Sponsored by:

Classic impreza WRX (uk model) will not crank

Search this Thread

Old 27 November 2013, 11:09 PM
K1ngdean
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Classic impreza WRX (uk model) will not crank

Hi, ive owned this impreza around 4 years let it stand for a while and battery went flat so tried jumping it of another car, no noise from starter etc the clicking noise, so jumped it of a main power jumper cable and the horn slightly chirped never happened before. and since then nothing what so ever no dash lights or anything apart from radio, i was told when i bought the car that the scorpion alarm had been totaly disconected so didn't think it was that, tried all the fuses and replaced each one under the hood to be sure, and still nothing so changed the starter then still nothing. So i had an idea to trace the wires from scorpion alarm but most go into steering collumn however one goes to the very side of drivers side dash board (possible earth) so i thaught id dissconect it and everything now works windows etc lights and a slight clicking on key posisition 3 but still no crank when key turned all the way any ideas please im totaly stuck and when i reconnect the earth on side of dash board all goes off again. So i think immobiliser has kicked in and people say about keypads etc which my alarm doesnt seem to have. All help is appreaxiated thanks