Notices
ScoobyShop / ScoobyNetPlus Discussions relating to ScoobyShop and the ScoobyNetPlus Membership

My membership pack arrived today

Search this Thread

Old 29 April 2003, 10:42 AM
AndyC_772
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

All,

My Scoobynet Plus membership pack arrived this morning (minus the keyring, of course).

Thanks to all at SN for your hard work, it's nice to see that it's finally paid off

Andy.
Old 29 April 2003, 12:39 PM
Phil
Track Day Organiser

So did mine

Small critism {VERY}

The Stickers arn't as good as Salsa Kings Scoobynet Ones
would it be possible to offer Salza Kings Versions in the shop even if they cost a little bit more?

Well done anyway

Phil
Old 29 April 2003, 01:11 PM
Ex_Pug
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Recieved mine this morning too. One thing though; The www.scoobynet... lettering, is this supposed to be applied to the outside of the window? It's just that I had the same sort of thing with the peugeot sport club, only it was designed to stick inside, and believing this to be the same, I peeled back a layer of the plastic to find that the letters weren't sticky that side.

Surely the letters won't last long stuck on the outside, tiny as they are?
Old 29 April 2003, 01:54 PM
Shaun
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
Phil,
Your comment is duley noted.

Ex_pug,
They stick on the outside. If they were to stick on the inside, what would happen about people with window tints?

As regards to the keyrings....
We are changing suppliers/manufacturers, because of the imense quality issues we have had so far. We now have to start the whole process again. We will get this sorted as soon as possible though.

Thanks for your patience

Regards,
Shaun.
Old 29 April 2003, 09:43 PM
Andy Tang
Scooby Regular

Well my tax disk sized sticker is on the front windscreen above my tax disk and the other sticker on the bottom of my number plate!

Both look very swish!

Cheers guys, I know how hard you've worked to make this happen!
Old 30 April 2003, 09:05 AM
ice man
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

My pack came through yesterday.
I like the membership card very cool
Old 30 April 2003, 09:39 AM
Shaun
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Thanks for the comments!
Old 01 May 2003, 08:09 AM
Tone Loc
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Yep got my pack too. I have to say that to have waited so many months i'm a little disappointed. As said above the stickers look very very cheap. Especially the www.scoobynet one. This was very difficult to apply as it wouldn't come away from the bloody backing. My www is now so wonky it's looks stupid. I've had many stickers vis Salsa King (some just as small) and they have been very easy to apply and looked far better quality . Also the stickers just say scoobynet.... wouldn't it have been a little better to say somewhere on the stickers scoobynet plus. Isn't that what it's about????

So it took how many months to get us a letter, two very cheap stickers (worth a £1 for the both?) and a membership card........

Tony.
Old 01 May 2003, 09:29 AM
Shaun
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Tony,

I am disheartend that you feel this way.

I can only apologise for the amount of time it has taken to ship the packs. The issue with the times has always been the production problems we have had with the keyrings. The packs (minus the keyrings) were ready to go months ago, but we wanted to ship the whole pack in one go. This proved to be not viable.

As regards to what you have got for your £25 membership fee, it was never and has never been the case that the fee was all about the membership pack. The amount of time it initially took to design the shop and sign vendors up was imense. This was one of the reasons for the immediate use of the membership, as many SNPLUS members have already saved their fee by purchases at the special prices that have been negotiated by ourselves on Scoobyshop. There have also been competitions throughout the past 12 months that have been SNPLUS exclusive, which have enabled lucky members to be part of things that have been priceless in some cases.

We have delivered (bar the keyring, which will follow asap) everything that we stipulated we would.

Regards,
Shaun.
Old 01 May 2003, 10:01 AM
Tone Loc
Scooby Regular

Shaun...

Im not saying that membership isn't worth £25, like you said this can be gained back from the discounts in the store ( i do think that the scoobyshop is an excellent idea). I also thought some of the competitions were excellent too. The thing that im not happy about is the quality of what we got and the wait. Due to the wait i was expecting something special.... the stickers we got are not that. Even compared to the ones i got with my SIDC membership they look very cheap. Plus they don't have anything relating them to the fact that we are Plus members (just advertising Scoobynet).

Tony .

P.S. Hope the keyring is worth the wait .
Old 01 May 2003, 10:43 AM
PSI3
Scooby Regular

Had my pack yesterday, no problems with stickers, to be honest i didn't join for a couple of stickers ( got enough of my own on the car ) but to get the discount benefits.

simon
Old 01 May 2003, 11:21 AM
ex-webby
Orange Club

Tone Loc

We are going to have the stickers re-made and accept your comments that they are not up to scratch. These will be sent out to replace the ones you have when we send the keyrings.

Please try to see the bigger picture though. As you have said, this is about the benefits you receive, and it is impossible to imagine the amount of time and effort that has gone in to this in order to bring this to you. Contrary to what you may think, scoobynet does not, and has never intended to make a financial killing on this. We could have done countless other things that would have earnt MUCH more money, for MUCH less effort, but we took all of the important things, such as putting the community first, in to account and came up with this, which is a benefit to everyone.

The small stickers DO take a little bit of care to stick on, but many people have managed it (including myself - and I'm a complete muppet when it comes to this kind of thing).

Take a look at the membership card. These are around the most expensive type of card you can have made. They are full credit card quality, with professional design and individual number printing on each one. We could have just made a cheap old thin plastic card like you would get with many membership schemes, but we wanted to do something special.

The keyrings are the same. We were simply not happy with them as they were not finished that well and just were not special enough. These are being replaced (at our expense) for even more expensive items in order to give you something special.

It's disheartening (although your point is valid) that you chose to focus purely on the stickers.

As I said, your comments are noted, and we WILL be replacing the stickers for a higher quality finish, but I truly hope you will be able to focus on something other than the very smallest and most insignificant part of your membership package.

All the best

Simon
Old 01 May 2003, 11:24 AM
ex-webby
Orange Club

PS.. also on the costs of the cards, they also have a licenced picture of a SWRT WRC car from Rally GB, where we could have just stuck a picture of any car on them.
Old 01 May 2003, 11:43 AM
Tone Loc
Scooby Regular

Simon.... i take your points. The stickers are the most insignificant bit of the membership but they are disappointing (which you have admitted) none the less. They make up part of a package and to get customer satisfaction then no matter how insignificant, each part should be given equal attention. They are also (apart from the card) the only physical thing we get with the membership. First impressions and all that.

Most people will have joined for the savings.... me too. I have to say that i have not benefitted from these discounts as items purchased thus far have been cheaper elsewhere E.g Samco hoses from Rally design, Castrol RS from Castrol classics, Millers Octane from Hyper SR, Pagid discs and pads from Friction w/shop. Maybe when im in a postion to buy a FMIC or clutch etc i may benefit. I do look at the shop regularly and maintain that it is a very good idea.... just need some of the 'big boys' to have slightly more competetive pricing.

The competitions you initially did were very good too but these seem to have dried up.... are there any in the pipeline? Prodive factory tour etc would be great .

I'll eagerly await the new stickers and keyring... hopefully the other members won't be so petty .

Tony.
Old 01 May 2003, 12:24 PM
AndyC_772
Scooby Regular

I'm just glad to have had SN available for the last few years since I bought my car. It's a great resource and worth the £25 Plus membership fee many time over, at least to me. That's why I joined.

Keep it up

A.
Old 03 May 2003, 10:44 AM
Ex_Pug
Scooby Regular

The membership cards are indeed excellent. I should have mentioned it in my first post, but I was traumatised after spoiling my sliver www.scoobynet.co.uk having taken the wrong 'backing' off.
Old 03 May 2003, 05:01 PM
NelsonUK
Scooby Regular

Received my membership pack this week - thanks to the SN team for their hard work in getting them out to us all. My brother is in the midst of setting up a forum for another manufacturer and the work involved is immense - god knows wot its like when you have thousands of members.

Anyway thanks again - stickers are in place and advertising a brilliant community

Cheers

Old 06 May 2003, 12:19 PM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

Unhappy

No sticker in my pack, and it was sent to my old address even though I informed you of the new one
Old 08 May 2003, 05:40 PM
Tone Loc
Scooby Regular

I think some of your are missing the point.... you say that scoobynet is worth the £25 fee many times over. But your not paying to keep scoobnet going..... scoobynet plus is seperate and the scoobynet bbs would keep going even if nobody joined the membership plus. What do you think the adds at the top of the page are for?????

To the people that said the stickers aren't what it's about.... what is it about then? I agree they are only a small part of it but what else is there apart from the merchandise and the scoobyshop (and the occasional competition)?

Tony.
Old 08 May 2003, 07:16 PM
ex-webby
Orange Club

Tone Loc

I think what people are saying is that the stickers are not what you paid the £25 for.

If I was offered a plastic card, a keyring and some stickers for £25, I would say "thank but no thanks".

If we hadn't have included stickers in the pack at all, you would not have been dissapointed with them (and it's important to note that the majority seem to actually be pleased with them, some very impressed - we all like different things), but they were thrown in as a little nice extra, not a reason for being a member.

In the feedback we've received so far, the majority have saved WAY in excess of their membership fee already simply from the ScoobyNetPlus discounts. This means that their membership has cost them nothing, in-fact it has given them money.

On top of that, they get some stickers and a keyring.

We obviously could not afford to send you £25 worth of products in the membership, it is just meant as a feel good, extra.

As we've said, the stickers are being revised. But we are struggling more now as the majority seem to like them. Perhaps you could be more specific about what you don't like about them?

All the best

Simon

PS. Thank you for all the nice replies. We're working harder than you could imagine at present on trying to make scoobynetplus membership even better and hope to have more news for you soon.

PPS. Work continues on the keyrings, I've seen an email chasing the supplier today, from shaun. Apologies for the delay.
Old 09 May 2003, 07:57 AM
Hong Kong Phooey
Scooby Regular

Re. the stickers.

The circular scoobynet one is fine.
The web address one would be fine, if it was easier to apply. With the one I received, when I peeled the clear and white backings apart I expected the lettering to stick to the clear part. They didn't, so I'll have to try to apply this sticker one letter at a time - any tips on getting it level?! (or could I get the 'improved' one?)
Old 09 May 2003, 09:34 PM
AndyC_772
Scooby Regular

But your not paying to keep scoobnet going..... scoobynet plus is seperate and the scoobynet bbs would keep going even if nobody joined the membership plus. What do you think the adds at the top of the page are for?????
I'm sure Simon will correct me if I'm wrong, but both are operated by ScoobyNet Ltd and are in no meaningful sense 'separate'. The money goes to the company, not just the ScoobyNet Plus 'club'. If the company goes under then the forum dies too - and I was willing to contribute my £25 to try and make sure that doesn't happen.

Heck, if Simon went and spent it all on beer then I wouldn't really care - it's not like he hasn't really earned it.

The ads are one source of revenue, of course - but there aren't too many companies around that can afford to turn down extra cash. Having all the money coming from the same source is a very risky business plan.
Old 12 May 2003, 01:54 PM
hawk
Scooby Regular

Angry

how come i havent received my pack yet
Old 12 May 2003, 03:33 PM
Shaun
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Hawk,

Have you got your membership number and I will find out what details we hold concerning your postal address.

Regards,
Shaun.

Old 13 May 2003, 12:40 PM
hawk
Scooby Regular

shaun

im afraid i dont have my membership number ill email you with my details
thanks
Old 28 May 2003, 11:27 PM
nuclear_pond
Scooby Regular

The point is that no matter how hard Simon and the moderators try, theres always going to be someone who has to have a moan and a whinge. Just shut up, they are just stickers. You already admited that the £25 is worth it for the other perks, stop stop moaning about the stickers. Everyione else had to wait too FFS.

Its a wonder simon hasnt bought a shotgun for whiners like you. I remember when scoobynet didnt need a @rsehole moning section (Scoobynet Policy).

Although as a not scoobynet plus member, I have no right to stick my oar in, so ignore me ha ha ha. Ive also had a few beers

[Edited by nuclear_pond - 5/28/2003 11:27:54 PM]
Old 29 May 2003, 10:11 PM
met
Scooby Regular

i'm sure this has indeeed been said before, ive posted my £25 of today & a sticker would be cool, the plus member sign on is a nice touch, & the keyring will also be good, but ive bought & sold so much on here, & met some top people through the scoobynet so what £25 worth every penny to have access to it. cheers & keep up the good work
Old 03 June 2003, 01:16 PM
Tone Loc
Scooby Regular

Nuclear..... how do you come to the conclusion that im a whiner, just from this post?? Would you like the chance to tell me to shut up to my face?????

I was just making a point, and at no time was i abusive unlike others. I could easily just blow sunshine up Simon's *** and tell him what a great job he's doing but im sure he would admit that he'd like to know the good points AND the bad points. Does me pointing out the stickers were not very good quality make me a moaning ****er.... considering Simon said he wasn't happy with them and would send out replacements he's obviously of the same opinion as me. I too remember scoobynet from way back..... probably longer ago than you Nuclear judging by the registered dates (then again i registered after a good few months of lurking so no real guide there) but i continue to enjoy the parts of scoobynet that interest me (the technical sections) and ignore the other bits that don't interest me (e.g Muppets). If moaners and whingers **** you off then stop moaning and whinging about the moaners and whingers and ignore it.... otherwise you'll be classed as a moaner and whinger.

Tony.
Old 03 June 2003, 05:47 PM
nuclear_pond
Scooby Regular

Very mature. My dads bigger than your dad. Ive been here longer than you. FFS. Pointing out your not happy is one thing, but you have gone on about it a little and had a pop about other aspects of the plus scheme. I dont care, I was just a little rattled by the tone of your posts.

Is this how you respond to everyone who disagrees with you, with lets have a fight about it. Grow up. I know now that

Old 04 June 2003, 07:56 AM
Tone Loc
Scooby Regular

Who said anything about fighting? I was making a point that people can be very bold and tell people to 'shut up FFS' and call them names on a BBS but would you do the same in person....just interested that's all. If so i will happily here your point of view at the NBO. Maybe you'll see that im not a whiner or whinger.... then again maybe you think im an ****.

As for going on about it.... it's only been 'gone on about' because people reply so i reply. The fact that we are talking about it now is contributing to that. I would have happily left it as was with just the one post for feed back to Simon. And as for the tone of posts... you come off as very aggressive towards me. Not sure why, i've obviously rattled your cage.

Tony.

P.s there's no way my dads bigger than anybody..... he's not the tallest of people.

Quick Reply: My membership pack arrived today