Search this Thread

Old 31 December 2013, 07:58 PM
GezP
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sparco quick release

Evening all

Has anyone had any experience with these:

Name:  79C248C1-28A0-4DB2-B051-EC053E1976CC-3256-000005F40EA2080A_zpsad5fc2e7.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  335.0 KB

How do you fit this? I only have 1 wire from my boss for the horn. I've tried all the combinations I can think of.

My other concern is, is it fake!!!! This was a Xmas present. It was from a power seller on eBay with great feedback. It didn't come with instructions and apparently there's a lot of fake ones going around in America

Any thoughts. Thanks

Gez
Old 31 December 2013, 08:14 PM
scooby1994
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

hi,ive got an nrg snap off boss,use it to stop the car getting nicked really,but you have to get used to the lndicaters being farther away and the wheel being closer to youre chest
Old 31 December 2013, 08:26 PM
Trinity
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sparco dont make those, so of course its a fake.

To be honest, the quality isnt bad, so long as you have the new designed one there shouldnt be much play in the bearings (the older units had terrible play), no idea about the wiring, surely you just need to connect one wire if you only have one wire?
Old 31 December 2013, 08:41 PM
GezP
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scooby1994
hi,ive got an nrg snap off boss,use it to stop the car getting nicked really,but you have to get used to the lndicaters being farther away and the wheel being closer to youre chest
It's to help me get in and out easier due to rollcage. The theft thing is a bonus but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't stop a hardcore car thief

Originally Posted by Trinity
Sparco dont make those, so of course its a fake.

To be honest, the quality isnt bad, so long as you have the new designed one there shouldnt be much play in the bearings (the older units had terrible play), no idea about the wiring, surely you just need to connect one wire if you only have one wire?
You're right, I was sure I've seen them in the US. Can't believe I've got a fake, hardly ever buy of eBay due to fakes

You're right about the quality though, does feel a solid piece of kit but there's no way it's going on my car if it's fake
Old 31 December 2013, 08:49 PM
stonejedi
Scooby Regular

Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts

He's right Gez they do make them but not that style of one those sparco QRB from eBay are FAKE.SJ.
Old 31 December 2013, 08:51 PM
stonejedi
Scooby Regular

.SJ.
Old 31 December 2013, 08:59 PM
GezP
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stonejedi
He's right Gez they do make them but not that style of one those sparco QRB from eBay are FAKE.SJ.
Yep. Soon as trinity said that I checked sparco's website and that's the only one that comes up

I'm gonna choose a real quick release now
Old 31 December 2013, 09:06 PM
leecalcars
Scooby Regular

$330 from rallysportdirect about £199 bargain and a solid piece of kit.
Old 31 December 2013, 09:06 PM
stonejedi
Scooby Regular

Just sell it back on the bay of E,I have a works bell one which I imported in from japan and my wife has a NRG one which is also very good quality would recommend both of those makes.SJ.
Old 31 December 2013, 09:15 PM
GezP
Scooby Regular

It was from my mum and she did a one-off transaction. She's emailed, hopefully get a reply by end off week. I wanna get a full refund. Her credit card should help if theyre difficult. eBay need to stop these. Seeing as sparco don't even make them it's clear they're fake. They need to stop gimps like me getting them.

Have u got links to yours and your wife's please?
Old 31 December 2013, 09:15 PM
Trinity
Scooby Regular

Surely the £30 price tag gave the game away? People who buy products on eBay such as this are aware they are fake because of the price , the seller will refund you quickly though if you get back in touch
Old 31 December 2013, 09:20 PM
GezP
Scooby Regular

Surely the £30 price tag gave the game away? People who buy products on eBay such as this are aware they are fake because of the price , the seller will refund you quickly though if you get back in touch
As I mentioned, it was a gift from my mum. She wouldn't know what sort of price they should be. That's why I queried it in the original post
Old 31 December 2013, 09:25 PM
Trinity
Scooby Regular

I'd just get in touch with the seller and get a refund, he/she won't argue as they are aware they are selling fakes and the occasional person gets caught off guard.
Old 31 December 2013, 09:27 PM
stonejedi
Scooby Regular

https://www.getnrg.com.SJ.
Old 31 December 2013, 09:35 PM
Trinity
Scooby Regular

Tbh, a friends had one of the newer designed ones fitted for months and had no problems. , does it's job, so really it's just the fact it has a brand name stamped in it which isn't the correct manufacturer..however it's not something simple like a turbo timer it's your actual steering which is pretty important.
Old 31 December 2013, 09:38 PM
Trinity
Scooby Regular

The NRG ones btw are exactly the same, I'd even be close to say the same factory. Ever wondered where japspeed get half of their Japspeed branded products from?
Old 31 December 2013, 09:41 PM
GezP
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stonejedi
Thanks mate

Tbh, a friends had one of the newer designed ones fitted for months and had no problems. , does it's job, so really it's just the fact it has a brand name stamped in it which isn't the correct manufacturer..however it's not something simple like a turbo timer it's your actual steering which is pretty important.
Yep, too important to risk. Tbh I don't like the idea of a fake, I'd prefer it to be just plain. Agreed, I'm sure the seller will refund no questions asked
Old 31 December 2013, 09:49 PM
Trinity
Scooby Regular

It's interesting how many people buy into new brands thinking they are better quality. Not talking about long standing ones like Sparco who are Motorsport tried and tested but these ones that crop up with a nice website, some jargon and photos with brand stamped products. As I used to live in Hong Kong and China , you would be amazed how many brands out there use the same products from the same factories in China but with their name stamped on it or in different packaging.

Good luck with the seller I'll doubt it'll be a problem to get your money back
Old 31 December 2013, 09:52 PM
GezP
Scooby Regular

It's interesting how many people buy into new brands thinking they are better quality. Not talking about long standing ones like Sparco who are Motorsport tried and tested but these ones that crop up with a nice website, some jargon and photos with brand stamped products. As I used to live in Hong Kong and China , you would be amazed how many brands out there use the same products from the same factories in China but with their name stamped on it or in different packaging.

Old 31 December 2013, 09:53 PM
stonejedi
Scooby Regular

Your right I brought a pair of nikes and it said made in china I had to laugh when I spoke to the manager he said most things nowadays are made in China but have American quality control yeah right.SJ,
Old 31 December 2013, 09:59 PM
GezP
Scooby Regular

Apple - it's only assembled in California. Every part is made in china. A few years back dell and apple monitors were made in the same factory. In certain monitors only the case was different but apple charged £200 more than dell
Old 31 December 2013, 10:11 PM
Hawkeye D
Scooby Regular

Received 136 Likes on 103 Posts

At least all our cars are built in Japan.

Honda - Swindon depending on model, and some Nissans still Sunderland?
Old 31 December 2013, 10:13 PM
GezP
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Hawkeye D
At least all our cars are built in Japan.

Honda - Swindon depending on model, and some Nissans still Sunderland?
Most of mine has been rebuilt in Bedfordshire mate
Old 31 December 2013, 10:28 PM
AWG
Scooby Regular

Gez have a look at Works Bell

Now get out the house and enjoy the celebrations you numpty
Old 31 December 2013, 10:32 PM
Trinity
Scooby Regular

Most people will buy a Japspeed intercooler, but very few will buy an Autobahn88 intercooler.

It makes me laugh sometimes it does
Old 31 December 2013, 10:41 PM
GezP
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by AWG
Gez have a look at Works Bell

Now get out the house and enjoy the celebrations you numpty
you try getting a babysitter me years eve. Had babysitters for the day so not so bad
Old 01 January 2014, 01:03 AM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Branded parts,you have at least assurance they will fit without the modifications,several months ago we've fitted unbranded exhaust and bloody hell its been messy system and wouldn't fit without the modifications(extensive)

Same as about the hoses,due this we are used only OE hoses like for radiator or cooling,because they are been proven and we never have issue with them

Yes we are used several times unbranded parts,but at the we are bought again branded parts and paid twice for same part

Due this I would stay clear from unbranded parts,yes FMIC from Japspeed has been probably best thing what we are bought as unbranded part,but still I wouldn't use this FMIC above 500bhp

Many parts are made in China mainly or Taiwan,mainly due if thsoe parts are made over here or US/Japan they will cost you two times more or three times more in best case

Just have look on parts from Cosworth/Carrillo and other,why they cost so much,because are proven and still made in US

Jura
Old 01 January 2014, 01:45 AM
JamesDundee
Scooby Regular

I've just fitted my driftworks quick release. It's an absolute belter bit of kit. Excellent quality. And I've used/removed cheaper QR bosses. And nearly drove me insane sorting the horn. I had a few rage walks between fitting sessions! Lol.
My answer isn't much help, but basically the driftworks kit comes with two earthing plates. Each has a tab for a spade connector. One ones between the steering wheel and the QR, the other ones between the QR and your hub.
Obviously use the same contact for the live at each stage.
"But my steering wheel only has one contact!" I hear you cry. It will have a triangular tab of wire out the top which is designed to earth against the steering wheel/hub. Job done. Without those tho I'd say some creative wiring is required. Not impossible. Just earth it at both ends.
Old 01 January 2014, 12:17 PM
GezP
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JamesDundee
I've just fitted my driftworks quick release. It's an absolute belter bit of kit. Excellent quality. And I've used/removed cheaper QR bosses. And nearly drove me insane sorting the horn. I had a few rage walks between fitting sessions! Lol.
My answer isn't much help, but basically the driftworks kit comes with two earthing plates. Each has a tab for a spade connector. One ones between the steering wheel and the QR, the other ones between the QR and your hub.
Obviously use the same contact for the live at each stage.
"But my steering wheel only has one contact!" I hear you cry. It will have a triangular tab of wire out the top which is designed to earth against the steering wheel/hub. Job done. Without those tho I'd say some creative wiring is required. Not impossible. Just earth it at both ends.
Thanks mate, nice bit of kit