Notices

KH Today

Search this Thread

Old 09 August 2002, 10:22 PM
Dougster.
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chrisyd. Sorry we didn't manage to tie up for the run through.

We eventally got to the shell garage at 11.15 and met up with the others.

What you have experienced(at the hairpin?) is fuel surge. Common in scoobs on track at that particular point.

What were you in?

Dougster.

[Edited by Dougster. - 9/8/2002 10:22:50 PM]
Old 09 August 2002, 10:23 PM
Numptie
Scooby Regular

Talking

Pob (Alan) ! - I never kent it wiz you min !

Nice to see abdy

Croosh man - nae bother

Craig - I intended to ask you if you wanted a hurl but didn't see you when I had a free seat. Maybe on the 28th - or even better ... !

I was surprised so few on track - even after the session cost was cut !

Agree with Doug - the instructors drove like arseholes ! It didn't faze me but I imagine it could've put first timers off. [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

See y'all on the 28th or in the IoM

[Edited by Numptie - 9/8/2002 10:30:47 PM]
Old 09 August 2002, 11:28 PM
Scoty
Scooby Regular

Cool

Thanks mate

I would highly recommend a full decated Scoobysport system for your loverly car

[Edited by Scoty - 9/8/2002 11:28:48 PM]
Old 08 September 2002, 06:19 PM
Craig Mac21
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Hey Folks

Well was that fun or what!! First track day and defo not my last.

At least the rain stopped as did the Thunder and Lightning!!Which was quite spectacular i might add

Scoty cheers for the P laps

Does anyone know what mods had been carried out on the Town and County White STI Demo Car? Burning out 1st 2nd and 3rd??? Anyone?

Craig
Old 08 September 2002, 07:55 PM
SG
Scooby Regular

Cool

Well what a great day. The run down was a bit hairy with the rain but the weather turned out to be great. Few of the Inverurie lot had a great run back taking the senic route. Thanks to John Stewart for the passenger laps, what a way to see the performance of the STI 7 right on the limit. I wish I had those Brembos on my old MY00.
Old 08 September 2002, 09:29 PM
Robertio
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

It was a good day, especially once the weather brightened up a bit

Don't know what they had done to the white Sti, but it wasn't sounding right.

I'm in the process of putting up some photos on another thread:
Knockhill Photos
Old 08 September 2002, 09:36 PM
pob on the job
Scooby Regular

Good day out but could have been better on a personal level.
1) Was the culprit for the red flag on the first session out..how embarasing was that! My sincere appologies for any inconvenience caused. Thankfully, no real damage done apart from pride.
2) Just as things started to dry out with the slicks crying out to be fitted, blew an intercooler hose, which meant the end of the day for me.
Look forward to the next track day though, would be great meet some more of you lot.

Alan
Old 08 September 2002, 09:50 PM
The Crushinator
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Yeah, it was a good day.

A big shout to Numptie, Dougster, Scoty & JohnS for the passenger runs, well appreciated

I'm looking forward to the 28th now

I've gotta say tho' i was pretty apalled by the level of driving by some people out there, particularly by a certain woman driving a WRX[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] Although everybody on here seemed to drive pretty well, which was cool!

See yous at the next one!
Old 08 September 2002, 09:52 PM
Dougster.
Scooby Regular

Had a belter of a day completely totaling, one full set of pads, one disc and a set of tyres.

Car off the road until next weekend, but I would go back tomorrow if I could.

Also had some great fun doing the rallycross stage early on in the day!

What really disappointed me was the driving of the Town and County demo cars. Driven by KH instructors who thought that over taking on the right under a yellow flag was clever.

Many people experienced similar, however speaking to the marshalls proved futile.

I am aware that S.I.D.C.had no say in this event but this matter is not over.

Dug800.
Old 08 September 2002, 10:04 PM
Dougster.
Scooby Regular

Echo Crush's statments but must say that all the 'amateur' drivers were not the ones at fault.

Maybe for a little gardening, I admit, I was responsible.

Best pads advice needed ASAP!!!
Old 08 September 2002, 10:08 PM
Robertio
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Having not been at the drivers briefing I don't know if the drivers were told to expect the instructors driving the way they did; but either way I'm glad I wasn't on track (the westie doesn't have wing mirrors). On more than one occasion I was amazed that there was not contact as they would pass on the right, the left, through corners, under braking, there appeared to be no rules for them.
There was no doubt they knew the track, and that their lines were good, but the complete disregard they showed towards other track users defied belief.
Old 08 September 2002, 10:08 PM
chrisyd
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Well, first time oot for me, well wicked, tyres are now slick & scrubbed, brand new front discs have no grooves left, pads held up well though. Also got a nice big oil leak but it's the price paid for such a wicked buzz. got to laugh at kev in his P1, spun three times on his first outing, nice one kev, sure he thought he was driving a plough. Also thought that the KH drivers were out of order, right hand overtaking, we would have been done for that, one rule for us and another for them, anyway, smashin fun. see you all at the next one.

P.S. myself and a p1 experianced the rev limiter cutting in around 3500 in both second and third gears at a similar time after around 10 or so laps, any idea's, i'm sure i heard some other scoobs with the same thing. ?????.
Old 08 September 2002, 10:15 PM
chrisyd
Scooby Regular

Wink

forgot to say, my mate won the 150 quid subaru jacket in the shot game, not bad for 4 games worth of tries, only thing is he cant drive, never mind own a scoob.
Old 08 September 2002, 10:26 PM
Craig Mac21
Scooby Regular

Wink

Numptie

Fit een are you?

Am murder with names

Fit motor is yours min?

Craig
Old 08 September 2002, 10:26 PM
skyenet
Scooby Regular

Sorry I didn't make it along today but car was recovering from a grueling day at Crail yeterday and weather did not look too promising to take my young daughter in tow. Saw video of Kev comming off a few times. Look like he mucked up the track right on the racing line. John Stevenson would have been handing him a brush and telling him to get it swept up.

One of the SS-R guys was on today and thought it was great so have told him to try and get along to the 28th event. He is not online yet so JohnS could you please send me booking froms and I will pass them on to him, cheers. Looking forward to seeing you all again on the 28th.

I will not have the camcorder on the side of my car then though. The stress of life on the slipstream of an Elise on countless track days has led to the internal screw inside the camcorder fracturing. Didn't notice it straight away so have some unusual video around the Crail circuit as the camera went from side to side as I swept through the corners. Car and Camera fine though. Don't worry though, plan 2 is already being developed and should be ready for the 28th, rain or shine.

Iain
Old 08 September 2002, 10:34 PM
Craig Mac21
Scooby Regular

Question

Who owns the black wrx 2 door that was ripping it up big time ?

Craig
Old 08 September 2002, 10:38 PM
sasim
Used to work here!!

Another gr8 day at Knockhill, even trying as hard as I could to resist the track was beckoning me and eventually I gave in

Had some great laps, I think i'm really beginning to get a feel for the car and I really got a chance to try out the uprated/fixed suspension and brakes. Took a couple of guys out and frightened the sh*t out of them which was nice

Agree with dougster I got a real shock when the STI passed me under a yellow flag then weaved sharply in front of me and passed dougster on the right under a red flag.

Stuart
Old 08 September 2002, 10:44 PM
sasim
Used to work here!!

I think that was that WRK that passed someone on the right going round Clarke and went straight off the track, MUPPET

Stuart
Old 08 September 2002, 10:56 PM
Scooby Wannabe
Scooby Newbie

Yeah great day , and chris tell jamie hes a lucky C**nt hehe , i was lucky enuff to be in the P1 when he spun it one lap, was fun. Also to note the female in the WRX's driving was a bit "upfront" i went a passenger lap init and was shocked .... but she cant half drive that car , put a smile on my face and i thought it woulda been slow after a few in the P1
Old 08 September 2002, 11:12 PM
TylerD529
Scooby Regular

Cool

had a great day..........
never had the guts to take to the track though
now i know i need an exhaust after hearing your motors tearing up the straight off the hairpin. just a matter of time

keith
Old 08 September 2002, 11:13 PM
Scoty
Scooby Regular

Cool

Definatelly much more relaxed at a SIDC event. And much better organised.

At the drivers breifing, It was clearly stated that there were 2 passing places. The straight after the hair pin, and the back staight before the hair pin. As usual passing was to be done on the left. If a faster car aproached from behind, we were to work as a team and pull over to the right on one of the straights to let the faster car past. No passing on any corners or the mashalls would get involved.

The last time we done Knockhill with SIDC we all worked as a team, with respect and care being shown to other drivers while on track. The demonstrator car drivers clearly lacked this, and if it wasn't for the quick acting and good judgment by some of the other drivers on track, there could have been some very expensive insurance claims being sought.

On one of my laps, I came up on a slower car coming up to the corner before the back straight leading to the hairpin. So I slowed up behind him with the intention of passing him on the left after the corner. Only to have the new shape white sti charge up and cut into both of our lines and go in front. So I pass the slower car after the corner, and catch up with the white sti, who doesnt want to move over for me, so I think OK, I'll give him some of his own medicine and pass him on the right. What does he do, pull over to the right to block me from passing.
I thought that was very unprofessional to say the least.

Great to see everyone again All the usual suspects Thanks for the Dougnut John! Thanks Dougster for helping me out again with the track day wheels, and thanks to Mick for the taking my car up and back. Did I say thanks?

Scoty
Old 08 September 2002, 11:19 PM
TylerD529
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

your car sounded phenomenal scoty - seen you getting cut up at the hairpin too........... very nasty
Old 08 September 2002, 11:36 PM
TylerD529
Scooby Regular

Wink

i was going to stop you and say hello when you were heading onto the track around 4ish but don't think you'd have noticed cos your passenger seemed kinda distracted by my blonde companion . her names martine - she says hello and she thought your motor was "gorgeous"
like the sound of the scoobysport but not too keen on the single round exit but time may change my opinion.

keith
Old 08 September 2002, 11:44 PM
Scoty
Scooby Regular

Cool

What car you drivin Keith,

I'll look out for you next time were going to the same meet?
Is it a white wrx sti? Seen one today in our convoy up to KH with a lovely lookin lass in the passanger seat.
Is martine on here, if not could you tell her I said hello mate.

Scoty

Old 08 September 2002, 11:54 PM
TylerD529
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

wish it was an sti, just a dressed up wrx!!
was parked up beside dougster before he took to the track

we'll say hello next time
Old 09 September 2002, 12:20 AM
caz1562
Scooby Regular

From the side of the track it was very noticable that those instructors were out just to trash the cars with no respect whatsoever. I only seen around an hours worth of track time and from where I stood they were forcing people to get out the road at the bottom of Duffus dip and pass. I also witnessed a few passes before the chicane

Old 09 September 2002, 12:47 AM
The Crushinator
Scooby Regular

Angry

Yes, i was trying not to give away too much details, but seeing everyone else is then i may as well too

IMHO The woman in the green WRX is a danger to her passengers and to other drivers, and should not be allowed on the track, mainly due to overtaking moves on the chicane, on the right and anywhere there was a chance, apart from that, she was about 2 metres behind John when i was paxin with him, and this was only on the warming up lap at turns 2&3.[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

The driver of the white one, is just as bad. I witnessed some very aggresive moves from them at the hairpin, which could have easily ended in tears, again, passing on the inside and sliding out the turn.

The other one was just as bad, so there's no point in repeating the above

And again there's the racing under yellow flags, which is nothing but stupidity[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] what the hell are the flags there for? Duh!

IMHO, they should have all been black flagged very early on. They must have broken every track rule! and i will never share a track with such idiots![img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Crush!
Old 09 September 2002, 12:56 AM
Dougster.
Scooby Regular

Here here.

An apology on this board and to all others involved would be appropriate.

I took passengers out both last week at Kames and today. I was at no time out to prove a point or scare them but in the same instance, wasn't exactly hanging around.

What is KH's regulations on breaking the rules, or as it was their drivers, is it one rule for them and one for us?

Good way to teach people how to drive safely. I will not be recommending any of their courses to anyone!

Next.
Old 09 September 2002, 01:45 AM
robinH20MRV
Scooby Regular

Wink

hi all,

great day, sorry to all, i was on new tires and new brakes,
and therfore a "bit" sideways.......
and yes i did kill a wheel at the end through the esses,
dohhhhhhhhh

next time robin.
Old 09 September 2002, 08:30 AM
caz1562
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Crush,

Believe it or not but the "woman" you refer too was Sasha Peril, an ex Renault Clio racer from a few yrs ago. And I did witness the incident from Duffus viewing area when the green car was very aggressive.

Quick Reply: KH Today