ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

i feel like a right plonker

Search this Thread

Old 19 October 2013, 03:58 PM
Gavinmps
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i feel like a right plonker

So when i had my car on the lift the other week i decided that i needed a cat delete as it looked like it had 2 cats.

I was told my car was a wrx prodrive when i bought it but i was doubious as it has 2 cats in and i was told that prodrives have the second cat removed but we thought about it and came to the conclusion it might be just the sti prodrive that only had one cat or i didnt have a prodrive.

anyway i bought a cat delete pipe and went to fit it today. got the old pipe off and i had to remove the heat sheild to get the lamber out, did that got the lamber out and the cat chucked on the floor and my mate said to me "are you gonna sell the cat" i said "yea i rekon so" and went to have another look at it and it dawned on me that there was no cat. it was a straight through pipe with a a stock heat sheild round it

so i realize that it must be a prodive decat . looks like the car is a prodrive after all hahaha. so i have had to end up fiiting the decat pipe i bought that i didnt need because of the thread is shot where the lamba goes. £70 down the drain lol. anyway im gonna get the stock pipe sorted and refitted. so soon for sale will be a decat pipe

Feel like a right mong.

Last edited by Gavinmps; 19 October 2013 at 04:42 PM.
Old 19 October 2013, 04:03 PM
CREWJ
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's better to just laugh at yourself. These things happen.
Old 19 October 2013, 04:44 PM
Gavinmps
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol. we did plenty of laughing. why on earth they thought it would be a good idea to put the heat sheild around a decat pipe i will never know.

But still, at least i now know evrything prodrive thats meant to be there is there. makes me happy.
Old 20 October 2013, 07:44 PM
Trinity
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gavinmps
lol. we did plenty of laughing. why on earth they thought it would be a good idea to put the heat sheild around a decat pipe i will never know.

But still, at least i now know evrything prodrive thats meant to be there is there. makes me happy.
Probably to look like a cat decat the first, and road side visual test from the plod see the fake second
Old 20 October 2013, 07:45 PM
the shreksta
Scooby Regular

Received 496 Likes on 339 Posts