Sponsored by:

Been browsing MLR

Search this Thread

Old 27 May 2013, 02:16 AM
mantazini
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Been browsing MLR

So a couple of days i found my self browsing MLR , checking models, their differences etc, as i had 3 scoobys, in the near future i just might go and have a taste of the dark side... I like different car types and not biased on one mark as allot on here praise scoobys , that their best car in the world. i think every car is good in it's own way and having only one mark for to long takes a possibility to experience a potentially "better" different car. I'm after a saloon with decent pefomance ,4 doors, 4wd not necessary but gives more confidence when driving faster . Evo 7-8 would tick the boxes so i'm on MLR.

And fek me , what a horrible community, please don't get me wrong probably not all of them , but there's so much snobbery , specially when someone mentions Subaru's . FFS there such a small difference between them in the real world pefomance wise it seems to me that some of them think they drive hi end perfomance cars when really its another Japanese **** box ... Also looking at the people who comment are newish users so that might be the case... I never found it on here , theres some boring stuff but at last everyone is respectful for each other, banter is banter , but not like on MLR...
It really put me off a bit, don't understand WTF is wrong with them .
never had anything like that speaking with beemer or GTR owners , most of them had evo's and scoobs and appreciate for what they are....

Rant over...

Old 27 May 2013, 04:12 AM
Beastie
Scooby Regular

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

I looked at EVOs for a while, but the increased fuel consumption, small fuel tank and increased servicing put me off.

However, i found the MLR a friendly lot and even joined them on on their runs, as did some other scooby owners.

Dont think anybody noticed a scooby amongst the evos. The thing on top of everybodys lips at the meets was fuel consumption and having the ECU programmed to run an economy map as well as a full power map.

Any difference in performance wasnt noticeable on the road, nothing pulled away from me, much like the Subaru meets where all cars are in a different tune.

One thing i would say was that the suspension on the EVOs was superior to the scoobys of the same era. Much like the Type C suspension is to a classic.
Old 27 May 2013, 04:56 AM
mantazini
Scooby Regular

I'm a big fan of Best Motoring ...Been following their tests for at least 10 years now, all of the comparisons of them 2 cars most of the time were dependant on the driver and the position they gained in the beginning of the race. I must agree on only one thing , that evo can be more track focused as a stock car. Firmer suspension, quick rack, the turbo was twin scroll from evo5 i think? so mean better/longer power band , but other than that same type of car. Allot of people on here say it's electronics that makes it faster , but i don't agree with that , you have to know what you doing with it or you gonna end up in the ditch... As mentioned as usual theres great bunch of lads to , but the stuff i was after while searching the comments were embarrassing.
I've been to a couple MLR TDays to , but never had a chance to speak to any of them guys as was with scooby bunch...

Old 27 May 2013, 07:01 AM
Herbie.
Scooby Regular

I'm on the MLR and I noticed majority of them has a hatred for subarus. It does get annoying but you just learn to ignore it. It's just pure narrow mindedness.
I am moving full time to the dark side again having just recently sold my 2005 Blob STI and my Evo 4. Picking up a nice Evo 6 RS tomorrow.
Old 27 May 2013, 07:05 AM
cster
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Herbie.
I'm on the MLR and I noticed majority of them has a hatred for subarus. It does get annoying but you just learn to ignore it. It's just pure narrow mindedness.
I am moving full time to the dark side again having just recently sold my 2005 Blob STI and my Evo 4. Picking up a nice Evo 6 RS tomorrow.
Judas !
Old 27 May 2013, 08:03 AM
BBB3
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I think its a good site, just like here good guys along with the bad guys like any forum!
There is people on here who think there impreza is like god, I think you need to own both cars they a different.
Old 27 May 2013, 08:19 AM
Herbie.
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by cster
Judas !

I just started doing track days this year that's the only reason why. I still think the Impreza is the better car for everyday use.
Old 27 May 2013, 09:10 AM
nyscooby
Scooby Regular

I've had both cars, i'm a member of both, but very rarely go to the MLR....

If you think TubbyTommy is a worky ticket..... **** me the MLR is sooo much worse!
Old 27 May 2013, 09:32 AM
tubbytommy
BANNED

Originally Posted by nyscooby
I've had both cars, i'm a member of both, but very rarely go to the MLR....

If you think TubbyTommy is a worky ticket..... **** me the MLR is sooo much worse!

im on mlr as I have had evos in the past and they have a point when you see stickered up lexarsed lighted turbo 2000's
Old 27 May 2013, 09:41 AM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by tubbytommy
im on mlr as I have had evos in the past and they have a point when you see stickered up lexarsed lighted turbo 2000's
You got a point, Even the most of us on here have scoobys, But how many of you find yourself laughing at a shed of a scooby thats covered in stickers with lexus lights and with my biggest pet hate "chrome rims"
Old 27 May 2013, 09:51 AM
tubbytommy
BANNED

Originally Posted by BBB3
I think its a good site, just like here good guys along with the bad guys like any forum!
There is people on here who think there impreza is like god, I think you need to own both cars they a different.

both awesome cars, its blinkered idiots that tell you any different.
Old 27 May 2013, 10:08 AM
BBB3
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by tubbytommy

both awesome cars, its blinkered idiots that tell you any different.
Agree
Old 27 May 2013, 10:29 AM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

MLR is similar to Scoobynet, there are a lot of good guys on there, but a lot of ***** aswell.

It does come accross as the Evo being some kind of exclusive super car reading the threads on there, and regardless of what people think about Subaru's.... there is quite a large 'chav' element on there.

There are certainly a lot of good guys on there though, and they actually do things in their cars rather than just talk about them. Just look at the amount of track days organised in there, aswell as their sprint series.
Old 27 May 2013, 10:49 AM
rooferman
Scooby Regular

Mlr is one of the best run sites imo.....

They organise numerous events which run like clockwork ..... Something which the scoobynet subaru community has never been able to pull off !
Old 27 May 2013, 11:01 AM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by rooferman
Mlr is one of the best run sites imo.....

They organise numerous events which run like clockwork ..... Something which the scoobynet subaru community has never been able to pull off !
Completely agree, although to be fair you have to consider 90% of Subaru forums are run by enthusiasts, where as the MLR is a business.

They do certainly run a good event though!
Old 27 May 2013, 11:10 AM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

yeah as above, some real stuck up snobs on there and somne real nice folks. Went to the mlr event at blyton a few weeks back and was made to feel very welcome by the organisers and even some of the competitors said hello as we wandered round noseying at the cars.

Last edited by Tidgy; 27 May 2013 at 11:13 AM.
Old 27 May 2013, 11:52 AM
richie001
Scooby Regular

The few time's I've been on MLR(not that often)and from what I've heard from talking to people,I've got the impression that most member's are horrible and quite nasty.But then some of the thing's posted on here could give people the same feeling.
Old 27 May 2013, 12:04 PM
lockley
Scooby Regular

great guys, great staff, great site

im a paid member and have never even owned a evo lol