Old 07 January 2014, 01:55 PM
Nath_driftways
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BEWARE SCAMMER: SCOOBYFANATIC33

Came to me last night bought £385 worth of parts and paid £360 in fake notes
Il be going to the police with this as I've now lost out big time
Warning to others do not deal with him
And before anyone says it was pissing down with rain and I just wanted to get home and didn't realise till I just went to pay for something
Old 07 January 2014, 02:02 PM
Judley
Scooby Newbie

What a ****ty trick mate. How the plods catch up with him.
Old 07 January 2014, 02:09 PM
Nath_driftways
Scooby Regular

He gave me a address to post bits then wanted to come collect I thought it was because he thought he might have got scammed obviously it was to do me over
Old 07 January 2014, 02:16 PM
crazyspeedfreakz
Scooby Regular

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

Unreal the front of some people !!
Old 07 January 2014, 02:19 PM
Nath_driftways
Scooby Regular

Funny thing is he have me a name and address so if it's real he will be having the police at his door very soon, if not il be asking admin for his up address so the police can trace it
Old 07 January 2014, 02:22 PM
crazyspeedfreakz
Scooby Regular

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

Be very supprised if he has given u a real name and address! Unless the guy is a compleat donkey, I feel for you buddy this should be Warning to everyone
Old 07 January 2014, 02:24 PM
ScoobyNoob79
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Nath_driftways
Funny thing is he have me a name and address so if it's real he will be having the police at his door very soon, if not il be asking admin for his up address so the police can trace it
Also, how do you know the IP he used to login with is actually his IP?
Old 07 January 2014, 02:33 PM
mazmike
BANNED

had the same 200 for a set of wheels .misses took money to the bank to pay bills and 60 was fake .from now on i check all money with a machine people look funny at me .but it save any problems .machine only cost a tenner
Old 07 January 2014, 02:49 PM
imprezaworks
Scooby Regular

**** trick, hope you sort it.
Old 07 January 2014, 02:50 PM
Nath_driftways
Scooby Regular

He was using his mobile so not sure if they can get anything from that
Old 07 January 2014, 02:53 PM
imprezaworks
Scooby Regular

He's not been on here long either
Old 07 January 2014, 02:54 PM
MattyB1983
Scooby Regular

Received 46 Likes on 30 Posts

This chap...

https://www.scoobynet.com/member.php?u=135730

What a ****.
Old 07 January 2014, 02:59 PM
MattyB1983
Scooby Regular

In one of his threads he says he lives in Basingstoke. Is the address you have a Basingstoke one ??
Old 07 January 2014, 03:08 PM
stonejedi
Scooby Regular

Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts

The only thing is,it's to hard to prove as it's his word against yours I'll be surprised if the police even do anything about it this is one of those situations that has to be sorted out on the streets,if you get my drift.SJ.
Old 07 January 2014, 03:09 PM
Nath_driftways
Scooby Regular

Edited to save hassle

Last edited by Nath_driftways; 07 January 2014 at 03:25 PM.
Old 07 January 2014, 03:17 PM
MattyB1983
Scooby Regular

Have you searched the name on facebook ??
Old 07 January 2014, 03:23 PM
LuckyWelshchap
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by stonejedi
The only thing is,it's to hard to prove as it's his word against yours I'll be surprised if the police even do anything about it this is one of those situations that has to be sorted out on the streets,if you get my drift.SJ.
Not too sure about that, if the police get the 'right idea' put into their heads.

If it was an odd £60, as in the post about £200's worth of wheels fair enough but £360 in forged £20's ie. 100% forged notes, is not only too much of an unlucky coincidence but possible evidence of large scale forgery, something that the authorities take very seriously.

And there's a chance that he's part of a wider conspiracy. If the police etc. take that seriously I'm sure that a thorough investigation will follow.

Btw op, sorry to hear you've been and I hope he gets what he deserves.
Have you kept any of the notes?
If so, put them in a bag and seal it. DNA traces are a bu&&er to get rid of unless the evidence is totally destroyed.
Old 07 January 2014, 03:25 PM
Nath_driftways
Scooby Regular

Notes are in my pocket mate been to the bank they said they can't do anything I have to call the police
Old 07 January 2014, 03:45 PM
stonejedi
Scooby Regular

LWC you know how the law works,everyone is innocent until proven guilty,the only evidence that the OP has is a pocket full of moody money and his word of mouth that is nothing for the police to move on,what they will say is did you check the money when the transaction was made,how is he suppose to answer (it was raining and I was in a rush so NO!!!)it will never hold up in any court of law unless they knock on this Guys front door and he has a room full of bent notes or they can forensically connect the guys DNA with the notes,it's not going to happen,that's why I made my original statement,that it's one for the streets.SJ.
Old 07 January 2014, 03:54 PM
Nath_driftways
Scooby Regular

Police are dealing with this now spent half hour on the phone to the crime bureau and action fraud
They are taking it very seriously to my surprise they've booked a appointment with me to go see them and get this sorted
Old 07 January 2014, 04:02 PM
stonejedi
Scooby Regular

Police are dealing with this now spent half hour on the phone to the crime bureau and action fraud
They are taking it very seriously to my surprise they've booked a appointment with me to go see them and get this sorted
Let us know how you get on I wish you all the best mate,but unless this Guy is A honourable thief,they will never get one word of truth uttering out of his mouth.SJ.
Old 07 January 2014, 04:11 PM
sean999
Scooby Regular

I think you will find that even if this guys dna is linked to one or any number of he notes he has passed, for the offence to be complete it has to be proved that he has knowingly passed them as counterfeit notes and have the intention to deceive when doing so. jobs going nowhere otherwise. (unless as stated his address is found to be full of bent notes when cops visit him)
sorry to hear of your misfortune but it just shows how many people out there are out to shaft decent folk. in todays society it pays to check and double check.
Old 07 January 2014, 04:52 PM
LuckyWelshchap
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stonejedi
LWC you know how the law works,everyone is innocent until proven guilty,the only evidence that the OP has is a pocket full of moody money and his word of mouth that is nothing for the police to move on,what they will say is did you check the money when the transaction was made,how is he suppose to answer (it was raining and I was in a rush so NO!!!)it will never hold up in any court of law unless they knock on this Guys front door and he has a room full of bent notes or they can forensically connect the guys DNA with the notes,it's not going to happen,that's why I made my original statement,that it's one for the streets.SJ.
Originally Posted by sean999
I think you will find that even if this guys dna is linked to one or any number of he notes he has passed, for the offence to be complete it has to be proved that he has knowingly passed them as counterfeit notes and have the intention to deceive when doing so. jobs going nowhere otherwise. (unless as stated his address is found to be full of bent notes when cops visit him)
sorry to hear of your misfortune but it just shows how many people out there are out to shaft decent folk. in todays society it pays to check and double check.
It's the reason why I said about putting the right idea into the police's head.

In a 'normal' fake £20 situation I'd totally agree with both of you.

However, I've suggested a more radical approach ie. get it into the police's head(s) that this could be the very tip of a huge forgery operation.

Yes, the odd 1 or 2 happen and yes, very often it is an innocent victiim who finds they can't cash a note genuinely passed from another luckier victim.
But £360's worth of forged twenties ie. the entire amount of a transaction, cannot be anything other than calculated and mass forgery/fraud.

To be blunt the a$$hole is mad, and I'd say that if things do start to go further then whoever he got them from isn't going to be too pleased that he's opened them to risk.

In fairness you gents are keeping yours and the op's feet firmly on the ground. I certainly don't want to give the impression that a SN member is about to play a key part in helping the police detect and destroy a multi-million pound forgery ring.

However, if the op can at least maximise his chances of getting a thorough investigation, and therefore possibly his money back that's a good start.
Old 07 January 2014, 05:07 PM
Nath_driftways
Scooby Regular

I put the idea into there head and he even said that most likely being the way it's happened that he has got a record of numerous offences the same or similar I've found his car registration from a previous post also so that's getting past on
Also if the admin could get in contact with me about retrieving his up address from last night that would be great help as they would like it
Old 07 January 2014, 05:08 PM
the shreksta
Scooby Regular

Received 495 Likes on 339 Posts

would you take £100 for the notes
Old 07 January 2014, 05:10 PM
jayallen
Scooby Regular

I remember reading this thread he posted....https://www.scoobynet.com/general-te...do-i-keep.html

.......and at the same time I saw the green car advertised somewhere but for the life of me I can't remember where I saw it advertised...
Old 07 January 2014, 05:13 PM
LuckyWelshchap
Scooby Regular

I put the idea into there head and he even said that most likely being the way it's happened that he has got a record of numerous offences the same or similar I've found his car registration from a previous post also so that's getting past on
Also if the admin could get in contact with me about retrieving his up address from last night that would be great help as they would like it
I think admin is stu@internetbrands? (anyone?)
Drop a pm there, or any mod presumably.

At least it looks like he's going to get a (small?) bit of grief but as SJ, Sean999 and others have intimated, don't get your hopes right up yet.

But of course keep us all updated !
Old 07 January 2014, 05:16 PM
LuckyWelshchap
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jayallen
I remember reading this thread he posted....https://www.scoobynet.com/general-te...do-i-keep.html

.......and at the same time I saw the green car advertised somewhere but for the life of me I can't remember where I saw it advertised...
Bet he won't take cash for it.

Btw nice of him to provide a car reg - got it op ?
Old 07 January 2014, 05:25 PM
madscoob
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jayallen

if these photo's where done with a phone, does anyone know how to do that geo tagging thing whereby you can find out exactly where they where taken, maybe pass on to plod to do it
Old 07 January 2014, 05:46 PM
nikon-man
Scooby Regular

I have just saved those pics and there are no data in any way on them how ...when...they were taken etc

Quick Reply: BEWARE SCAMMER: SCOOBYFANATIC33