Sponsored by:

New member looking to change from a 350z

Search this Thread

Old 31 December 2013, 09:23 AM
Leosille
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member looking to change from a 350z

Hello people, I'm Ryan from Surrey. I've owned a 350z for nearly 2 years and I've always wanted a car with a turbo and building a zed turbo was always going to cost big bucks so I thought it's time to change from n/a. It is for sale not sure if I can post an advert on here I will consider p/x also? I've been trying to do my research and not sure which model I should go for everyone has different opinions obviously, I know I want an STI but do I go for the 2.0 or the 2.5... not sure if people can give there advantages/disadvantages. I do want to modify, I want reliable power, but I also want something that eat up the competition... M3, 350z, S3 etc. Thanks Ryan
Old 31 December 2013, 09:32 AM
User 21721
Scooby Regular

If you want reliability and top end performance go for the 2.0, if you want low down torque then the 2.5 is suitable. However, the 2.5 are prone to have many failures including head gasket, pistons, etc so if you do choose a 2.5 make sure it is forged up to eliminate the chance of failure. If you want to beat those types of cars you will not need anymore than 400bhp tbh, 350 may even be enough.

*To get an STi type UK to 350hp the following things would be needed:
- Remap.
-Exhaust (decat or sports cat).
- Upgraded fuel pump.
-Panel filter.

The stock turbo, injectors, gearbox will handle this. The engines are good for over 400hp.

A JDM STi with the above will reach near 400hp because of the twinscroll design.

Subaru Collector 555.

Last edited by User 21721; 31 December 2013 at 09:37 AM.
Old 31 December 2013, 09:51 AM
Leosille
Scooby Newbie

So 400hp I'm looking at changing the turbo, new intercooler? Where in the southeast are you?
Old 31 December 2013, 10:11 AM
User 21721
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leosille
So 400hp I'm looking at changing the turbo, new intercooler? Where in the southeast are you?
For 400hp change the turbo & injectors but the standard intercooler should be fine. You may want to upgrade your oil pump to either a 11/12mm or a modified one, also an induction kit will probably be needed but better ones are those that sit in the arch with a cold air feed. Im in Kent but I'm no mechanic

I would say a JDM would be the ultimate package but there are more UK STis at a much lower price, and when you start tuning them the difference between isn't much to worry about.

Make sure the car has been looked after well (service history,etc) because when you run the car at that hp you don't want the engine to blow, but even JollyGreenMonster's STi couldn't blow up after 500hp. But don't take that as guidance on a standard engine, you definently want to go forge at that stage.

Subaru Collector 555.

Last edited by User 21721; 31 December 2013 at 10:28 AM.