Sponsored by:

FMIC recirc Vv options

Search this Thread

Old 19 January 2014, 11:19 AM
4evernewbie
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FMIC recirc Vv options

Hi guys. Gonna be fitting a FMIC next month and I want to go back to a recirc Vv and I don't know which one would work with the pipework.
I fancy a Forge item as they seem to have a decent rep. but I feel like getting one which is designed for a V5 then getting an adaptor seems a little messy for me and was hoping there'd be a simpler/cleaner option.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Many thanks,
Paul.
Old 19 January 2014, 08:13 PM
mickywrx
Unmapped 12.4s @ 105

Location: Newcastle. 330bhp-289lb/ft @ 1bar boost - 12.4s @ 105mph
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I have a 99/00 OEM recirc fitted on my early car, with an FMIC.

Only way you can do it without an adaptor plate, would be to fit an earlier OEM item, or a recirc designed for another car, IMO.

Early classic recirc;

Ignore the red arrow. As you can see it fits inline, as it were.

Late classic recirc;

Obviously your pipework will differ to mine, inlet wise, having a later model car.
Old 19 January 2014, 08:20 PM
white noise
Scooby Regular

if you fancy an adaptor plate i make these and details can be found in the group buy section
thanks
Neil
Old 19 January 2014, 08:58 PM
mickywrx
Unmapped 12.4s @ 105

Originally Posted by white noise
if you fancy an adaptor plate i make these and details can be found in the group buy section
thanks
Neil
No offence intended, Neil, but, yours whilst I'm sure they are nicely made are stupid money to buy. Double the price Harvey was charging when he was alive.

To made mine my self, cost IRO £15/20. I had to buy all the materials and pay for the alloy welding, I also made new gasket to suit. If I can do that as a truck driver armed with a Dremmel, drill and a stanley knife, how come yours need to be so expensive?

Last edited by mickywrx; 20 January 2014 at 08:17 PM. Reason: Typo, made not make. :)
Old 19 January 2014, 10:03 PM
white noise
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mickywrx
No offence intended, Neil, but, yours whilst I'm sure they are nicely made are stupid money to buy. Double the price Harvey was charging when he was alive.

To make mine my self, cost IRO £15/20. I had to buy all the materials and pay for the alloy welding, I also made new gasket to suit. If I can do that as a truck driver armed with a Dremmel, drill and a stanley knife, how come yours need to be so expensive?

No offence taken matey , i welcome feedback and are thick skinned to take both sides of whats thought.
Firstly i commend you for doing yours with a dremmel etc and yes if people wanted to do that, i dont want to knock it
But.............some people are not as mechanical minded or want to make one for themselves,and i do not force anyone to buy one of my adaptors
plates
i think its pretty irrelevant what harvey (rip) charged for these, as that was a while ago and prices,postage,materials etc have all increased plus there are not that many places selling them
I make these for people that want them and up to now everyone is pleased with these and the price, and the other bits i make.
But i guess if i was charging "rediculous" money i wouldnt get a single inquiry or sale ?
Thankyou for the heads up matey and value your input
Old 20 January 2014, 08:25 PM
mickywrx
Unmapped 12.4s @ 105

Fair comment, Neil.

I would have bought one from you, but, as already mentioned I thought the price was excessive.

As you say, not many people produce them, it's a bit of a niche market I suppose. If people are willing to pay the price, then fair enough.