Notices

How quick is Wuzs car????????

Search this Thread

Old 12 March 2003, 05:22 PM
Infinity
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

I have to agree Wuzs car is bloody quick........................at blowing hoses of the inlet manifold!

Went out for a blast in Wuzs motor this afternoon, heading down through altens, Wuz decides to give it a 'little' blast. Loud popping noise and the boost pressure dies. A cry of 'OH ****' was heard, shortly by 'I think this is going to be expensive' by Wuz himself. A quick investigation under the bonnet soon proved that it was nothing more than the hose to the inlet manifold had come off! (Too much boost? or should Wuz leave the DIY (destroy it yourself) to the pros? )

Go buy some decent stainless jubilee clips you tight git

Old 12 March 2003, 06:10 PM
teknopete
Scooby Regular

Had the exact same prob (inlet hose being blown off) many times
Best way 2 cure it IMHO was to fit 2 monsta wide clips 2 each end of the hose Was good at up2 26psi.

Pete
Old 12 March 2003, 07:26 PM
WUZ
Scooby Senior

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts
I can't believe that you are calling ME tight YOU thought it was the wastegate diaphram (Doom & Gloom lover)

Although they ARE Stainless Steel Jubilee clips - I will be uprating them soon(along with the soft APS FMIC hoses)

You never seemed to be complaining about the speed of the car as we sucked the paint of the MY02 STi Prodrive on the bypass Have you surgically removed the smile from your face yet? By the way, you owe me for the stain I now have to remove from the passenger seat

Russell
BHP Developments (co-founder)

ps after checking it out with the Blitz bung IN (TOOOOOO QUIET)
it looks like the resonance theory about the Knock Sensing from the LINK was right (36 instead of 120).

[Edited by WUZ - 3/12/2003 7:28:58 PM]
Old 12 March 2003, 07:32 PM
WUZ
Scooby Senior

Forgot to say that you need to edit your BASIC ENGLISH GRAMMER MISTAKES - AH, the educated youth of today, these people are our future

Russell
BHP Developments (panicking now as my co-founder has the vocabulary of an APE)
Old 12 March 2003, 08:46 PM
WUZ
Scooby Senior

Had to paste the following verbal S***E
"Vocabulary, punctuation and grammer have never been my strong points. Judging by your lack of observation on the previous post, you have failed to interpellate the information given. I never mentioned you car was lacking in terminal velocity, or was stating that your mode of transport could not accelerate with gusto. As for defecating on the adourning in automobile furniture, is purely a figemnt of your infantine imagination.
I am not all doom and gloom, all episodes leading upto the said incident pointed directly at the weakest link in the equation, thus being the dump valve diaphragm. If you had properly digested the afore given information, you would have noticed that I had relayed the relevant factual points, stating that it was a minor occurance and not a major malfunction. Which could only be determined after further investigation of the engine."

WTF!

You have (well, tried to) SH*GGED one to many students M8 - did Kirsten help you out with that or is there something else you feel she could help you with

Russell
BHP Developments

ps LUV U M8!
Old 12 March 2003, 08:56 PM
Infinity
Scooby Regular

Smile

Still trying to sh@g one student mate Russell, you know that. No Kirsten did not help me with that. I know what she could help me with, but I am sure you don't need the details, if not Kirsten there is always Caroline

ps LUV U M8!
and saying you are going to jump out naked in front of Miles, I am getting worried about you

Yeah I love you and Angie as brother and sister, nothing more, and I aint joining in
Old 12 March 2003, 08:57 PM
Infinity
Scooby Regular

Question

Thought you were at uni? or are you using the uni resources?
Old 12 March 2003, 11:48 PM
WUZ
Scooby Senior

Wink

Just using all the recources freely available

Russell
Old 16 March 2003, 12:19 PM
john banks
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Which hose came off? Nothing has come off mine yet at 26 PSI, and it has seen 28 PSI by accident Reaches out for Jubliee clips and scurries off to clip some more...
Old 16 March 2003, 06:31 PM
WUZ
Scooby Senior

The main APS inlet hose (silicon) onto the inlet manifold - Jubilee clip must of been a bit loose (a bit like my **** when it happened and pushed pedal to floor any.......0 boost)

Its alright now - apart from the fact that the STi clutch is slipping in 4th and 5th . NOW they tell me it is not rated for 325 ft/lb of torque

Russell (searching for a AP Organic clutch)

[Edited by WUZ - 3/16/2003 6:32:36 PM]
Old 03 December 2003, 08:20 PM
Infinity
Scooby Regular

Smile

Would please redirect your slanderous statements in the opposite direction Mr Hulme.

Vocabulary, punctuation and grammer have never been my strong points. Judging by your lack of observation on the previous post, you have failed to interpellate the information given. I never mentioned you car was lacking in terminal velocity, or was stating that your mode of transport could not accelerate with gusto. As for defecating on the adourning in automobile furniture, is purely a figemnt of your infantine imagination.
I am not all doom and gloom, all episodes leading upto the said incident pointed directly at the weakest link in the equation, thus being the dump valve diaphragm. If you had properly digested the afore given information, you would have noticed that I had relayed the relevant factual points, stating that it was a minor occurance and not a major malfunction. Which could only be determined after further investigation of the engine.

So next time matey get your fecking facts right

Is that more in line with the Queens English and obeying correct grammatical laws?

If it's not, shove it up your @rse

[Edited by Infinity - 3/12/2003 8:22:29 PM]