Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Driving standards - or lack of them!

Search this Thread

Old 04 June 2013, 06:30 PM
BLU
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Unhappy Driving standards - or lack of them!

What is it with people today??

Following on from this earlier today https://www.scoobynet.com/was-it-you...l#post11110261

I have since been out on a short trip to drop my children off at Brownies. It involves a trip along the *** for 1 Junction (about 2 miles) On the way there I sat bang on 70 all the way on the inside lane. I got tailgated (so close you couldn't see their headlights) twice. I then watched a fella in the outside lane, who must have been doing at least 80 get caught up by 5 idiots in a row (who must have been doing 90mph plus) all who had to slam on at the last minute and then tailgated the fella and themselves in a concertina effect. I then got cut up by a Transit who dived from the outside lane to come off at the same junction.

On the trip back, again around 70 on the inside lane I got overtaken by a Transit (going considerably faster than me) towing a mini digger . That then got me thinking about how many vans then past me, knowing that the speed limit for a van over 2 tonne gvw is actually 60mph on this particular road. Finally coming back off at my junction I got cut up on the same part as in the other thread by a tool in a Landrover Freelander . He must have gained all of 30 yards

I think I should have stayed in today......

Such a lot of bad/inconsiderate driving in such a short space of time.....Discuss
Old 04 June 2013, 07:23 PM
AndyBaker
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Driving standards in this country are sadly lacking, middle lane drivers, 30 in a 60 zone just frustrates the hell out of everyone. However my son was driving a minibus for the RAF in Italy during the Libya conflict and he said "dad if you think it's bad here go out there for a week and you'll hand your licence in"
Old 05 June 2013, 10:50 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Ah yes, North Wales........you'll be OK, they have loads of speed cameras which stop bad driving...oh...wait...
Old 05 June 2013, 01:06 PM
fergal69
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's down to the car you drive.

I had a kid in a mini try to race me on Wolverhampton ring road on Saturday. We were at some traffic lights, me in inside lane & him in outside. He pulled off & was halfway down the road before you could blink.
When I overtook him as he was in the inside lane, & I needed the outside lane for the next junction, he pullefd out with indicating & tail gated me up the ring road. His car was covered in graphics, graphics advertising a local lettings agent, so not a good advert for his company.

I had prevously an X1/9 & a Citroen AX GT, that was slghtly modified, & I would get people trying to race me then.

You work hard to get the car you want & then meet idiots who are jealous & they way they show this is by their driving in the vacinity you are.
Old 05 June 2013, 01:29 PM
scoobaru mad
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by BLU
What is it with people today??

Following on from this earlier today https://www.scoobynet.com/was-it-you...l#post11110261

I have since been out on a short trip to drop my children off at Brownies. It involves a trip along the *** for 1 Junction (about 2 miles) On the way there I sat bang on 70 all the way on the inside lane. I got tailgated (so close you couldn't see their headlights) twice. I then watched a fella in the outside lane, who must have been doing at least 80 get caught up by 5 idiots in a row (who must have been doing 90mph plus) all who had to slam on at the last minute and then tailgated the fella and themselves in a concertina effect. I then got cut up by a Transit who dived from the outside lane to come off at the same junction.

On the trip back, again around 70 on the inside lane I got overtaken by a Transit (going considerably faster than me) towing a mini digger . That then got me thinking about how many vans then past me, knowing that the speed limit for a van over 2 tonne gvw is actually 60mph on this particular road. Finally coming back off at my junction I got cut up on the same part as in the other thread by a tool in a Landrover Freelander . He must have gained all of 30 yards

I think I should have stayed in today......

Such a lot of bad/inconsiderate driving in such a short space of time.....Discuss
Could be worse mate.

You could of been one of these sat in the traffic.

This also could of been ten times worse.

The driver in this clip deserves a gold medal for being a prize tit!

Old 05 June 2013, 04:56 PM
BLU
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fergal69
It's down to the car you drive.
Its not. On this occasion I was in a completely boggo standard 12 plate Fiesta diesel!!

Originally Posted by scoobaru mad
Could be worse mate.

You could of been one of these sat in the traffic.
Holy sh*t, fair few cars wrecked there. Like you say though, could have been so much worse.... idiot!
Old 05 June 2013, 08:42 PM
mickywrx
Unmapped 12.4s @ 105

Location: Newcastle. 330bhp-289lb/ft @ 1bar boost - 12.4s @ 105mph
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Too many mongs on the road these days, Trev.

Taxi driver had the audacity to gesture calling me a ****** this evening. All because I didn't stop to let him out of a junction he'd tried to dart out of.

He should have kept going, I'd have driven over him. My truck was fully laden and it's not stopping with only 3 foot to spare.
Old 05 June 2013, 09:12 PM
Kwik
Scooby Regular

Out today in the Mrs' scenic I noticed a van coming up the slip road, where traffic is meant to merge into my lane, but give way to me. This chap was really giving it some trying to get out in front of me and struggling. It came to a point where I had to slow to let him in, and noticed the hand gestures and him swearing in the wing mirror. So I calmly followed him, and watched him cutting people up to get away and indicating in the wrong direction trying to throw me off. He stopped at a petrol station and I pulled up next to him, and he was waiting for me to get out.
His face was a picture when he realised it was me, his manager, and went from anger to sorrow in a fraction of a second. I couldn't get away from him apologising and shaking my hand.
Old 05 June 2013, 11:18 PM
TH9564
Scooby Regular

Lol that's the funniest thing I've heard all day would have loved to have seen the look on his face
Old 06 June 2013, 06:25 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

The sun shone, people smiled, I set of to come home.....

Second junction an old git ( yes older than me ! ) in an MX-5 just pulls out, luckily as I hit the ABS he heard the tyres screaming in agony and stopped.... bit close so I mouthed "**** !" to him....

Onwards !

Two miles later, on the roundabout I indicate to leave at the next exit when bimbo in her Fiat just pulls straight out into my path, hit brakes & horn and feel a bit sick too. She didn't flinch maybe her guide dog was on holiday ?

So I'm staying on the M62 from now on.

dunx
Old 07 June 2013, 05:10 PM
BLU
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dunx
The sun shone, people smiled, I set of to come home.....

Second junction an old git ( yes older than me ! ) in an MX-5 just pulls out, luckily as I hit the ABS he heard the tyres screaming in agony and stopped.... bit close so I mouthed "**** !" to him....

Onwards !

Two miles later, on the roundabout I indicate to leave at the next exit when bimbo in her Fiat just pulls straight out into my path, hit brakes & horn and feel a bit sick too. She didn't flinch maybe her guide dog was on holiday ?

So I'm staying on the M62 from now on.

dunx
Drives you mental doesn't it (pardon the pun ) I drive for a living and see that sort of driving all the time. Sticking to the M62 probably won't be much better, you'll just get the middle lane hoggers, tailgaters and those who cut you up getting off at their junction at the last possible minute all the way from the outside lane!
Old 08 June 2013, 03:29 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

Yeah, I have a cat D licence, and the M62 is all 50 mph due to roadworks, on my way home I'm often sat still regardless of lane for minutes at a time, now that is annoying !

dunx