Sponsored by:

1st visit to site and very confused

Search this Thread

Old 24 October 2013, 12:54 AM
jeff50
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1st visit to site and very confused

okay its my 1st visit on site and its a very worrying site to be on?. 1st of all it seems this site just wants to slag other sites down etc. very strange thing to do if you rate this site.?. but my biggest concern having used many many such sites is this. This is the only such site i have visited where you give your date of birth?. no other site has asked for such details before. ?????. now if you think your details will remain secret then think again..Their is no reason why any1 should want to know this. this leaves your personal detail open to abuse. or could do.
If any of you have used such sites before then i gaurantee you havent been asked for your date of birth etc?. its a 1st for me i can tell you that and ive used them all. Can any1 answer this and why its required.?. bet you carnt lol.
Think about it why would such a site want your date of birth etc.??????
Old 24 October 2013, 12:56 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Welcome to Scoobynet, what a stupid first post
Old 24 October 2013, 12:57 AM
lordharding
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

General consensus is

It works out you will be tempted by a dumpvalve and fake roof vent if your under 25
And it's our Job to save you from Doom

Welcome to scoobynet
Get done photos up of your motor
Old 24 October 2013, 12:59 AM
lordharding
Scooby Regular

Also date of birth is linked to grammar and paragraph formations
Old 24 October 2013, 01:00 AM
bioforger
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Paranoia is an evil business.
Old 24 October 2013, 01:05 AM
Steve001
Scooby Regular

Just put your D.O.B as 24/10/1913 you never know, you might get a telegram off the moderators

Welcome BTW
Old 24 October 2013, 01:06 AM
jeff50
BANNED

Default stupid 1st post????????????????????????????????????

[QUOTE=pimmo2000;11244599]Welcome to Scoobynet, what a stupid first post [/QUOTE
Why would you find it a stupid 1st post?. I think its very concerning?. ive used near every site doing 1000s of deals yet never been asked for date of birth before?. You say stupid post but dont give a reason why?. Ican only asume you dont do alot of dealings on site.
But fair play if you find it stupid then maybe you know the reason why then??.maybe it would be a good idea to share it with us all then??. we listerning?
Old 24 October 2013, 01:13 AM
jeff50
BANNED

Default d.o.b

[QUOTE=lordharding;11244600]General consensus is

It works out you will be tempted by a dumpvalve and fake roof vent if your under 25
And it's our Job to save you from Doom

Welcome to scoobynet
Get done photos up of your motor[/QUOTE

What????how does a 15yr old say putting in any d.o.b. prove anything?. it certainly dont tell you anything?. hence you will never be asked such a question on any other site? but if you know 1 then share it with us. its deffo no proof of anything. but if you think it is then fair play.
Old 24 October 2013, 01:24 AM
jeff50
BANNED

To be honest it sounds a very iffy site to me to be fair. not the site itself but the personal details etc. its now very easy for me to get your details ie. your name and address via your ip. and now to top it off i have your date of birth also. Thats prob all i need to do any1 any damage if you get my drift??,
But seems strange a new member comes on asks a reasonable question only to be told its stupid?. After reading the above does it still sound stupid?., But stupid or not whats the reason for it then?. And how on earth does that prove anyones age?. So i have to be over 25 to buy a dump valve? get real??
Old 24 October 2013, 01:30 AM
jeff50
BANNED

Default lol

Originally Posted by bioforger
Paranoia is an evil business.
I think you will find stupidity worse?. But to be fair they do say 1 born every minute lol.That 1 every minute is certainly not me lol. I come on such sites to deal etc. not to give my personal details away. But thats what we call horses for courses etc.
Like i said 1 born every minute lol
Old 24 October 2013, 01:40 AM
1509joe
Scooby Regular

Received 278 Likes on 248 Posts

With your attitude I think you would be better trying to get your subscription back
Old 24 October 2013, 01:50 AM
Steve001
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 1509joe
With your attitude I think you would be better trying to get your subscription back
+1

sorry fella but not the best attitude
Old 24 October 2013, 01:53 AM
jeff50
BANNED

Just as i thought. no explanation for it?. But then again i didnt expect 1 lol. and on that i will rest my case. But most out their with abit of common sense will understand the point of the question. Those who dont have a clue about dealing buying selling or swapping on line wont have a clue to the point of the question. But those with a little and i mean just a little common sense will.Do i really need to say more on it?. Fact is your personal details are at risk to any1. GIVE ME 1 HOUR AND I CAN FIND YOUR NAME ADDRESS AND NOW YOUR DATE OF BIRTH?. You wont get that on any other site for that reason. We call it security if their is such a thing on line. But providing a d.o.b. only makes it easier for any such scammer etc.Ive seen it many times. Hence my concern and question..But to some who dont have a clue. this would seem stupid as you have seen by the replies.You will also notice not1 reasonable explanation as yet. Reason being their is none?, Just a little food for thought.
Old 24 October 2013, 02:02 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Scoobynet likes to wish you a happy birthday.

Good enough ?

Don't like it, don't join ..

Any chance a seasoned poster such as yourself could learn to spell, use grammar and ideally try and figure out this complicated "quote" function.

Old 24 October 2013, 02:07 AM
jeff50
BANNED

Default Attitude

Originally Posted by 1509joe
Attitude? sorry if you take it that way. no attitude meant. just putting users straight. I have no attitude as you call it with any1?.
Okay let me make it easier for those who dont have a clue. you gave a d.o.b yeah? Now log on..What happens?. You will get redirected yeah? redirected to where and what server?. Use other sites and you wont get redirected?. Its pretty easy when you get redirected your getting redirected to someones server?.
Its not a case of attitude its a case of security for myself and all members using the site..Why on earth would you think that attitude. Truth is members want a good site and security is part of a good site is it not?.
If their was reason for it then im sure it would have been answered rather than pointing at attitude?. What was the reason for that?. I ask 1 easy question about d.o.b. and im stupid and got a attitude?.REALLY?.
Okay lets keep it simple then and you tell me where our details get redirected to?Now that carnt be hard for a member can it?. I await your reply then.
Old 24 October 2013, 02:27 AM
jeff50
BANNED

Default very imature

Originally Posted by pimmo2000
Scoobynet likes to wish you a happy birthday.

Good enough ?

Don't like it, don't join ..

Any chance a seasoned poster such as yourself could learn to spell, use grammar and ideally try and figure out this complicated "quote" function.

WOW how imature is that?? My spelling now lol. okay i put my cards on the table then something others seem unable to do?
Okay i hold my hands up im a poor speller i have no shame in that nor does it detract from my point?. For your info if it helps i never had the pleasure of a education. You see i answer a question and dont evade it. But how imature to bring such a thing up?. Does it really matter if i can spell or not?. I get the point over and thats what its about not how its done or how good or bad my spelling is. yes im thick i dont deny that lol. But that dont make me no idiot i asure you of that.
I can explain myself now can the site do the same. ?. But lets cut the imaturity out its like talking to a child or some1 that dont have a clue. BUT YES TO ALL THOSE IT MAY CONCERN MY SPELLING AINT TO GOOD. I CAN ONLY APOLOGISE FOR THAT. BUT THAT DONT MEAN IM NOT GENUINE?? OR DOES IT? TO SOME ONE WOULD THINK SO? Now because i carnt spell that makes my point invalid. If your going to talk on it then at least talk straight instead of evading it?.
Old 24 October 2013, 02:50 AM
riiidaa
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jeff50
i carnt spell
can't
Old 24 October 2013, 03:02 AM
jeff50
BANNED

DONT LIKE IT DONT JOIN?????
Thats good advice.very good advice and i take it on board lol..
Okay once again i put my cards on the table for those who need to know oh and forgive my spelling and grammer as i know it upsets some. why i dont know, but their you go,
I came on site for the 1st time today looking for a good site.As a man who moves 100s of cars in fact 1000s even though i carnt spell lol. Now a good site to me is not the fancy frills etc but how it works and on the response to ads you get.Hence im only looking for good sites and those that really work..ive used many.But also to me a good site is 1 you can trust and be secure on.(think we would all agree on that would we not)
Not only am i looking for a good site but also a site i can recommend to many others add input to and make grow. Im not looking for a short term site. i want a respected secure good site.So was very concerned that i had to give my d.o.b? then to be redirected to another server not conected to the site. Now who wouldnt question that. ?. (A fool you may say) and i would have to agree.
Im not here to bring a site down but to add in a possative way, but before i can do that i have to know its a good safe site. I carnt recommend any site if it dont tick them boxes?
nor will i use such a site to be fair. (I can list many such sites that tick them boxes)Hence wanted to know if this site could offer the same..But you can see the replies to my genuine concerns about the site..I dont do this on my own behalf but for all members using the site.
But then again i am stupid got attitude and carnt spell lol.does that worry any of you? it certainly wouldnt worry me nor would i judge some1 on that basis. Not 1 constructive word about the original question. I wont be undermined just because im new and carnt spell?. I asure the member who mentioned it, as feeble as it is. That their are many things i can do that you couldnt. but does that make me a bigger man? i think not..a better man then?, again i think not. So what was the point in it?. Only 1 reason as wqe know to undermine me..And yes it worked well lol.
Old 24 October 2013, 03:15 AM
jeff50
BANNED

Default thanks

Originally Posted by riiidaa
can't
Thanks for that apriciated. i will try now. but dont see much wrong with carnt?
lol now i can now ive just wrote it lol. ive done it like that for so long. never realised lol. cant. soz but near blind. i carnt find that little dash. i will try again till i get it right. cant. no sorry i carnt find it. but i will use cant now. no even that dont look right.lol think ive found it '? can't? nice1 now i wont feel such a fool. i apriciate that. thanks.
Old 24 October 2013, 03:26 AM
Shaggy1991
Scooby Regular

You're right, this isn't a Subaru forum, it was set up to fraudulently take your details and use them to sell fake dump valves, roof vents and sticker kits on eBay... with no intention of ever sending them.
Old 24 October 2013, 03:34 AM
jeff50
BANNED

To be fair im liking this site. as i said earlier i like a site that gets response and i certainly got that. I also respect any member who defends the site he or she uses. so i carnt fault that in anyway in fact i would expect it. I to would do the same.
Im not sure its my site reason being i move many motors, no im not a dealer lol. i just win my motors and punt them out on site hence i do so many but im not a car trader as such although i move more motors than a trader. but i trade and deal in everything ie cars vans boats statics property gold antiques electricals tools etc etc.I buy sell swap or p/x etc.But to be honest it would have to be a good site to compare with the site i reg use.
This is a great site for scoobie lovers and im 1 of them, but not sure its me as my motors are not scoobies as a rule although i do get my fair share of them..Has other members used it for multi deals and whats it like. for instance if i was to list say a merc ?
Old 24 October 2013, 03:46 AM
jeff50
BANNED

Default lol

Originally Posted by Shaggy1991
You're right, this isn't a Subaru forum, it was set up to fraudulently take your details and use them to sell fake dump valves, roof vents and sticker kits on eBay... with no intention of ever sending them.
lol is that the best you can do shaggy? its not the site you have to worry about m8?. its the server it all goes to?. like i said earlier its horses for courses. put it this way shaggy if i was inclined and im not lol. if you used your real d.o.b i could put you in debt within 48hrs to the tune of 20k and let you sort it out how it was done or how some1 got your details lol.The site itself can be as safe as houses but if your details are being redirected thats another thing is it not? or are you not privvy to how it works?. But tell us why it was set up then? more so when no other site requires it and you also wont be redirected off site on other sites?.WHAT AND WHOS SERVER ARE WE USING THEN? YOU TELL ME BECAUSE I DONT HAVE A CLUE.
Old 24 October 2013, 05:17 AM
Shaggy1991
Scooby Regular

01/03/1991... good luck
Old 24 October 2013, 05:49 AM
jeff50
BANNED

Thank you it seems i will need it lol.. i was only looking for a good safe site lol.
But ask a silly question and get a silly reply i supose lol.
As a outsider it seems very strange, thats all im saying.Like i say i have never come across it before. and i use most sites. Shame because it looks like the site has potential. but its no good to members if its unsecure. and that was my point..some will understand some wont thats life, you always get 1 village idiot lol. ie fake dump valves etc...Same member will be in next month crying, saying hes been scammed lol.ive seen it many times with unsecure servers.
they clever now in getting details in such ways.,you can only lead a horse to water so to speak..The replies i got on such a issue says it all really, doesnt do the site any favours whatsoever..in fact the complete reverse.I would have expected them to talk well of the site rather than bring it down to that level, but im sure you understand what i mean..but they do say it takes all sorts i supose.
Truth with me is this. if i carnt talk possative about the site i use i would rather not use it if you get my drift.
But i also wish you luck aswell m8. but truth is in real life you need a little more than just luck lol..you need to be on your toes. more so on line.some understand this some dont. the ones who dont tend to be the ones who come crying theyve been had over..(is it any wonder?).Im just pointing it out for those members who dont wish to get scammed on site.Then that choice is down to themselves. hence i say you can only lead the horse to water......

Last edited by jeff50; 24 October 2013 at 05:56 AM. Reason: mistakes
Old 24 October 2013, 06:23 AM
stuart148
Scooby Regular

lead your self to the water , stick your head in it and give it a shake

or get a grip and enjoy the site as we all do and have for years

stu ;-)

ps , and welcome to the best car site ever
Old 24 October 2013, 06:32 AM
tubbytommy
BANNED

oh great another **** has joined...................
Old 24 October 2013, 06:57 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by tubbytommy
oh great another **** has joined...................
Or is it one we already know?
Old 24 October 2013, 07:06 AM
CharlySkunkWeed
Scooby Regular

Received 70 Likes on 48 Posts

Normally it takes a while for members to have a breakdown on here , but this must be a record or a wind-up.

-Jeff , don't worry about it , just dont put your real D.O.B if you fear anything untoward will come of it.

Last edited by CharlySkunkWeed; 24 October 2013 at 07:08 AM.
Old 24 October 2013, 07:07 AM
LeeRoyV
Scooby Regular

Well several of the forums I frequent also ask for dob but it's not mandatory but you do get a nice little happy bday pm on your bday
Old 24 October 2013, 07:12 AM
XDevil666
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jeff50
okay its my 1st visit on site and its a very worrying site to be on?. 1st of all it seems this site just wants to slag other sites down etc. very strange thing to do if you rate this site.?. but my biggest concern having used many many such sites is this. This is the only such site i have visited where you give your date of birth?. no other site has asked for such details before. ?????. now if you think your details will remain secret then think again..Their is no reason why any1 should want to know this. this leaves your personal detail open to abuse. or could do.
If any of you have used such sites before then i gaurantee you havent been asked for your date of birth etc?. its a 1st for me i can tell you that and ive used them all. Can any1 answer this and why its required.?. bet you carnt lol.
Think about it why would such a site want your date of birth etc.??????
Troll go home... Your drunk

The majority of registration sites ask for date of birth for censorship

Last edited by XDevil666; 24 October 2013 at 07:13 AM.

Quick Reply: 1st visit to site and very confused