Notices

FAO Boyner

Search this Thread

Old 09 August 2002, 08:11 AM
mike16v
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oi!! You stalking me or something?!?!?!

You drove past my folks house when I was cleaning my car last night... had to give up as it got too dark! Never got to wax the car... and it's pissing down today so won't get it done tonight either.

Ah well. Up for Crail on Sunday?
Old 09 August 2002, 09:15 AM
foz01
Scooby Regular

is the car was making assorted clunking noises and bouncing of the limiter then yeah was probably him

Prob not up for crail this w/e as stuff on sat night!

possibly nearer the end of th month though, you up for it?
Old 09 August 2002, 11:07 AM
mike16v
Scooby Regular

yeah, just heard through the grapevine that it was a CRAIL RACEWAY STREET CAR SHOOT OUT MAXPOWER STREETMACHINE REVS day... aparently there is to be a 1000bhp skyline and an F40 in action. Awards for fastest FWD/RWD/AWD cars on the day... tried crailraceway.co.uk but the news part isn't working. The scedule part said it was this Sunday...

Hundreds of the country's fastest cars will battle it out in a bid to scoop the coveted prize as Scotland's most powerful street car this Sunday (11/07/02) at Crail Raceway, Scotland's Drag Strip.

The best selling car magazine MAX POWER, which attracted over 5000 people to Crail earlier in the season, will be covering the ¼ mile Ultimate Scottish Streetcar event along with hotrod custom car magazine STREET MACHINE and magazines CLASSIC FORD and REVS.

Competing on the day will be one of Scotland's current ¼ mile stars, the Jun tuned 1000 BHP Skyline, which has previously pulled in a staggering 10.04 second time and retains the title for fastest 4 wheel drive up the strip.

Sunday will see the usual Thrash and static action with gates open from 9.30am till 5pm.

Spectators can expect to see a huge selection of cars ranging from the classic Ferrari F40 to American muscle cars and highly modified Japanese imports.

Prizes are sponsored by car accessories store Ripspeed Halfords and high performance air filter firm Pipercross.

Trophies will go to the most powerful front wheel drive, rear wheel drive and 4 wheel drive cars, as well as most powerful bike and winner overall.

Organiser, William Robertson, is confident that large numbers will turnout for this special event.
"This is the first year we have run this event and by the amount of interest we have received already we're expecting a record number of entries.
"It promises to be an exiting battle as some of the most powerful road cars, such as Ferrari's and Lambourghini's, go head to head against the might of the modified hot hatch."

Gates open 9.30am with racing starting at 10am. Don't miss our biggest and best event on Sunday 11th August 2002 at Crail Raceway - Scotland's Drag strip.

Rgds
Crail Raceway
Home of the Crail Thrash

Crail Airfield Promotions
Crail Airfield
Balcomie Road
Crail
Scotland

Tel: 01333 450 801 | Fax: 01333 451 122
Email: crailmail@crailraceway.co.uk
WWW: www.crailraceway.co.uk

Old 09 August 2002, 01:12 PM
foz01
Scooby Regular

try www.crailthrash.co.uk

Thing is with events such as that the ques are hyuuge- not that i would be competing in the 4x4 class LOL
the JUn skyline is impressive though- wonder what else will be there?
Old 09 August 2002, 02:02 PM
mike16v
Scooby Regular

Yeah, big queues... but I ain't taking mine on the strip this weekend anyway... need to wait for a quiet day for me to try that game!
Old 12 August 2002, 01:58 PM
Adam Kindness
Scooby Regular

yip ... ques were huge....

I managed 3 runs before i blew a tyre there goes 300 squid

Oi... boyner/lowell ... here a pic of me fisting my new dustin

Old 13 August 2002, 08:53 AM
mike16v
Scooby Regular

That's a fairly healthy girth you've got there mate!!