Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Want another STi.....but which one?

Search this Thread

Old 14 November 2013, 10:11 PM
Ver.4
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Want another STi.....but which one?

Hello scoobynetter's,

I have been a member on here for a few years now but due to other commitments, I have been away from the fast car game for a while....hoping it wont last much longer.

My last car was a version 5 STi Type R. Looking to try and get something a bit newer now.

I have a budget of around 9k maximum, what do you guys suggest the best car for the money is? It will be a weekend toy and I will keep it standard for a short while but I think I would like to tinker a little and make it a nice fast road car, dont think I will ever be taking it to a track.

I have kind of fallen for the blob eye wide track models and even the hawkeye STi, but what really takes my fancy is the JDM STi....but I fear that may be out of my budget

Any suggestions guys?
Old 14 November 2013, 10:15 PM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

Hawk JDM STi out of your range, but maybe a early blob JDM could be had for £9k??
Old 14 November 2013, 11:15 PM
Jdm-brad
Scooby Regular

I bought my Jdm blob a few months back for £8500 with 40k on the clock, great cars with a lot of potential
Old 15 November 2013, 12:46 PM
Ver.4
Scooby Regular

Thats reassuring to hear. Really like the look of the hawkeye's, how would a UK spec hawk STi compare to a JDM blob, in terms of fettling with it power wise/reliability etc? Am I right in thinking both of these models come with the DCCD equipped gearbox?
Old 15 November 2013, 01:35 PM
Jdm-brad
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Ver.4
Thats reassuring to hear. Really like the look of the hawkeye's, how would a UK spec hawk STi compare to a JDM blob, in terms of fettling with it power wise/reliability etc? Am I right in thinking both of these models come with the DCCD equipped gearbox?
Pretty sure all hawkeye's are 2.5 litre and I've heard there not very reliable over 350bhp might even be less (apparently they have chocolate pistons according to people on here)
The 2.0 Jdm blob engine however can run 450bhp - 500bhp at a push on standard internals
Old 15 November 2013, 03:39 PM
**jay**
Scooby Regular

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

A uk hawk is a 2.5 a jdm hawk is 2l would avoid the 2.5 if you want to tune it.
Old 16 November 2013, 03:42 PM
Ver.4
Scooby Regular

Yeah research tells me to follow that rule of thumb Jay .

I think I would like to tune slightly at some stage. All about finding whats within budget now. I have even considered getting a P1 and having some money spare to spend on the car. Surely the 200kg difference should allow the older cars to hold their own performance wise.