Notices
ScoobyShop / ScoobyNetPlus Discussions relating to ScoobyShop and the ScoobyNetPlus Membership
View Poll Results: Will you be renewing your plus membership when it has expired?
yes
52.50%
no
47.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

will you be renewing your plus membership?

Search this Thread

Old 23 June 2004, 03:22 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question will you be renewing your plus membership?

yes or no upon renewing plus membership?

Have moved from scoobynet plus forum due to no replies
Old 23 June 2004, 04:29 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!
Wink

TTT for the evening shift
Old 23 June 2004, 04:34 PM
MDBinaWagon
Scooby Regular

I won't bother.
I can't see any benefit from renewing and don't read anywhere near as many of the posts as I used to when I ordered my first Scooby almost 5 years ago.
Martin.
Old 23 June 2004, 07:34 PM
-=uk99=-
Scooby Regular

no def not
Old 23 June 2004, 07:35 PM
ScoobywagonGl
Scooby Regular

IMO i dont see the point, you can get access to almost everything you need, post in wanted and for sale so its just as easy not to pay
Old 23 June 2004, 11:01 PM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

Glad to see your all up for supporting this BBS! so what if you can post for free! is that the point??? What if Simon/shaun decided to close the BBS due to financial constraints what would you do then????

is 25 quid a year to much to ask ??????

What would you gain in a year by saving 25 quid??
Old 23 June 2004, 11:14 PM
ScoobywagonGl
Scooby Regular

I personally wouldn't gaing anything by paying the £25 a year thats why i dont pay it!
and if it came to it then yes i would support the bbs by paying it if i had to but while i dont then i wont! Simple!

Im sure there are others who would agree with me!
Old 24 June 2004, 10:00 AM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Wurzel
Glad to see your all up for supporting this BBS! so what if you can post for free! is that the point??? What if Simon/shaun decided to close the BBS due to financial constraints what would you do then????

is 25 quid a year to much to ask ??????

What would you gain in a year by saving 25 quid??
I'd gain £25 for a start Scoobynet is not the only BBS out there, and I'd say the majority of members aren't even Impreza owners. However, I appreciate what's trying to be done with the subscription. I have paid the first £25 subscription, but sadly, unless I need the discount from Scoobyshop, I shall not be renewing
Old 24 June 2004, 10:10 AM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Thanks goes out to the jobsworth who moved this thread.

Icing on the cake for my non renewal of plus status.
Old 24 June 2004, 01:58 PM
ScoobywagonGl
Scooby Regular

LOL V typical aint it
say no more
Old 24 June 2004, 06:32 PM
ex-webby
Orange Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Scoobynutta555,

I can only presume it was moved because it was relevant to this specific forum.

We are of course always looking at ways to increase the benefits to SNPLUS members all the time, but if anyone has any suggestions to what could be done (and these need to be realistic ones and not "A brand new Scooby" ) we would be very interested to seeing what the view would be.

As it stands, SNPLUS members receive......

A membership pack should they request one
Exclusive entry in to competitions as and when they are promoted
SNPLUS "Access All Areas" privledges on access and features on this BBS
Discount on purchases made through all vendors on ScoobyShop

Being a SNPLUS member also means you are Supporting this website to ensure it continues to grow and grow.

Without the support of SNPLUS members then I doubt Scoobynet would exist in the way that it does at present..... for that I thank each and every one of your for your present and continued support.

Regards,
Shaun.
Old 25 June 2004, 03:29 PM
markr1963
Scooby Regular

I could take the line that as I don't use don't use the subscriber forums or buy from ScoobyShop why should I stump up £25/year. Well, if everyone took that view then Shaun and Simon could not do what they do and ScoobyNet as a BBS would probably cease to be.

Why should I subsidise forums such as Muppets? Easy. Entertainment like that (backstabbing, being offensive notwithstanding ) for less than 50p a week? A bargain in my view.

So, come renewal I'll be paying up even if it's in AUD$

All IMHO

Mark
Old 26 June 2004, 06:19 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Shaun, I originally posted in here but received no replies. Hence why I reposted in scoobynet general where theres a much larger audience.

Usually when taking a poll one would need votes for and against, this cant be done if nobody reads it
Old 27 June 2004, 12:36 AM
dij
Scooby Regular

It would make sense if everyone had to pay to post on here,or if SN+ members where the only ones who could post in the classified section,and PM was only available to paying members.

As it is,there is no real point in being a + member.

Me as a scooby owner,dont mind the £25 coz its a just a drop in an ocean compared to the amount that gets blown on the scooby,and Im always on here.

PS mods,HTF do I get my membership pack?
Old 27 June 2004, 12:20 PM
ex-webby
Orange Club

Dij,

To receive a membership pack you have to request one through the on-line loggin of your address details. Please see you profile and allow 28 days for delivery.

Regards,
Shaun.
Old 04 July 2004, 08:07 AM
Soulgirl
Scooby Regular

Yes, I shall renew my membership. I did not buy it for what 'I' can receive but because I use the BBS for information that I find invaluable. It goes part way to ensure that the scooby-collective remains and the library stays intact.

I don't know the costs involved in running this large bandwidth guzzling fora but I should imagine it is pretty high. Perhaps if everyone were required to pay it might weed out those that never post anything valuable?
Old 07 July 2004, 12:57 PM
stiks
Scooby Regular

Yup,

I guess I have saved the £25 a few times over by relying on the knowledge from posters on here before parting with cash for scooby stuff.

Then there is the entertainment value......... some of which is priceless

Stiks
Old 07 July 2004, 04:51 PM
ian_sadler
Scooby Regular

I'm on my second year now
Old 08 July 2004, 09:42 AM
talizman
Scooby Regular

I just re-subscribed last week and I have saved my £25 fee already....

My lambda sensor went, and without the knowledge of the SN members, I'd have paid Subaru £113+VAT for a new one. Instead I got one for almost a third of that price with some technical advise on how to make it work.

Old 08 July 2004, 10:07 AM
dosenöffner
Scooby Regular

I just re-subscribed last week and I have saved my £25 fee already....

My lambda sensor went, and without the knowledge of the SN members, I'd have paid Subaru £113+VAT for a new one. Instead I got one for almost a third of that price with some technical advise on how to make it work.
What's that got to do with being a member or not though? Surely that advice would have been given to a non-member?
Old 08 July 2004, 10:22 AM
SirFozzalot
Scooby Regular

I will be.

It is true that the information can be gained without being a member, but for how long?

A site with this much traffic must cost quite a bit to operate and I think a small contribution will help to keep it up and running as well as it is now and still allow me to access the information I need and waste valuable work time on here

The amount of money I have saved, helpful information I have acquired and friends I have met through this site is definitley worth the membership fee to help the running of it in my opinion.
Old 08 July 2004, 10:37 AM
talizman
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dosenöffner
What's that got to do with being a member or not though? Surely that advice would have been given to a non-member?
SirFozzalot has beaten me to it, in replying to you!

I daresay that without the subscription funding that SN would probably be a shadow of its current self and the help on hand would be much less, so in fact the Plus members subscriptions are helping even non members!
Old 17 July 2004, 10:38 PM
adyhicut
Scooby Senior

Cool

Well i just renewed mine. Been a member standard member since '99, until snplus was introduced, and i will continue to support this BBS. Well done guys.

Each to their own and all that!
Old 17 July 2004, 11:06 PM
Stueyb
Scooby Regular

To be honest I dont know. What pisses me off is the fact that a *huge* percentage ofpeople break contravine the rules on some forums, for example posting cars for sale in general for sale etc when some of us pay for the privalige in the correct forum but a blind eye is turned. Id be interested in Shauns view on this because it devalues SN+ membership because some people are just too tight to pay and btw, my "savings" to date = £0 GBP.
Old 18 July 2004, 12:04 AM
Redkop
Scooby Regular

Stueyb - I think you will find that all For Sale items are moved from General and a blind eye is not turned. They may not be moved immediately, but certainly are, when noticed and this is why we ask users to use the Report Bad Post button and inform the Moderators of any such instances.
Old 18 July 2004, 12:19 AM
ScoobywagonGl
Scooby Regular

I think you need to open your eyes then RK as there are 6 cars for sale in general on the first page
Old 18 July 2004, 09:07 AM
Redkop
Scooby Regular

I think you misunderstood what I said Tams. I said 'when noticed' It is a physical impossibility for Moderators to read every single post, or be at their PC 24/7. That is why, ScoobyNet has a Report Bad Post button, as they will get dealt with sooner if reported. If users like yourself come across these posts, but choose not to report them and moan instead and do doesn't really help - does it? As you have obviously found these 6 cars for sale in General, perhaps you would kindly use the RBP button to try and help Moderators and ScoobyNet.

Edited to add... if you mean General as in main ScoobyNet General, they are not allowed, but if you mean General - For Sale - they are allowed

Last edited by Redkop; 18 July 2004 at 09:56 AM.
Old 18 July 2004, 09:30 AM
talizman
Scooby Regular

I didn't realise that cars were strictly not alowed in the "general section"???

The exclusive "cars only" section is a benefit to those who have paid their dues, and these people get to advertise in a much less active and less busy forum to post their cars for sale on. You don;t get many "bttt's" since it started!

Those who do not wish to pay for the privilege, can advertise in the much busier "general" forum, hence reducing their chances tenfold of selling their item.

If a ban is placed on advertising cars for sale in "general", then this is a bad move for 2 reasons......
1) The buying public will be denied access to potentially good buys due to red tape,
2) Those who have their adverts "banned" could possibly spit the dummy and boycot SN, which is detrimental to the forum as a whole.

Just my tuppenceworth.
Old 18 July 2004, 09:52 AM
Redkop
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by talizman
I didn't realise that cars were strictly not alowed in the "general section"???
They are allowed

If a ban is placed on advertising cars for sale in "general", then this is a bad move for 2 reasons......
1) The buying public will be denied access to potentially good buys due to red tape,
2) Those who have their adverts "banned" could possibly spit the dummy and boycot SN, which is detrimental to the forum as a whole.

Just my tuppenceworth.
Cars for sale will still remain in General - For Sale
Old 18 July 2004, 10:00 AM
talizman
Scooby Regular

Perhaps I misunderstood the posts above then Redkop?

It seems that you are encouraging folk to R.T.M. cars that appear in "for sale general"?

Quick Reply: will you be renewing your plus membership?