ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Full boost only when warm

Search this Thread

Old 14 October 2013, 02:11 PM
Rob Kelz
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Full boost only when warm

I've been told this by someone but not sure if it is true or not could someone clarify?

I have a newage 2005 wrx ppp and I have been told that the ECU is set to only give very low or if any boost untill it has warmed up and then allows for full boost?

Sorry but not going to try this out and cause any damage to my engine by trying to floor it before being warmed up lol so hoping someone can answer this for mr
Old 14 October 2013, 02:14 PM
JGlanzaV
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What does it matter if you arent going to give it full boost before it is warm? lol
Old 14 October 2013, 02:15 PM
banny sti
Scooby Senior

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

No, it will give you full boost from cold
Old 14 October 2013, 02:19 PM
Rob Kelz
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JGlanzaV
What does it matter if you arent going to give it full boost before it is warm? lol
As above just something I had been told, sounded and seemed like a good idea personally lol prevents dumb people damaging the engine obviously lol
Old 14 October 2013, 02:19 PM
JGlanzaV
Scooby Regular

My alkatek can do it
Old 14 October 2013, 02:21 PM
exevo3
Scooby Regular

you clearly didn't know the answer then....pmsl
Old 14 October 2013, 02:30 PM
JGlanzaV
Scooby Regular

You're right I didnt know the answer to a completely pointless and irrelevant question
Old 14 October 2013, 02:30 PM
banny sti
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by exevo3
you clearly didn't know the answer then....pmsl
Happens to him quite regularly
Old 14 October 2013, 02:35 PM
JGlanzaV
Scooby Regular

Oh yes. Isnt someone a comedian...

I never profess to know it all. So no need to be such a Douche about it....
Old 14 October 2013, 02:36 PM
banny sti
Scooby Senior

Oh yes. Isnt someone a comedian...

I never profess to know it all. So no need to be such a Douche about it....
I will leave you alone now, so stop
Old 14 October 2013, 02:38 PM
JGlanzaV
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by banny sti
I will leave you alone now, so stop
No tears here, just pointing out that maybe a little respect would not go amiss...
Old 14 October 2013, 02:39 PM
banny sti
Scooby Senior

No tears here, just pointing out that maybe a little respect would not go amiss...
Respect is earnt...
Old 14 October 2013, 02:43 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Boost is limited in the lower gears. However it's not limited by temperature. Fwiw I think it's a valid question. I'd feel assured letting someone else drive my car if boost was limited until the oil was up to temp.
Old 14 October 2013, 02:48 PM
JGlanzaV
Scooby Regular

Ah so yes, until I do something to earn the respect some guy I'm never ever going to meet I will just get talked down to and made fun of. Sounds like a great way to live your life, treating other people like dirt until you judge them to be "worthy".

You do not even know me, or anything about me, so how about stop talking down to me and trying to make me out to stupid. Respect might be "earnt" but that doesnt give you a right to talk down to everyone.

I dont pretend to know everything, and will openly hold my hands up when I am wrong. So no need to keep banging on about it.
Old 14 October 2013, 02:50 PM
banny sti
Scooby Senior

You were adamant you car was running 2.7 bar and spoke down to anyone who tried to say you "maybe" wrong, pot kettle black
Old 14 October 2013, 02:55 PM
EssexJamie
Scooby Regular

Would be good if they did do this bit like how the Honda Vtec engine doesn't engage Vtec until reachs right temps!
IMO good question would stop garages from ragging it from cold!
Old 14 October 2013, 02:57 PM
ScoobyDoo69
Scooby Senior

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Sure I had read in the past that until the coolant was up to a certain temperature that boost was indeed limited on the newage cars?
Old 14 October 2013, 02:59 PM
JGlanzaV
Scooby Regular

As that is what i had been told, but seeing as you know best you couldn't accept it might be different, and when I was corrected i held my hands up. So maybe at that point in time, if you were as holy as you like to think you are you would have been the better man and left it at that.

And I never spoke down to anyone who tried to tell me I was wrong, I believed I was right and made my point with the information I had. And as posted it wasn't 2.7bar but it was still well over 2 bar. and has now been brought down further as I have reached the limits of the turbo.

At least I hold my hands up when I make a mistake, and I also see other websites where you are slating me and slagging me off to other people, So dont try and pull the "pot kettle black" card
Old 14 October 2013, 08:21 PM
exevo3
Scooby Regular

As that is what i had been told, but seeing as you know best you couldn't accept it might be different, and when I was corrected i held my hands up. So maybe at that point in time, if you were as holy as you like to think you are you would have been the better man and left it at that.

And I never spoke down to anyone who tried to tell me I was wrong, I believed I was right and made my point with the information I had. And as posted it wasn't 2.7bar but it was still well over 2 bar. and has now been brought down further as I have reached the limits of the turbo.

At least I hold my hands up when I make a mistake, and I also see other websites where you are slating me and slagging me off to other people, So dont try and pull the "pot kettle black" card
to the guy who started the thread the question was to him important or of interest... it was just a question..

if you dont know the answer or have any feed back that might help find the answer...why would you comment??

you didnt really show much respect to the guy or offer any usefull info..

plain rude and lack of manners... and childish
Old 14 October 2013, 08:22 PM
exevo3
Scooby Regular

Happens to him quite regularly
Old 14 October 2013, 08:44 PM
JGlanzaV
Scooby Regular

to the guy who started the thread the question was to him important or of interest... it was just a question..

if you dont know the answer or have any feed back that might help find the answer...why would you comment??

you didnt really show much respect to the guy or offer any usefull info..

plain rude and lack of manners... and childish

Because you had alot to contribute to the thread too didnt you? Actually, I dont see you offering any form of advice what so ever....

I would keep out of things that do not concern you. Rather than just jumping on the band wagon.

And it was a genuine point, does it matter if it restricts the boost when cold if you are not going to thrash it when cold?

Last edited by JGlanzaV; 14 October 2013 at 08:48 PM.
Old 14 October 2013, 08:57 PM
exevo3
Scooby Regular

Because you had alot to contribute to the thread too didnt you? Actually, I dont see you offering any form of advice what so ever....

I would keep out of things that do not concern you. Rather than just jumping on the band wagon.

And it was a genuine point, does it matter if it restricts the boost when cold if you are not going to thrash it when cold?
no i made no comment as i didnt know the answer to the question but read with interest as id like to know the answer...

your answer was pointless... and of no use to anyone...

dont get upset... maybe next time your be more usefull...
Old 14 October 2013, 09:06 PM
JGlanzaV
Scooby Regular

Im not upset, just gave my opinion as to what the answer was.

The only comments you made were to try and belittle and goad people, which again deducted from the usefulness of the thread and as you pointed out to my response, you have shown no respect, offered any useful advice, and were just plain rude and childish. So in future, adhere to some of your own advice.
Old 14 October 2013, 09:27 PM
exevo3
Scooby Regular

Im not upset, just gave my opinion as to what the answer was.

The only comments you made were to try and belittle and goad people, which again deducted from the usefulness of the thread and as you pointed out to my response, you have shown no respect, offered any useful advice, and were just plain rude and childish. So in future, adhere to some of your own advice.
ok...heres some advice...next time someone posts a question..if you dont know the answer...which you didnt...dont comment..

i have no respect for ppl who show no respect... im not goating you or trying to belittle you....im just laughing at you.. and to be fair most ppl would read all this and im shore agree...your comment was full of sarcasm..and didnt answer the chaps question!!

ill let you have the last word now as im bored....
Old 15 October 2013, 07:44 AM
JGlanzaV
Scooby Regular

ok...heres some advice...next time someone posts a question..if you dont know the answer...which you didnt...dont comment..

i have no respect for ppl who show no respect... im not goating you or trying to belittle you....im just laughing at you.. and to be fair most ppl would read all this and im shore agree...your comment was full of sarcasm..and didnt answer the chaps question!!

ill let you have the last word now as im bored....
And who made you the forum police now? I made a point that i felt was relevant because that was my opinion. No one would thrash it from cold, so it really doesnt matter if the ecu does it or not.

This is a discussion forum, its what people do, discuss things. I had a point relating to the subject matter, I made it. Regardless of whether it answered the chaps question it not it still related to the topic. Its what the forum is for.

All of your comments have been full of sarcasm and I have as yet not seen you contribute anything useful to the post. Other than trying to make billy newbie a name for himself by jumping on a band wagon...

I would think about what you say before you say it, as ultimately my posts were on the subject matter, your posts have been completely off topic and have not brought a single relevant point to the discussion. So before offering advice, try and stick to it yourself.

You cant belittle other people and do the exact same thing yourself, so I would leave it at that before you continue to spout holier than thou advice which makes you a hypocrite.
Old 15 October 2013, 08:06 AM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

It's all a bit ***** moanal in here.
Old 15 October 2013, 08:26 AM
exevo3
Scooby Regular

PMSL....
Old 15 October 2013, 08:27 AM
cster
Scooby Regular

He started it.
Old 15 October 2013, 08:57 AM
urban
Scooby Regular

No, it will give you full boost from cold
I'm pretty sure that the PPP'd cars limit boost until they reach a certain operating temperature.
Old 15 October 2013, 10:23 AM
EssexJamie
Scooby Regular

What till your mums read this......grounded for a week, naughty little boys!

Quick Reply: Full boost only when warm