Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Subaru UK and IM reply to my concerns - News Flash!

Search this Thread

Old 02 May 2001, 12:27 AM
Jza
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well done mate!

I think your a bit unrealistic to NOT expect abuse from people - being the charmer that you are!!!!

So i take it a letter works? Thats really annoying - i bet the "say nope until really pushed" attitude has been applied here. For every 10 that ask, if 1 accepts defeat and pays themselves they are £ better off. $$$$$$ rules the world!!

Shows that the written word cannot be ignored. They have to reply and then the big wigs get involved and hence you get a result.

Seems that a letter can't be "forgoten" like a phone conversation so often can. Worth everyone remembering that!!

Well done.

Jza
Old 02 May 2001, 12:30 AM
sickboy
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Power to the people!

I recall mentioning how rude the warranty department were on the BBS a year or so ago.

Most people concluded that I must have had a bad attitude and it was my "fault" for buying a car in Europe!

I have several letters from Mr Swatman suggesting I must have "misinterpreted this rudenss"!! He also promised to look into various issues but fobbed me off.

I also wrote a letter to Fuji HI letting them know how disloyal IM were being to the Subaru brand (the guy in IM warranty told me that my car would brake down and then I'd be sorry!)

Unfortunately Ed happened to be in Japan when my letterarrived, and "was asked" to answer the letter on FHI's behalf. Fob-tastic! (B4 anyone mentions it, I did exhause all local channels b4 writing to IM and FHI).

Congratulations once again.
Old 02 May 2001, 12:32 AM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

[Fast bloke runs up behind Pete and kicks butt]

Pete, I don't mind kicking you when you are up as well. Does this mean you are going to give it a rest now?

p.s. I'm glad to hear you got it sorted. My local dealer re-applies this stuff as part of every service now

[This message has been edited by fast bloke (edited 02 May 2001).]
Old 02 May 2001, 12:45 AM
banshi
Scooby Regular

Wink

Nice one Mr Lewis, I shall ask for the appropriate belt or braces element of anti corrosion protection to be reapplied when (or should that be if) I take the car in to get the A/C fixed.

Just like being back at school, always let the big boys protect me and where necessary fight for me.

Cheers m8

Is your A/C looking a little dodgey?
Old 02 May 2001, 11:06 AM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Hi all

Mr. Ed Swatman CEO of Subaru UK has just responded to my letter and, as I said, I will keep you informed.

I am always willing to air both sides of a disagreement and this is Subaru UK's reponse (I took up time on here with MY opinions, its only fair that Subaru UK have their say through me)

Subaru UK apologise for the Warranty Departments attitude to my claim - it was never their intention to be rude and they are sorry that I got that impression. Accepted.

Subaru UK apply the underseal for the UK market as an ADDITIONAL coating, the car leaves the factory with a good anti-corrosion protection in any case - Subaru UK claim that they are probably guilty of a 'belts and braces' approach to this issue.

However, as Subaru UK judge that the enhanced rustproofing provided to the UK buyer is in the best interests of those customers, then they have a duty to support its full effectiveness. Accordingly, I can confirm that the remedial work required on the underseal on your Impreza IS covered by the warranty. Please go ahead and have the work carried out and we will reimburse your dealer.

Well, there we have it, it IS covered by warranty as I have claimed all along.

All those who ridiculed me for airing this subject can take comfort in the fact that they may now get a better deal overall because an injustice was highlighted to Subaru UK and dealt with correctly, in the end.

Thank you to all who saw my point of view and supported me through these posts and e-mails.

May the spineless whimps who took this opportunity to have a go at me go rot in their cocoons! (the jokes about it are great mind you!! )

Pete

[This message has been edited by pslewis (edited 02 May 2001).]
Old 02 May 2001, 11:10 AM
SCOSaltire
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Great news Pete

Heres hoping its all back on track (and B-Roads)

Old 02 May 2001, 11:12 AM
AWD
Scooby Regular

Cool

Pete

I'm glad that things worked out for you. Nothing like a little persistence.

I hope that this thread doesn't turn into a slagging match.
Old 02 May 2001, 11:13 AM
JBr
BANNED

Talking

great news pete

brilliant fight - too many on here roll over to get their bellies tickled

i am glad to have supported you in some small way

James
Old 02 May 2001, 11:15 AM
kelvin
Scooby Regular

yeah - great news.

A little more faith restored in Subaru UK

Kelvin
Old 02 May 2001, 11:16 AM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Talking

Cheers all

No need for a slagging match AWD?? No need at all!!

The spineless know who they are - we all do - they come out when someone is down - have a kick - then run back behind the wall of reason

Pete

Old 02 May 2001, 11:20 AM
robski
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

good result

I for one am relieved at this outcome

Well done subaru uk

robski
Old 02 May 2001, 02:36 PM
rapiddescent
Scooby Regular

sorry to be a bit slow; but I missed the original thread on this topic. I have a new wrx too - what should I be looking out for?

cheers for any help,
rapiddescent

my01 wrxsportswagon
Old 02 May 2001, 03:01 PM
mutant_matt
Scooby Regular

Question

Good result Pete - but I'm a little confused ...(easy some will say I know )

I thought your main beef with IM was your hesitation or surging issue (feature).

Am I mistaken or is this a seperate battle????

Matt
Old 02 May 2001, 03:13 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Talking

Thats OK fast bloke - you can kick me when I am up - if I give it a rest, what else is there to moan about?? I love Gold Wheels until 15th June ... MY BIRTHDAY ALL!!!

Jza - what charm?? (yes, I did get the point!)

Banshi - **** am I supposed to have a working A/C system as well??

Rapiddesent - look for some new headlamps! and a new front end!

Mutant_Matt - I have the hesitation 'feature' and feel very lucky indeed to be one of those so blessed! But, no I havent made that an issue, as I can drive around it and its not too bad anyway.

The refusal of IM to honour the warranty was the issue really - it just happened to be concerning my underseal on this occasion.

I must say it was a superbly worded letter from Mr Swatman - it restored 90% of my faith in Subaru UK - and it may, just may, make the Warranty Department look closely at anyones warranty claim before refusing it.

Maybe a glimpse to see who owns the car might be a wise move also?

Pete
Edited to say sorry too many smilies, perhaps?

Old 02 May 2001, 03:44 PM
KF
Scooby Regular

There is an art to complaining, and a letter to the top chap, notifying them that you will phone them to hear about the sucessful resolution, usually works. That way, they have the facts, can kick anyones **** and sort it out before you phone. The trick then is not to get fobbed off
Bitching on a BBS doesn't, it just upsets people.
Good news Pete - a result.
Old 02 May 2001, 07:04 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by KF:
<B>
Bitching on a BBS doesn't, it just upsets people.
[/quote]

I would beg to differ KF - unjustified comments excepted, the BBS is very, very powerful as a tool in achieving just results.

Imagine if someone says company A has kept my money and not sent the goods - how many potential customers would that alienate?? loads I would hazard a guess?

I would also think that someone, somewhere, to do with Subaru UK is taking note and reporting back! it would be in their interests to do so - its a free opinion poll to them isnt it?

The dealers also take a look I should guess - and they dont like to be spoken badly of - who does?

So, I would consider this a PERFECT place to air GENUINE difficulties!! it makes for interesting reading for some too - those who dont want to read it dont have to, do they?

Pete

Old 02 May 2001, 07:54 PM
spudgun
Scooby Regular

Wink

well done pete, noone can accuse you of being gutless.unlike some.
Old 02 May 2001, 11:45 PM
Chins
Scooby Regular

Red face

So Pete

When are you going to get that P1 with 18" gold wheels

I'm feeling that I am agreeing with you again, which is causing me concern. Still my mates a doctor so he might help.

You are right. Never underestimate the powers of the BBS. IM will read this as will other manufacturers of their relevant web sites. Reading a recent Audi BBS. They are having major bent alloy wheel problems (one letter from Audi states that over rough road the wheel will bend to prevent damage to the suspension!!!). Letters have been sent to Audi UK, and the MD replies and infact states they read the BBS and take note.

Jonathan
Old 03 May 2001, 09:14 AM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Talking

Careful Chins!!

Its VERY dangerous to agree with me!!

The P1? yes, if I wanted a 2 door I would consider it - but it is the same price as a 4 door Evo?? I genuinely think that if Subaru had marketed the P1 at £24,999 and equiped it out properly (decent sound, gave it 4 doors, etc.) It would have rightly sold its 1000 easy. The fact that some are still hanging about is a worry - the ex-demos are all in the dealers too

Gold Wheels?? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!! really, honestly, they look smart on a WHITE Impreza - a P1 deserves more than tack! IMHO of course!!

Imagine, if we, on this BBS decided to take up the case of anything that was not right with our cars - and spoke as one voice?? The power of that is amazing - we would not then be bending over to get shafted all the time would we? You could drop that bar of soap in the showers and pick it up without someone taking advantage of your weakness!!

I would suggest you see your mate, the Doc, you must be going gah gah if you are agreeing with me!!

Pete
Old 03 May 2001, 03:49 PM
rapiddescent
Scooby Regular

Talking

hehehe. but I can't see the front end from where I'm sitting!!! I just like to inflict pain on everyone else!!!

rd
Old 03 May 2001, 06:49 PM
Triggaaar
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by pslewis:
<B> I would also think that someone, somewhere, to do with Subaru UK is taking note and reporting back! [/quote]

Glad you've had it sorted Pete - now you can laugh at all those Grey imports with right on your side - but the fact that you have had a result suggest that Subaru UK are unaware of the stink you've been kicking up - otherwise they'd just laugh at you like the rest of us
Old 03 May 2001, 07:47 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Question

You will never learn Triggaaar - you are one of those who rolls over, I suspect?

Subaru UK wouldnt have played ball if they had read the stink I had kicked up?? what absolute bollox!! they were going to concede in any case, they knew that!! I offered them a way out prior to a summons dropping on their mat - luckily they have more sense than you seem to have?

Fact is, with a grey import I wouldnt have ANY chance in hell of getting ANYTHING at all!! the parts would take 6 months to arrive anyway add the fact that they are un-saleable - NO thanks

Pete