Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

francis rom performance any one know him ??

Search this Thread

Old 19 July 2013, 12:16 AM
giz1978
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default francis rom performance any one know him ??

been looking for someone local to map my rally car and I have seem him on facebook but when googled him nothing
anyone know him as he has quoted me 395plus vat for a mapping when andy forrest is cheaper ???
Old 19 July 2013, 12:18 AM
scoobysteve1983
Scooby Regular

seen him on facebook but havent heard any reports of his work. seems to know his stuff from what he says but that doesnt really mean much without the proof to back it up.
Old 19 July 2013, 01:36 AM
mantazini
Scooby Regular

Francis have mapped my car. If you want genuine advice and very pedantic custom map , he's your man. He doesnt have a garage , or hyper race car to show what he's done as he specializes in mapping not engine building just yet...
I went to Cadwell Park today , it was +36 degrees or smtn , my knock link light was barely moving , the car pulled very strong and got me back after home without an issue.... There's bigger names than his , but i wouldnt judge only on that... This dude knows his stuff as that's why Big names as API chose him. When maping my car it took us a fair bit of time till he was happy, i was happy way before that , but he wanted to finish it off properly, fine tune it. Theres couple of very good mappers on here , and i didnt new him before either, but i can only judge on the result , and it's billiant.

Old 19 July 2013, 09:18 AM
APIDavid
Former Sponsor
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!Support Scoobynet!

Location: @Junc 12, M40 Warwicksh; 01926 614522 CV33 9PL -Use 9GX for Satnav. South Mids Alcatek ECu dealer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Francis ? ROM Performance? Never heard of him..............
Old 19 July 2013, 09:21 AM
APIDavid
Former Sponsor
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!Support Scoobynet!

Location: @Junc 12, M40 Warwicksh; 01926 614522 CV33 9PL -Use 9GX for Satnav. South Mids Alcatek ECu dealer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh ! You mean FRANCIS ? Francis Francis the mapper? ,

You could do a lot as in A LOT worse than use Francis.

David APi

Last edited by APIDavid; 13 January 2014 at 09:43 AM. Reason: updated
Old 21 July 2013, 11:12 PM
scoobiewrx555
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for eventually remembering who i am David, and i appreciate the kind words.
Nice to know the service i provide is so memorable.
Old 21 July 2013, 11:56 PM
scoobiewrx555
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

giz1978..... If you find my service overpriced then i suggest you go to your usual tuner, Andy Forrest. I have no idea why it seems to grate you that i charge what i charge. If you don't want to pay it please move on rather than complain about it in the public domain.

I provide a top product coupled with excellent customer service. This ethos comes from working in another industry for a very long time that relies entirely on the high quality and level of customer service provided.

You see i really do give a ****e about my customers cars, their requirements, how well or badly they've been treated, or ripped-off, or how bad they've had their pants pulled down with shoddy overpriced work in the past, and that they get the best customer service, best results and best value for money that i can provide.

I take great care and pay a lot of attention to detail in the work i do, something that seems to be clearly lacking in certain sectors of the automotive industry, especially tuning/repairs/aftermarket etc... The remap takes as long as it takes to get it right. Whether it's half a day or a whole day, makes no odds to me.

What i charge for remapping pails into insignificance when i hear my customers woes about their experiences and the money it's cost them. Especially for the good old 1-2hr remaps i keep hearing so much about from those very same unhappy customers that i end up with. Well i don't mind, it's more work for me, however, i do feel for my customers.

I certainly won't be advertising on your car, nor will i be mapping it.

Last edited by DJ Dunk; 22 July 2013 at 09:56 AM. Reason: Posting personal info
Old 26 December 2013, 06:52 AM
mantazini
Scooby Regular

Old 26 December 2013, 09:05 AM
jayallen
Scooby Regular

Name:  tCp90.gif
Views: 0
Size:  567.6 KB
Old 26 December 2013, 11:18 AM
reedy107
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobiewrx555
giz1978..... If you find my service overpriced then i suggest you go to your usual tuner, Andy Forrest. I have no idea why it seems to grate you that i charge what i charge. If you don't want to pay it please move on rather than complain about it in the public domain.

I provide a top product coupled with excellent customer service. This ethos comes from working in another industry for a very long time that relies entirely on the high quality and level of customer service provided.

You see i really do give a ****e about my customers cars, their requirements, how well or badly they've been treated, or ripped-off, or how bad they've had their pants pulled down with shoddy overpriced work in the past, and that they get the best customer service, best results and best value for money that i can provide.

I take great care and pay a lot of attention to detail in the work i do, something that seems to be clearly lacking in certain sectors of the automotive industry, especially tuning/repairs/aftermarket etc... The remap takes as long as it takes to get it right. Whether it's half a day or a whole day, makes no odds to me.

What i charge for remapping pails into insignificance when i hear my customers woes about their experiences and the money it's cost them. Especially for the good old 1-2hr remaps i keep hearing so much about from those very same unhappy customers that i end up with. Well i don't mind, it's more work for me, however, i do feel for my customers.

Well said that man

p.s

Last edited by reedy107; 26 December 2013 at 11:23 AM.
Old 26 December 2013, 09:24 PM
dnc
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobiewrx555

So, a potential customer points out that a similar service elsewhere is cheaper and you respond in this fashion? Don't know if you and the OP have had words previously but based on the above your response seems a bit OTT, however good you are.
Old 26 December 2013, 09:58 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by dnc
So, a potential customer points out that a similar service elsewhere is cheaper and you respond in this fashion? Don't know if you and the OP have had words previously but based on the above your response seems a bit OTT, however good you are.
A very defensive and unprofessional response from him I agree. I would be very interested in his credentials and background, plus his experience in the automotive field.
Old 26 December 2013, 10:00 PM
richie001
Scooby Regular

EERR...This threat is a little old
Old 26 December 2013, 10:11 PM
jayallen
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by richie001
EERR...This threat is a little old
Only 5 months.......If you read the thread its not hard to see why it was brought back up by a poster who had previously commented back in July...
Old 26 December 2013, 10:14 PM
RICHARD J
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mantazini
Go on then, don't keep us in suspense, spill the beans.
Old 26 December 2013, 10:38 PM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

https://www.scoobynet.com/983867-carberry-rom-5.html
Old 12 January 2014, 09:18 PM
mantazini
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RICHARD J
Go on then, don't keep us in suspense, spill the beans.
This is a very good example of my experience , not exactly the same but makes sense what the tuner needs to be judge on when choosing.... My car car is now being inspected by someone who knows their stuff and the stuf that has been done by Francis @ RomPeckerfomance has to be put back to stock at least to keep me on the safe side.... Live and learn....

http://thatvideomagazine.com/newyork...nny-ten-racing
Old 12 January 2014, 09:28 PM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

I belive someone/tuner on here (saying no names) has logs of Francis and has said its absolutely terrible in everyway.
Old 12 January 2014, 09:40 PM
mantazini
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bustaMOVEs
I belive someone/tuner on here (saying no names) has logs of Francis and has said its absolutely terrible in everyway.
Busta the "tuner" who had some personal beef with him is no ****ing better by the stories that are untold ....
Old 12 January 2014, 09:49 PM
mantazini
Scooby Regular

Put that a bit wrongly , as it's not the tuner r the business is the mapper that thinks he's not smtn that he's not...
Old 12 January 2014, 10:02 PM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

Yhpm