Notices

s and s services

Search this Thread

Old 12 March 2003, 07:53 PM
p1 tud
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanx for all the emails guys, seems im not alone here.
Old 12 March 2003, 08:19 PM
AlanG
Scooby Regular

Cost of servicing is dependant on what has to be done to the car, in *addition* to the recommended servicing schedule for the allotted mileage.

Although your car may be booked in for a *small* service, which i take to be an *oil change* service, there are a number of things which are looked at whilst the vehicle is there.

Should these checks highlight the need for further work to be done, then if they can be rectified on the day of the appointment, then they will be done, subject to owners permission to carry out the work, if this work will cause additional expense to the owner.

This also assumes that the garage service personnel have the time within that day to carry out any additional repairs / maintenance beyond their normal work allocation.

However, dependant on the additional work necessary, it may be necessary to re-book the vehicle in for rectification of the faults / maintenance required.

The other issue with regard to clutch symptoms, for a dealer to recify the issue, they have to see the fault themselves.

Could it be, when they had the car in their possession the fault did not occur?

For example, I had an issue some time back with a gearbox which would crunch when changing from 2nd to 3rd, but only after a *very* long run.
If i had left the vehicle at the garage, say overnight and they tried it in the morning, I could guarantee the fault would not happen and hence because no fault seen, how can they rectify or justify IM Group that a new gearbox was needed?

Because i took the vehicle down to the dealership with the car having covered several hundred miles that day, it allowed them to experience the fault first hand and convince IM group that the synchros in the box were faulty.

Just a thought

Alan
Old 12 March 2003, 08:23 PM
AlanG
Scooby Regular

i was met with the explanation about what was wrong
What was the explanation?

Alan
Old 12 March 2003, 08:25 PM
p1 tud
Scooby Regular

the car wasnt even driven until i arrived which was 530pm, they hadnt finished my service (small) at this time after having it booked in and was specifically told to have it there at that time, the test run was down to the end of the raod and back, all of about 25 yards, i estimate he would have changed gear twice at very most as i watched him do it from outside, now thats a joke! thanks for your comments mate, this is only my opinion im expressing and you are under no obligation to believe me or listen to what im saying.
Old 13 March 2003, 07:00 AM
p1 tud
Scooby Regular

surprisingly not alan, he also pressed te clutch down an amazing 3 times once he pulled up to speak to me, then told me what the prob was, when i phoned yesyerday to book it in he said he wouldnt be able to until he phoned subaru to find out what was wrong with the car????????. i just cant work them out. thats my rant over now cheers for the reply anyway.
Old 13 March 2003, 11:22 AM
AlanG
Scooby Regular

Mail me offline Steven, I have a suggestion....

Alan
Old 13 March 2003, 01:30 PM
GordonShek
Scooby Regular

P1 tud

Are you the one driving about in a steel grey 2 door reg J** SUB?

Cheers

Gordon Shek
Old 13 March 2003, 05:36 PM
p1 tud
Scooby Regular

nope not me gordon, i have a p1.
Old 13 March 2003, 05:47 PM
GordonShek
Scooby Regular

P1 tud

Who has then?

There's a guy who comes into Ayr every night rain, hail or shine from Prestwick Airport direction to Ayr shore. You can here him a mile away (mind you that applies to me as I've got the same system as his!)

Just though it was you as you've seen my mate's P1 (Kenny.C).

Cheers

Gordon Shek
Old 13 March 2003, 06:01 PM
p1 tud
Scooby Regular

could be andrewSTIV, thats the only other 2dr ive seen. is kenny c's p1 a w reg gordon?
Old 13 March 2003, 10:23 PM
GordonShek
Scooby Regular

P1 tud

Yes it is, just got it not long ago (2 or 3 months?). It has 18" anthracite wheels on it.

Gordon Shek
Old 15 March 2003, 03:28 AM
kenny.c
Scooby Regular

p1tud- I did reply to ur post on the "was that you" but for some odd reason it did not show my reply, but ur post did account for 1 reply which was moi.

I did'nt remember seeing any other P1's while I was down....unless you were in another car.

Hope you go back to s+s and get ur probs sorted.
Old 15 March 2003, 11:59 AM
p1 tud
Scooby Regular

i remember now kenny, thats right it did say one reply. nice car mate, i was in a focus that night. prob fixed yesterday by them.
Old 16 March 2003, 04:53 AM
kenny.c
Scooby Regular

P1tud- glad to hear you got you're problem sorted, sometimes garages need a push. Maybe the next time I'm in ayr, I'll bump into you. Take care m8.
Old 16 March 2003, 11:58 AM
GordonShek
Scooby Regular

Kenny

What were u doing at 5 O'Clock in the morning on Scoobynet? Don't you go to bed like some of us????????
Old 17 March 2003, 09:47 AM
alter_ego
Scooby Regular

Angry

ill now be using eaglesham for servicing etc
1) Make sure you get a quote first.
2) I'm sure the quote will put you off, but if it doesn't, when they 'phone you up and, "say such and such needs doing", tell them not to do it (unless you're sure it did need done).
3) Make it clear to the ******* that if they put a chemical cleaner on your wheels, you'll want a new set.
Old 18 March 2003, 01:52 AM
kenny.c
Scooby Regular

gordon- you better not get rid of ur P1 !!!!
Old 19 March 2003, 12:34 AM
GordonShek
Scooby Regular

Kenny

A student can only afford so much, unlike you and your 20 or so cars!!!!!!!! If i had the same amount of cars as you do, then I'd open up a car showroom!

Still, I know I'd regret it if I do decide to sell........but at the same time I don't want to end up living in my car!
Old 19 March 2003, 12:35 AM
GordonShek
Scooby Regular

And I've got a corner! too!

Old 03 November 2003, 06:09 PM
p1 tud
Scooby Regular

in one word PATHETIC took my car to them on friday and asked them to service it and fix my clicking clutch, dropped car off at 830am and went back after numerous phone calls at 530 pm and it still wasnt ready, when it was finally finished ( small service too ) they hadnt fixed my clutch at all, i was met with the explanation about what was wrong but no one had actually bothered to try and fix it. now today i took it out of the garage and noticed theve dented the wing, only a tiny dent but a dent all the same. i phoned up today and told them and there saying they dont know whats wrong with the car and theyll have to phone subaru and also they never dented it, to which my response was 'i have pics of my car from a few days ago' plus it never leaves the garage at all. no joy at all, he says hell have a look at it but thats all, whats he gonna do???? tell me yes sir your right its a dent! i f@@@ing know that. ill now be using eaglesham for servicing etc, oh and one more thing when i phoned for the price of my service i spoke to 2 different people and none of them could tell me what it was gonna cost or the price of a new battery. cmon s and s thats absolutely amateurish of you and to be honest they came across as unprofessional, now i know a hundred people will come on here and defend then well thats up to you, at the end of the day im putting my point across

steven.

Edited because of last sentence

[Edited by Redkop - 3/11/2003 8:45:08 PM]
Old 03 December 2003, 08:28 PM
AlanG
Scooby Regular

No problem at all Steven regards opinion, we're all entitled to our own after all.

Did the fault show up in that *test* drive?

Alan

[Edited by AlanG - 3/12/2003 8:29:06 PM]