Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trackday go pro users, a question.

Search this Thread

Old 24 October 2013, 05:52 PM
imprezaworks
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trackday go pro users, a question.

In my last car (Clio) I mounted the go pro on the cage, my impreza is standard inside. Where/what do you guys use to mount it? I was going to suction cup it to the rear windows with a tether of some sort, the rear windows are tinted so you can't see in. I know a bit naughty, any ideas welcome chaps
Old 24 October 2013, 06:19 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

I have a helmet cam strap which I put over the passenger side headrest and gaffa taped it secure and mounted the go pro on that. Definitely no issues with people when I used it on the track.
Old 24 October 2013, 06:23 PM
scooblet
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

I have stuck one of the sticky pad mounts to my dash.
Old 24 October 2013, 07:01 PM
Fonzey
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought a spare dome light, and modified it with some tubing to basically make a roof mount. I replace the normal dome light (two screws) on the night before a track day. Voila!

POV:
Old 24 October 2013, 07:15 PM
imprezaworks
Scooby Regular

Cheers for the replies. Have thought about the sticky pad on dashboard but reckon the marshals at oilton might be a bit arsey, maybe. I'm sure I remember seeing I think on an evo a bar that runs from both rear doors with the go pro mounted in the middle, I might be mistaken though.
Old 24 October 2013, 08:14 PM
Donnie Brasco 46
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Whatever you do, make sure that you go faster than fonzey did!! If you go to a track day you might as give it some otherwise why bother...
Old 24 October 2013, 08:44 PM
Dan-
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Donnie Brasco 46
Whatever you do, make sure that you go faster than fonzey did!! If you go to a track day you might as give it some otherwise why bother...
Not necessarily, i do quite alot of track days about 2 a month and i took my subaru on one before i really got into it and for the whole day i was going easy as its my pride and joy, my only means of getting to work if the worst was to happen and i crashed or someone hit me etc etc i wouldnt have a car to get myself to and from work, theres also alot of things to think about on top such as wear on the car, stresses your putting it through

yeah if you have 8-10k spare you dont mind if you lost it your okay if smash your car up

trackdays are also for people to just get the experience of driving on a track, getting the feel

i have now purchased a clio track car and i push that as hard as i can, im not fussed if i smash that its only 2k max lost i still have my pride and joy sat at home and a way to get to and from work to make my living
Old 24 October 2013, 08:49 PM
imprezaworks
Scooby Regular

Are you going to oulton next month? Just with you saying you have a Clio and there's a few booked on. Completely agree ref taking it easy, although I do get a bit carried away on the day lol
Old 24 October 2013, 08:52 PM
Dan-
Scooby Regular

im currently thinking about it, either going to be the 9th, 16th or 30th what day are you going?
Old 24 October 2013, 09:05 PM
imprezaworks
Scooby Regular

The 16th mate, no places left now though . Quite I few off cliosport which I'm a member of. I'm sharing with a mate who's either taking his r26 or one of his many clios lol
Old 24 October 2013, 09:24 PM
Fonzey
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Donnie Brasco 46
Fair comment.

I had fun though, pushed the car harder than it looks on video but well within my comfort zone.

Six people sat in the pits with their head in their hands that day. Cadwell is unforgiving to say the least.
Old 24 October 2013, 10:26 PM
Donnie Brasco 46
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Fonzey
Fair comment.

I had fun though, pushed the car harder than it looks on video but well within my comfort zone.

Six people sat in the pits with their head in their hands that day. Cadwell is unforgiving to say the least.
Cadwell can be unforgiving but just looked like you were driving to the shops - didn't hear the tyres squeal once.. If it were me, I'd wanna give it some in the relative safety of a track ie good run off, no oncoming traffic etc. enjoy the (hall?) bends after the mountain.

I've done track days and yes I've spun and damaged my car I was using - but that's half the fun. If you make the effort to drive there and pay for the privilege you may as get your monies worth.
Old 24 October 2013, 10:27 PM
imprezaworks
Scooby Regular

Not sure I'd take mine there, like you say unforgiving. Car looks good and there's allways quick cars there making you look like your driving to the shops lol.