Notices

Drive, Falkirk ???

Search this Thread

Old 28 January 2003, 11:11 PM
chrisyd
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

Has anybody found these guys to be as usless as i have found. Finally get a parts garage somewhere near and they turn out to be very disorganised. Ordered some centre caps for the wheels, tells me they will arrive in 5 days, 5 days later, no call, 7 days later i visit garage, no caps, no history of the order and nobody from the subaru department to talk to, only the rover guys.
what a pile of mince.

Old 30 January 2003, 02:46 PM
caz1562
Scooby Regular

Chris,

Get in touch with me.
Old 08 March 2003, 02:17 PM
paul68
Scooby Newbie

I would not recommend this garage after the treatment I received there yesterday.

Derek McRae was downright rude.

He almost put me right off ever buying my first Subaru.

Fortunately S&S in Ayr are a trillion times better.

Still maybe their servicing department is better ... not that I'll ever be back to find out.
Old 08 March 2003, 03:26 PM
chrisyd
Scooby Regular

Since this post is back up, drive did redeem themselves with much better service second time round but thier parts department keep very little in stock.
Old 08 March 2003, 05:54 PM
ed_209
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Drive.... more like stall.

Ordered a ign coil on wed ment to be in on fri, didn't turn up. was told in would prob be in sat. still waiting.. Sod them I hope that they have another buyer for it know.

Ed
Old 10 March 2003, 10:18 PM
PaulC555
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Yeah just bought a 98 turbo from s&s in ayr, long way to go but having had some nasty experiences in the past.. these guys were a breath of fresh air.... no hidden agendas... just good honest service... got a 12mth warranty, 12mth breakdown, full set sub mats... not many dealers offer that in a 2nd hand motor... top marks.....
Old 31 January 2004, 10:09 PM
sti-04!!
Scooby Senior

just ordered my sti from them, to be honest i dont think they r that clued up on the impreza !! salesman couldnt answer many questions but i did get a no bad deal, roll on 1st march 04

sti-04!!
Old 01 February 2004, 11:58 AM
PaulC555
Scooby Regular

Talking

My post above was originally put on scoobynet last feb....does anyone know how its managed to appear in this thread??? I didnt post it again!!!!!
still got the scoob mind you....still use S&S as well....
Old 01 February 2004, 01:06 PM
Dougster
Scooby Regular

Looks as if the search facility was used and it brought your old thread up.
Old 01 February 2004, 03:10 PM
blue turbo
Scooby Newbie

I have used Drive on a few occasions and have suffered nothing but disappointment and aggravation, including damage to my car.

Old 01 February 2004, 06:03 PM
keevster
Scooby Regular

I am glad i have read these posts. i've just recently purchased my MY04 WRX. its an import. i used halleys garage in milingavie for my first service. and to be fairly honest i was certainely not impressed with what i seen. firstly as some of the comments above they do not hold much subaru stock, on the two occassions that i visited to buy, mats, lock wheel nuts the service guy looked very confused to how he would go about this. hence i left the first time and got the mats at town,country, second time i had to wait three days for the wheel nuts.
the service side was not much better, i asked them about warranty issues on imports ect, and they did not seem to have much of a clue, dont think they have dealt with imports before. so for the kind of money i will be spending over the next few years i am looking for a dealership that is on top of there game, with all issues about subaru, so if a prob does arrive, i know i am going to be looked after. so i shall not be visiting halley's again. spoke to S,S in ayrshire and they seem pretty clued up. its a bit of a distance, but worth it for the peace of mind that your car is recieving the best.

Keevster
Old 01 February 2004, 11:43 PM
rickydiver
Scooby Regular

Red face

Drive are totally psh I've had nothing but crap service from them, also everyone I know who has thought about buying a car from them has thought that derek had been a total a**e hole driving flat out on the way from Camelon to the roundabout at the old rechem building one mate says he was doing over a ton and was scaring the sht out of him, needles to say he bought elsewhere! A friend who refuses to slag them off (god knows why) has just had his car back from them after crashing into a parked car and causing what was described as medium damage, It took drive 4 MONTHS to repair his car can you believe that !!!!!! He drove about in a micra instead of his 18month old wrx??????
I know use AF Noble and find them spot on so far.
Old 02 February 2004, 12:46 AM
evojkp
Scooby Regular

Angry

My one and only dealings with them was for an Sti8 they had in stock. Salesman was an arrogant tossa', even smoking a cigarette when talking to me. Unprofessional chancers.

Their attitude is more suited to one of those car supermarkets, where the punter HAS to go there. Not that trying to attract custom for potentially a £30K car.

Went back to Nobles and bought one there.

...John
Old 02 February 2004, 05:41 AM
Carl Davey
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

I ordered a few bits from the comfort of the KG control room ( John...) a few months ago. I was in no rush for the parts and 2 weeks later collected and claimed my SIDC discount. All the right bits 1st time too.