Notices

fao of john h as in t-uk

Search this Thread

Old 07 June 2003, 09:33 AM
moses
BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hi john need advice just been told u have kw suspension and i was looking into that and also bilstein pss9's pls any advice will be appreciated

cheers
Old 07 June 2003, 12:07 PM
coco_scooby
Scooby Regular

moses

i had kw on my civic type r ...its well good!!!
Old 07 June 2003, 12:20 PM
T-uk
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

hi moses,

I really like the KW's now for road use, it remains to be seen what they are like on track.

when I first fitted them I had an issue with the rear kicking out without warning, but this turned out to be the crap fulda tyres on the back, swapped them to the front with the good years on the rear and the car is transformed. the rear feels planted now with just enough understeer to give a nice warning at the front, for road use. I will have to wait and see what happens with same tyres all round.

the thing I really like about the KW's is that they feel really firm pushing the inner wing/boot lip, you would actually think too firm but out on the bumpiest of country roads, they do not bump and crash around like I expected, they just soak up the bumps, even the mid bend ones and give you confidence. alang came out for a run and pushing the inner wing thought they where firmer than his cusco's but within about 200metres said they where smoother, I purposely took him along the bumpiest road I know in the area, to highlight this and I think what really impressed him was the ability to answer the phone, keep the same pace and confidence to drive with one hand. the only time you really notice them on the firm side is driving through towns at low speed but it is still better than expected and hitting a country road makes up for this.

not sure about where the adjusters are on a evo kit but the rear rebound rate on the scoob is a seat out job, not a problem once they are set but an added pain if swapping between road settings and track. track work may also need stiffer springs but I doubt I will be on track this year to find out . a few planned wee mods, to turn you into my evo bitch(only aiming for 320bhp but this should see of your "all reek and no power mobile") , this and a house move have blown my track fun this year.

the only other thing which again might be a scoob/KW fitting thing, is that I wanted to fit HKS pillowball mounts but could not due to the depth of the HKS bearings,nut and top adjuster/piston design on the KW's. I have been told that heavier sti rubber items are available but I really wanted the alloy pillowballs all-round, to tighten things up on track but these are not needed in a road friendly set-up.

speak to alang, he has had more suspension set-ups than anyone I know of, also coco scooby and the chap (Foz I think) who bought his CTR could help as it had KW's too, set low rider style . I cannot really drop mine too much or it fouls the arch lips in hard use, without rolling or grinding the lip.

although they do not offer as much adjustment, have you considered a koni adjustable kit?, they will not offer the big drop but this will not let a road car handle well on the great british roads anyway. I think for about half the price they could be a good option.
Old 07 June 2003, 01:30 PM
moses
BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

cheers coco, that civic type r was really awesome at kh and cheers john awesome write up , i was at alans house yesterday and i asked him about the suspension, kw and bilstein and thats when he mentioned it to me that johns car was fecking awesome, he said u took him out last week at star and he loved your suspension setup so i thought might as well find out and go for the same ones mate, haha my your bitch maybe at kh coz i dont have experience their , how much did they cost and where did u get yours from mate, i think the evo ones are 1500 quid.

sounds awesome mate, your write up about them is awesome to read , i bet the suspension will be awesome too
Old 07 June 2003, 01:42 PM
T-uk
Scooby Regular

I think demon tweeks can do them and I have found them competitively priced lately.

I got mine direct as a sort of test unit for john banks(trade type deal) who did not want to fit them to his car, so I cannot really quote what I paid. lets just say if I had paid full price, I would have probably gone the koni kit route rather than taking a chance on them. now that I have them I would not swap them.
Old 07 June 2003, 01:48 PM
moses
BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

cheers john im gonna try to get them direct

Old 07 June 2003, 01:56 PM
T-uk
Scooby Regular

give it a go but it is much easier dealing with uk companies. all my instructions where in german and when I hit problems with the pillowballs I could not really turn anywhere. also if a unit failed(leaks or knocking as with other brands) it might be a problem.
Old 07 June 2003, 02:02 PM
moses
BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

yeah i understand ,i will speak to j banks next time i see him and ask him if he can get me a trade price
Old 07 June 2003, 06:38 PM
foz01
Scooby Regular

Talking

yep that was me at KH and the KW was amazing, expensive but good IMO

echo the comments about softer ride than expected, better than koni adjustables on my TT were!!
Old 07 June 2003, 07:48 PM
moses
BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

cheers foz who adjusted it for u , u sheep ******* and hows belinda rofl
Old 09 June 2003, 12:22 PM
foz01
Scooby Regular

Moses i am king of my own spanners

do it meself
Old 09 June 2003, 12:24 PM
moses
BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

u did cool so u can do mines pls pls i will leave belinda all to yourself if u do

Old 09 June 2003, 05:20 PM
foz01
Scooby Regular

Moses get it up to aberdeen and i will fit them for you, had the fronts of the CTR at the weekend suspecting a knackered driveshaft, turned out to be an engine mount
Old 09 June 2003, 06:52 PM
moses
BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

sorry to hear that buddy i hope its all sorted , so foz u know how to adjust it to suit me that will be cool mate cheers