Notices

Good deal on a high pressure washer ? ? ?

Search this Thread

Old 13 January 2003, 11:37 AM
Jools
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Anyone know where I can get a good deal on a high pressure washer for domestic use in the ABZ area. I have been using a B&Q supplied Karcher 411A for the last 20 months, and had nothing but hassle with the pressure shuttle valve and now the hose to the gun has just burst [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] I thought they made the best kit

Young Keith has the same model, with the same problems too.

Jools

Old 13 January 2003, 11:51 AM
JohnS

Lightbulb

Makro used to sell the light blue "Kew" ones, though mostly the upper end of the model range. Haven't been there for a few months, so not sure if they still do. Costco might also be worth a look.

Halfords occasionally have some good "January Sale" deals on these as well.

I've had no problems with my Karscher one, and it's more than 2 years old. Only gets used about once per month though, if that.

John
Old 13 January 2003, 01:18 PM
skyenet
Scooby Regular

Jools

I also have a B&Q supplied 411 (used about twice a month) and had no problems with it. Do know of two people that have had split hoses though. Could it be frost? I actually bought the heavy duty extension hose because the supplied hose wasn't very long. To make it easy to access, I store the hose in a big figure of eight under the car in the garage. The 411 is already connected to water and electric, so just a matter of pulling the hose straight out of the garage.

Iain
Old 13 January 2003, 01:34 PM
GEORGEB
Scooby Regular

I sell them throug my business. The most common one is a 2300 psi unit with a rotary nozzle ie the nozzle spins and gives a circular pattern which takes off the grime better. I use one of these myself and we sell loads of them to haulage contractors , taxi firms , farmers etc etc.

We normally sell to trade at £95 but I am willing to give Scoobynetters the same deal.

Delivery to Aberdeen area is £10 extra
Old 13 January 2003, 02:07 PM
Jools
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Thanks for the help so far.

John; Arlene is over at Costco now and will price them up for me. Didn’t go for the high-pressure washer I may add, just the daily trip to a shop somewhere on the planet

Iain; Like you I just run out the hose and I am careful with regard to frost, after wrecking a complete machine with this many years ago We get the frost bad here and I always disconnect the hose and drain the line holding the gun high in the air with the trigger depressed on my slopping drive, allowing every drop of water to drain away. However, unlike you mine gets used about once a day….when I’m home which is half the year. Arlene allegedly uses it once a week when I’m away so maybe it’s not a domestic unit I need?

George; If you e-mail me info of line on make and model number, I’m sure we will be doing some business

Cheers,
Jools

[Edited by Jools - 1/13/2003 2:08:02 PM]
Old 13 January 2003, 02:18 PM
Rice Rocket..
Scooby Regular

Jools

My sister has a brand new one still boxed, a decent model if you are interested, I can get details if you are interested.

Ricey