Sponsored by:

Fleet Show - Alexandra Palace

Search this Thread

Old 02 May 2001, 10:18 PM
Huge
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

For anyone who's in North London with an hour or so to kill, the Fleet Show's worth a look.

At Alexandra Palace, entry is free (just need to fill out a registration slip - with made-up details if you wish!), and there are a few items of interest to Scooby owners:

Subaru stand with new WRX, complete with salesman who thought he was letting me into a big secret with 'details' of the new UK300. When I mentioned casually that IM appeared to have been subject of some bad press he looked & acted as though I'd just thumped him on the nose ("Have we??"). If I'd been Mr Lewis - prior to his recent good news - I probably would have done.

Evo6 - police spec. Bloody insensitive if you ask me parking that at the show.

Best of all, on the Pirelli stand, a rally Scoob linked to a video screen & the chance to 'drive' on a virtual rally. I think the average granny slipping the clutch in her Nissan Micra would have outpaced me , but fewer accidents on the way round than an average Richard Burns outing

And for all of those members of the BBS who've decided the excitement of Scoob ownership is too much, a selection of other lesser marques (Jaguar, Mercedes....) on view.

If you do go & find it's cr*p, I didn't force you to go, OK????

Hugh