Notices

Engine build - recommend?

Search this Thread

Old 26 July 2019, 08:41 AM
KENTHOM2
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine build - recommend?

Hi guys, I am new on here and looking for some advice please. I came back to Scooby ownership after a few years away and made the fatal error of not regularly checking oil levels, result was a run big end bearing on my WRX Impreza MY10. Unforgivable I know, muppet - yes etc etc. Anyway can anyone recommend a good engine builder to strip, replace the crank and build it back up? Not looking to pay £5K for a motorsport spec rebuild, just standard road. Based east coast central belt but will travel, anyone you would use?
Old 26 July 2019, 08:46 AM
the shreksta
Scooby Regular

Received 495 Likes on 339 Posts

Originally Posted by KENTHOM2
Hi guys, I am new on here and looking for some advice please. I came back to Scooby ownership after a few years away and made the fatal error of not regularly checking oil levels, result was a run big end bearing on my WRX Impreza MY10. Unforgivable I know, muppet - yes etc etc. Anyway can anyone recommend a good engine builder to strip, replace the crank and build it back up? Not looking to pay £5K for a motorsport spec rebuild, just standard road. Based east coast central belt but will travel, anyone you would use?
Have a look at the packages thwaites offer, based in warwick and highly recommended

http://tdracing.co.uk/project/engine-rebuilds/
Old 26 July 2019, 12:38 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

Build cheap build twice, your going to want to have a forged piston build at least to remove the risk of it dropping a ring land. Also your not going to find out the exact extent of the damage untill its stripped.

i'd expect it to be well over 5k increasing depending on damage found.
Old 26 July 2019, 12:58 PM
Russell38
Scooby Regular

Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts

Paul Finch.. Finchmotorsport never heard a bad thing about him do it once do it properly
Old 26 July 2019, 01:29 PM
peter zippy reid
Scooby Regular

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by KENTHOM2
Hypertech or Steve Whitson
Old 26 July 2019, 09:08 PM
spindle121
Scooby Regular

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Paul Finch.. Finchmotorsport. ,,,,,,,