Notices

Karting yesterday - how close was that!

Search this Thread

Old 24 November 2002, 08:45 AM
JohnS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Great fun at the karting yesterday. Couldn't believe who close it was at the finish, with the first 5 teams being on the same lap, and only a couple of seconds between 1st and 2nd place.

Was good fun driving on the damp surface at the very start of the race, though those driving later had the misfortune of an almost completely dry track, and two teams had their fastest lap times within two hundreths of a second of each other at 57.29 and 57.31 seconds, and most of the other teams getting down into the 58s.

I had forgotten how much fun it was and can't wait to go back again

John

PS Pete - sorry I missed you in the car park afterwards - got distracted on the way back to the car and was in auto-pilot mode. Only remembered about it sitting at the Forth Road Bridge, so I'll post some down to you.
Old 24 November 2002, 06:59 PM
Crush
Scooby Regular

Wink

So who actually won?
Old 24 November 2002, 07:16 PM
kart_man
Scooby Regular

Cool

Thanks again for organising a great event John.

Looking forward to the next one already...

Dave
Old 24 November 2002, 09:19 PM
WillieF
Scooby Regular

Talking

A really good afternoon out.

I don't think anyone can complain about driving standards which where very high all afternoon with no big pile ups or bad accidents.

Shame the rain didn't stay on

Old 24 November 2002, 11:09 PM
teknopete
Scooby Regular

Cool

A big thanks 2 John for organising another brilliant karting event and the staff at raceland for the execution. Was struggling a bit 2 get outta bed this morning 2 goto Crail due 2 the bruises aquired during the pileup at the bottom of the 1st straight on the 1st lap But 1nce the dry line appeared we was motoring.
Canna w8 4 the nxt un

John, no probs m8. Hey u probably passed me on the way back
Along with 100`s of others. Still running BR2 in an this 3000 RPM thing is gettin way up ma nose now

Pete (crail thrashers)
Old 25 November 2002, 10:11 AM
JohnS

Talking

Driving standards were indeed excellent, and I don't think I heard a single complaint about people nudging etc during the whole time Very few "offs" as well, apart from my own underneath the tyres at the fast right hander special

When will we do it again ? Up to everyone else. December is likely to be too early, and no-one will be available. Jan/Feb might be a bit cold/wet/snowy ?, so might suggest March/Arpil if that's not too far away ?

Pete - I think I passed quite a few cars on the way home. Only took me 1 hour 40 minutes, including stopping for fuel !!

The winners were Truffle Club, by about 2 seconds I believe. Can't remember who came second (Jammy Gits ?), but I think Tiv-tastic were third, with Cam Shafts 4th.

Our team came 6th, following some fantastic driving by Dave in the last session, taking us up from 10th place, following a 7 minute lap (no brakes, major off, new kart).

John
Old 25 November 2002, 05:34 PM
stage 1
Scooby Regular

damm rsoc were too busy getting our kart ready.....had the usual handling issues though

----- http://members.rennlist.com/unclebens/temp20_turbo.jpg