and cant find such a car!!!

Old 11 January 2004, 11:29 AM
Mako
Scooby Regular

m8 DON'T . have also had some serious horror stories.
If you want a uk turbo give me a shout.

Regards
Russ
Old 11 January 2004, 12:09 PM
bazil2582
Scooby Regular

mako - i wander if u have heard the same stories as me!!
i am mates with a guy who does work for the owner and he gets an insight shall we say!!!

jono - if u want a UK turbo mate, i know a few selling minted motors. if u want anything else - i am good mates with a couple of importers who will bring u over anything u want. they got my rx7 aswell.

sports car services, calder and mckays are 3 places i have visited, but also 3 places i have heard stories about ;(
Old 11 January 2004, 12:18 PM
evojkp
Scooby Regular

Not wanting to put a company down, as on here it can quickly degrade into a verbal running battle. I can only comment on my personal experience with them all of which is FACT.

Sales side is run with a "if you want it, buy it, if not, go away" attitude. Service side....mmmm, nuff said.

If you go ahead as I did, even after the salesman cheesed me off (I really wanted the car!), be prepared to be dropped like a hot turbo, as once the money has transferred, they will deny all knowledge of even talking to you, never mind selling you a car. I phoned about a dozen times after I got the car with various issues and was told at one point to stop phoning as they were no longer interested.

You will get the car you want with the expected level of sales and aftercare elsewhere.

This is based on my dealings with them pre-fire damaged premises, and it's safe to say I personally will never have any dealings with them again. Shocking Service.

There are various other stories floating around on the dealing of SCS, all of which are common knowledge around the 'scene'. One of which is the most shocking regarding as well-known Evo6 RS.

...John
Old 11 January 2004, 02:44 PM
jono400
Scooby Regular

Thanks guys have heard enough for now !! and thanks for the offers off help, will keep you`s all in mind come the time !!

thanks again,appreciatted,
john...
Old 11 January 2004, 02:50 PM
big eck
Scooby Newbie

I stay bout 30 mins drive from them and was lookin at a sti they had for sale, i've also heard that they once sold a stolen EVO, just speculation mind.
Old 11 January 2004, 07:08 PM
JohnnyR6
Scooby Regular

I've never bought a car from them but they made an exhaust for my audi which was ok and the steff are friendly. I'd never buy a car from them though i looked at a few of their cars and they are usually in poor condition. Also they seem to advertise a lot of cars but when you turn up they don't have it.
Old 11 January 2004, 10:23 PM
john banks
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
From their old place I ordered a new Impreza from them - Sonic Blue MY00 import, it was supposed to take a week. It was eventually "lost" after about 3 months and I got my few thousand pound deposit back.
Old 12 January 2004, 07:18 PM
sti-spec-a
Scooby Regular

What happened to the 22b they had?

Cheers Grunt
Old 12 January 2004, 10:02 PM
Damo STi
Scooby Regular

they sold it mate i was up last week trying to do a deal with him over the std 22b ones he has, ive also had two cars done by them and i wasnt happy with it or the price.
Old 12 January 2004, 10:31 PM
scotishscooby
Scooby Regular

Ive just had a full de-cat down pipe done by them. Very happy with zorst itself but the have moved it ever so slightly and it was rubbing on my spedo cable. Its now feked coz it melted!!!!! My spedo cable no longer turns thus makeing my spedo not work thus my engine light is on!!!! They sed they would call me back last wednesday!! Still waiting!!!
Any one with a spare spedo cable let me know plz.
Old 13 January 2004, 07:10 PM
Rourkey
Scooby Regular

Alrite Bazil
Just noticed what you were saying further up about the ACROPOLIS scooby that they are aparently selling, i thought it was a miss print as i have never heard of this one before, to be honest i dont think there are many dealer's this side of the border that stock car's that are mint examples, i have a friend that bought a 2 door version5 sti from a dealer in england which blew up and cost thousand's, turn's out it had been blown up previous and the bloke forgot to mention this, the block had even been over bored, nightmare ! He didnt see a penny because a lawyer said that scottish and english law's on trading are different and it would be too hard to persue in court, it's a tricky game you get a good yin and a bad yin, im just glad i was lucky THIS TIME !!
Think Jono should be very carefull indeed !!

[Edited by Rourkey - 1/13/2004 7:15:29 PM]