Sponsored by:

How very odd...

Search this Thread

Old 02 May 2013, 04:42 PM
4evernewbie
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How very odd...

A young lady just knocked on my door and asked me if the package in her hand looked familiar. I admitted that I had never seen the ripped blue plastic bag in my life before she went on to explain that it had my name and address on it. Very perplexed, I asked her how she came to be in possession of what turned out to be the delivery of some camber adjustment bolts for my Type R. She explained that she was walking an old lady she cared for down a cycle path about 2 miles away where she saw a small box next to a blue bag. She gathered up all the packaging that she could find and drove to my house to give them to me.
All present and correct, I thanked her and we discussed how it was probably a case of it being left on my doorstep, somebody nicking it and finding inside "just some bolts" so ditched them.
Some ***** in the world but it appears there's also some angels too
Paul.
Old 02 May 2013, 05:02 PM
Fonzey
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hah, happy ending I guess.

I was on the other end of something similar. Got a package through my letterbox not addressed to me, but also no courier information of how to return it.

I got my missus to hunt on facebook for a name matching the intended recipient in our area - nothing showed up.

Eventually I decided to open it, as it might have more clues inside. It was a birthday card and some socks or something - so still no clues.

Left it near the door for months, eventually had a knock on my door - turns out a young kid wrote on the package and completely cocked it up - but he remembered what he wrote, so they looked me up and eventually found it!

All that for socks.
Old 02 May 2013, 06:12 PM
CREWJ
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That was damn lucky!