Sponsored by:

GAUGING INTEREST.

Search this Thread

Old 18 May 2013, 12:28 PM
stu turbo 98
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GAUGING INTEREST.

Im wondering how many of you would use a cheap but good quality external detailing service for your scooby. I'm rapidly running out of money and might have to sell my precious scoobyunless i can find a way to earn some extra cash.
Obviously i have no reputation to go by but i am very carefull and would treat your car as if it were my own. I use top quality products (i personally use poor boys and magiures) and a DA polisher. I do my own car regularly and am trusted by freinds and family to do theirs,so am well practised.
I'm not doing paint correction,or heavy scratch removal,just light swirl removal,and refreshing your car and protecting it for the future, so no fear of further damage to your paint, just nice, shiney and new looking.
I would rather have cars bought to me,but could travel locally and do mobile as well.
My plan would be to wash and dry the car using two bucket method for body work using micro fibre cloth only,clay barring,wheels off, cleaned with non acid cleaner then waxed,under arches cleaned and sh*t shields blacked,all door and boot seals cleaned,windows cleaned inside and out,all plastic trims and tyres cleaned and blacked,body machine polished,and hand removed then waxed,or any combination required.
My car would be available to view as an example to any interested people,as my photographic skills are pants.
Any feedback, comments(positive or negative) or questions and idea of prices you would pay welcomed.
Weekend service only as I work full time and can book one car in for a full service each day.
Thanks for looking, Regards, Stuart

Last edited by stu turbo 98; 09 July 2013 at 11:53 PM.
Old 18 May 2013, 12:36 PM
AndyBaker
Scooby Regular

In a heartbeat if I was closer. It would be great having someone who would treat it like their own. Get some costs up and I would be very surprised if you had no interest . Andy
Old 18 May 2013, 12:48 PM
stu turbo 98
Scooby Regular

I was thinking in the region of about £75 for the full works listed,as its a good days work,just as a ball park figure to get things started.
Old 18 May 2013, 01:00 PM
Turbotits
Scooby Regular

Id certainly be interested. what area are you in?
Old 18 May 2013, 01:03 PM
sedge69
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

id be up for it if i was closer mate
Old 18 May 2013, 01:10 PM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by sedge69
id be up for it if i was closer mate
If you was a wyscoobs forum member, maxloen do it for around £60 iirc
Which is based in leeds
Old 18 May 2013, 01:11 PM
AndyBaker
Scooby Regular

What have you got round there that's interesting for me and the other half to do and maybe leave it with you for the day. Andy
Old 18 May 2013, 01:14 PM
AndyBaker
Scooby Regular

£60 or £75 it's not that money doesn't matter but for me it's more important that its done right (by the way I'm not saying it wouldn't be done right for £60) price is just not my main driver.
Old 18 May 2013, 01:17 PM
Gambit
Scooby Regular

Received 231 Likes on 172 Posts

If you are good at it then people will happily pay 75 for what you are offering, and then as word spreads youll get more work and next thing you know it could be a potential business oppurtunity!
Old 18 May 2013, 01:22 PM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by AndyBaker
£60 or £75 it's not that money doesn't matter but for me it's more important that its done right (by the way I'm not saying it wouldn't be done right for £60) price is just not my main driver.
Agree, I think maxloen do it for £100+ but a guy is a local forum member and sorts out the local guys, although they don't do commercial valeting, it's just a distribution werhouse/head office. (maxloen products is big in the car scene)

Tbf £75 is a good price and I would be happy to give it to a forum member and car enthusiast too. (some people love cleaning cars as a type of hobbie and take pride in it, unlike me)
Old 18 May 2013, 02:14 PM
AndyBaker
Scooby Regular

Tbf £75 is a good price and I would be happy to give it to a forum member and car enthusiast too. (some people love cleaning cars as a type of hobbie and take pride in it, unlike me)[/QUOTE]

Me too
Old 18 May 2013, 02:19 PM
stu turbo 98
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Turbotits
Id certainly be interested. what area are you in?
Im in denham fella,just by uxbridge.
Old 18 May 2013, 02:23 PM
stu turbo 98
Scooby Regular

What have you got round there that's interesting for me and the other half to do and maybe leave it with you for the day. Andy
Not much of interest round here mate,in my opinion anyway,it depends what your into,theres a direct line from here to london which takes about 30_40 minutes.
Old 18 May 2013, 02:30 PM
Swedge
Scooby Regular

best thing to do mate is set up a facebook page for it, i have a valeting thing i do on the side from main job

get everyone to like it and post up a message and get people to share it

i do it now and again on facebook which gets my audience bigger for what i do

i live in a small down so my prices reflect that, i charge £50 for a full machine polish seal and wax while my gf does the interiors (soon to go up with summer coming lol)

https://www.facebook.com/ValetingHawick?ref=hl have a look if you like

p.s. im not advertising my business or anything incase im breaking any rules
Old 18 May 2013, 02:32 PM
AndyBaker
Scooby Regular

That'll do, let me know if you decide to go ahead.
Old 18 May 2013, 02:33 PM
stu turbo 98
Scooby Regular

I based the price on the fact that i am **** about cars and the way they look,and that i will be buying materials off the shelf at retail prices.
So a proper job,but will go to £65 if needs must. I do enjoy doing it but dont really want to do it full time at the moment,just for forum members and car enthusiasts Any car not just scoobies.
Old 18 May 2013, 02:38 PM
AndyBaker
Scooby Regular

Stu don't sell yourself short mate.
Old 18 May 2013, 02:44 PM
stu turbo 98
Scooby Regular

That'll do, let me know if you decide to go ahead.
I will deffinately be going ahead Andy,just needed to see what was a fare price first.
How ever seeing as you are so far away and are willing to travel so far and the first to reply,id do yours for £50 as my first customer !
Swedge,i had given facebook a thought but dont want to be snowed under with calls and have to turn people down,plus i will do interiors but not cleaning seats as there to easy to damage when removing stains and wont be insured if it goes wrong.
Old 18 May 2013, 02:47 PM
stu turbo 98
Scooby Regular

Not selling my self short Andy, just need to get established and build up a good reputation,which is important to me and future customers.
I will pm my number to you and you can call me if your up for it.

Last edited by stu turbo 98; 18 May 2013 at 02:57 PM.
Old 18 May 2013, 02:54 PM
Swedge
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stu turbo 98
I will deffinately be going ahead Andy,just needed to see what was a fare price first.
How ever seeing as you are so far away and are willing to travel so far and the first to reply,id do yours for £50 as my first customer !
Swedge,i had given facebook a thought but dont want to be snowed under with calls and have to turn people down,plus i will do interiors but not cleaning seats as there to easy to damage when removing stains and wont be insured if it goes wrong.

only take bookings from facebook through facebook

the majority of my customers are from facebook
Old 18 May 2013, 03:05 PM
stu turbo 98
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Swedge
only take bookings from facebook through facebook

the majority of my customers are from facebook
I might give it a go if i dont get enough interest on here,thanks for the advice buddy
Old 18 May 2013, 03:07 PM
beaujo
Scooby Regular

best thing to do mate is set up a facebook page for it, i have a valeting thing i do on the side from main job

get everyone to like it and post up a message and get people to share it

i do it now and again on facebook which gets my audience bigger for what i do

i live in a small down so my prices reflect that, i charge £50 for a full machine polish seal and wax while my gf does the interiors (soon to go up with summer coming lol)

https://www.facebook.com/ValetingHawick?ref=hl have a look if you like

p.s. im not advertising my business or anything incase im breaking any rules

Not telling you how you should run your business, but just looked on your Facebook page, are you mental £50 for a full interior and machine polish, sealer and wax, and your offering an extra £10 off at the minute, that's crazy, i've had my own valeting business now for 10 years, so know what things cost, how are you making any money at them prices. Two of us on a job like that = 8 to 10 hours labour, then products, also looks like you've got premises to pay for, IMO you prices should be double what your charging, judging by your pics your good at what you do, so stop ripping yourself off.

Apologies to the original writer of the post, (who also is quite cheap aswell) didn't mean to hijack the thread.

Last edited by beaujo; 18 May 2013 at 03:09 PM.
Old 18 May 2013, 03:13 PM
Swedge
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by beaujo
Not telling you how you should run your business, but just looked on your Facebook page, are you mental £50 for a full interior and machine polish, sealer and wax, and your offering an extra £10 off at the minute, that's crazy, i've had my own valeting business now for 10 years, so know what things cost, how are you making any money at them prices. Two of us on a job like that = 8 to 10 hours labour, then products, also looks like you've got premises to pay for, IMO you prices should be double what your charging, judging by your pics your good at what you do, so stop ripping yourself off.

Apologies to the original writer of the post, (who also is quite cheap aswell) didn't mean to hijack the thread.
i know what i charge is cheap but i have to price my work for where i live, a smallish town

my prices are going to go up soon, i can fully machine polish seal and wax a car in 4 hours

my rent is very cheap, only £30 a week which i am guaranteed every Sunday from washing 2 taxis

i like what i do and its only on the side so anything made is beer tokens

the extra tenner off atm is only due to me being on holiday from my main job so i can get the cars pumped in this week
Old 18 May 2013, 03:38 PM
stu turbo 98
Scooby Regular

i know what i charge is cheap but i have to price my work for where i live, a smallish town

my prices are going to go up soon, i can fully machine polish seal and wax a car in 4 hours

my rent is very cheap, only £30 a week which i am guaranteed every Sunday from washing 2 taxis

i like what i do and its only on the side so anything made is beer tokens

the extra tenner off atm is only due to me being on holiday from my main job so i can get the cars pumped in this week
Its the same for me the only overheads i have is materials,i dont have a workshop,i work under a gazebo
No need to apologies for hijacking thread Beaujo,all comments on my thread are welcome
Old 18 May 2013, 03:42 PM
wrx9181
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

It's only 375 a week guys
Give the guy a break ffs
Old 18 May 2013, 04:12 PM
Turbotits
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stu turbo 98
Im in denham fella,just by uxbridge.
ok so near me then. i spend my weekends in. northolt. when are you thinking about starting?
Old 18 May 2013, 06:24 PM
beaujo
Scooby Regular

Each to their own lads, still think your massively under charging for the graft and products that goes in to it, but good luck with the venture, as long as you enjoy doing it as we still do, then that's all that matters. By the way "£30 rent" that's a bargain
Old 18 May 2013, 06:42 PM
blackhawks
Scooby Newbie

I got a quote from a few garages and mobile detailers for mine last week and for a machine polish and wax i was being quoted £150 upwards! your services are very cheap mate and if you was closer id defo jump at the chance for you to do mine, Good luck matey!
Old 18 May 2013, 08:08 PM
Swedge
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by beaujo
Each to their own lads, still think your massively under charging for the graft and products that goes in to it, but good luck with the venture, as long as you enjoy doing it as we still do, then that's all that matters. By the way "£30 rent" that's a bargain

yep i do enjoy doing it £30 rent is even better when it includes my rates and electric haha
Old 18 May 2013, 09:15 PM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

Tbf you need to work out how many hours it's gonna take you todo a full job and devide that by your quote and then work out you hourly rate that your getting, that will make you think again about your price not to mention meterials.

Quick Reply: GAUGING INTEREST.