tomorrow im going to pick up my new uk turbo2000 impreza on a w plate

spent a while looking for the right 1 and found this

comes with

full service history from new
all old mot certificates
looks and sounds to be very straight clean and well looked after
just had a full service and all new brakes
no major upgrades although im told it was in sitec and mapped to around 270bhp

really excited to go pick it up especially after having a drive of a friends bug eye wrx last night

anyway here is it

may well be known on here as the owner sounds like an enthusiast so if it is would be great to hear of anything known about the car

anyway hi and i look forward to meeting and getting to know the members
Old 01 May 2013, 12:04 PM
RType
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks clean and tidy mate, if theres any sign of rust around the rear arches get it sorted asap.

You should be looking for paperwork that says its had an ECUTEK remap. If it hasnt you'll be looking at a £550 bill as its the only way to remap them. If its had any sort of "chipping" done then I would advise getting a mapper from here to check it over. Check for an uprated fuel pump, de-catted exhaust as they are the most common upgrades pre-map.

Get rid of Zippy too, unless you're 17 and hang around McDonalds carparks.

Are you planning to mod it further? What did you pay for it?
Old 01 May 2013, 12:12 PM
stonejedi
Scooby Regular

Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts

very nice car mate,wheres sooty and bungle?SJ.
Old 01 May 2013, 12:16 PM
hpoolsteve
Scooby Regular

I think i saw this one on ebay the other week. Nice looking Classic
Old 01 May 2013, 12:21 PM
RType
BANNED

Driving a bugeye wrx is nothing like driving a Classic. Theres a lot of Classic vs Newage discussions on here and the general opinion is that a 300bhp classic will compete with a 400bhp Newage. A classic is a raw experience, a newage is more refined but heavier.

I'd be interested to know what you paid and what the mileage is etc.
Old 01 May 2013, 12:32 PM
alan_turbo2000
Scooby Regular

thanks for the replies everyone

zippy will be going lol there is slight bubbling not broke the paint yet this will be getting sorted on 21st may booked her in already for when i go away

i got it down from £2200 to £1800 as the rust and a broken rear light no biggie but the guy needs a van for work and cant keep using the impreza so fair enough

mileage is 84,000 which seemed ok as all paper work checks out

as for mods its runs airbox and i think de-cat system will have to double check the guy says it was mapped at sitec i have no idea what this is ill have to talk with him tomorrow

i have some plans

please dont shoot me down but ive bought

pint grill badge foglight covers with the sti decals
version 8 seats in immaculate condition
blue alacantara gear gaitor to match
the gauge pod for top of dash with oil pressure and temp gauges and 2 bar boost gauge

im also planning sti rear lights
p1 front lip
version6 spoiler genuine
maybe a set of rays te37's if i can get a friend to part with them there 18" though so unsure if i want to go above 17" :S opinions on this would be great

going to tint the rear windows just to avoid sun damage to seats im not a boy racer i assure you

the brakes have all just been changed and uprated and callipers re-furbed

ive also ordered a front upper strut brace as it has a rear fitted and a bailey twin piston dump valve is also fitted
Old 01 May 2013, 12:43 PM
RType
BANNED

I'll give you some advice.

18's are for show, 17's are for go. I changed from 17's to 18's and hated the way it handled but it looked great.

Get rid of the Bailey dump valve! theyre notorious for being crap and causing issues. Put a standard recirc valve on or Forge recirc valve.

Carbon Sti front strut brace is a nice addition and an Sti intercooler too (remap required).
Old 01 May 2013, 01:16 PM
stonejedi
Scooby Regular

my wife had 18 inch wheels on her classic they were gone in two months she hated the way the car handled with them on straight back to 17 inch wheels now,SJ.
Old 01 May 2013, 01:45 PM
alan_turbo2000
Scooby Regular

That's made my decision easier glad I asked better than finding out the hard way £800 later lol
Old 01 May 2013, 01:45 PM
The Gaffer
Former Sponsor

Hi,

welcome to the world of scoobies.

One bit of good advice missed from the replies so far is,

Please make sure that you run the car on V power or tescos 99 as other fuels are not good enough for your thorough bred race horse, remember feed it good corn and it will perform, feed it rubbish it will get flabby, stop performing and eventually fall ill.

Cheers
Kev
Old 01 May 2013, 02:05 PM
RType
BANNED

I agree with The Gaffer, however where I live theres no Vpower or 99 around within a 15 mile radius so to be safe I had mine mapped to 97 Super Unleaded. I put in the good stuff when possible but knew I was always safe with 97.
Old 01 May 2013, 03:29 PM
alan_turbo2000
Scooby Regular

already with you on that 1 fellas my mr2 turbo had to run tesco momentum 99 so im gonna stick with that as it seems a decent fuel we no longer have a shell garage within 40 miles so cant do the v-power and the bp equivelant that have too all our shell garages away is rubbish

thanks for the advice though its all new to me so trying to make sure i dont knack her up before i even get her :P
Old 01 May 2013, 03:56 PM
alan_turbo2000
Scooby Regular

well spoke to the guy today to arrange collection tomorrow and he seems a really nice genuine guy took pics of everything i asked and answered every question i asked him

he tells me the boot is solid and dry
the rear bumper support has surface rust but is solid so thats ok
the rear arches are minimal rust
the windscreen surround metal work perfect
and the underside he said is solid but could do with being re-undersealed which ill do
and the rear axle had surface rust no biggie

anyway heres a few pics of rust on arches and 3 spots on roof lol

he also told me the remap he was told by previous owner it had been done but there is no paper work for it so he said himself could just be here say but he said it runs sweet with no knocks bangs rattles or whining smoke and he said im welcome to hear it start and run from cold

i cant wait now
Old 01 May 2013, 05:44 PM
hpoolsteve
Scooby Regular

Is this your first scoobie?
Old 01 May 2013, 05:53 PM
alan_turbo2000
Scooby Regular

it is mate yea
Old 01 May 2013, 06:13 PM
RType
BANNED

Saying its been remapped but then finding it hasnt is a BIG deal.

As I said via PM, the usual option on a 99/00 car is via an ECUTEK remap and if its not been done it will be a £550 bill.

If I was you i'd be looking for £200 off to cover the cost of an ECUTEK license if he cant prove the remap.
Old 01 May 2013, 06:34 PM
hpoolsteve
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by alan_turbo2000
it is mate yea
Awesome your gonna love it. I bet you won't have driven anything that compares to the classic shape. It's a raw experience. Happy days
Old 01 May 2013, 07:01 PM
alan_turbo2000
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RType
Saying its been remapped but then finding it hasnt is a BIG deal.

As I said via PM, the usual option on a 99/00 car is via an ECUTEK remap and if its not been done it will be a £550 bill.

If I was you i'd be looking for £200 off to cover the cost of an ECUTEK license if he cant prove the remap.

I'm not 100% sure I understand I it's all standard how it came out of the factory will it require remap if it hasn't been done and nothing has changed what would the problem be

Forgive me being naive
Old 01 May 2013, 07:27 PM
RType
BANNED

If it has anything like a de-cat exhaust, change of turbo, etc it will require a map. If you plan to keep it totally standard then no map is required BUT a remap is well worth it, even on a standard car BUT if he's quoting you 270bhp and it having a map, and it hasnt, then you've got a 220bhp standard Impreza and its worth £500 less than he's asking for it.
Old 01 May 2013, 07:40 PM
stonejedi
Scooby Regular

when you get a map on your standard ecu for the first time depending if you go for ecutek you have to pay a one time license fee to use there software which if it was mapped by ecutek before it would of already be paid for.SJ.
Old 01 May 2013, 07:56 PM
alan_turbo2000
Scooby Regular

to be perfectly honest its not de-catted and it has standard turbo and airbox so im guessing it aint been mapped but for £1800 with full history all old mot's and a really tidy shell surely its worth the price

the others ive looked at have all been dog rough
Old 01 May 2013, 08:04 PM
stonejedi
Scooby Regular

£1800 is a fair price and alot of car for the money,but if the seller said it has 270bhp hes not really being truthful so i would just query that,when buying a car you want to know as much as you can about the car and go over it with a fine tooth comb checking every button switch and all paper work and receipts etc...SJ.
Old 01 May 2013, 08:16 PM
tubbytommy
BANNED

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RType
Driving a bugeye wrx is nothing like driving a Classic. Theres a lot of Classic vs Newage discussions on here and the general opinion is that a 300bhp classic will compete with a 400bhp Newage. A classic is a raw experience, a newage is more refined but heavier.

I'd be interested to know what you paid and what the mileage is etc.

id check some real specs.

firstly a newage wrx is nearly identical in standard trim to 60 as a turbo 2000 and the same top speed
feeling faster and being faster are two different things.

the newage cars may be heavier but have much stiffer chassis to aid with handling.

Last edited by tubbytommy; 01 May 2013 at 08:22 PM.
Old 01 May 2013, 08:45 PM
alan_turbo2000
Scooby Regular

he never actually said it had 270bhp he said he was told by the previous owner it had been mapped and had 270bhp but he never had the paper work he said its his 4th impreza and it feels faster than the others but he also said its the best 1 he has owned so could be down to that :S who knows the guy does seem really genuine so ill just have to put my faith in to it
Old 01 May 2013, 08:46 PM
tubbytommy
BANNED

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

he never actually said it had 270bhp he said he was told by the previous owner it had been mapped and had 270bhp but he never had the paper work he said its his 4th impreza and it feels faster than the others but he also said its the best 1 he has owned so could be down to that :S who knows the guy does seem really genuine so ill just have to put my faith in to it

ahh the old "it feels faster story" the bullsh1tters favourite.

so its standard then...
Old 01 May 2013, 08:49 PM
alan_turbo2000
Scooby Regular

most probably yea mate

i prefer it that way though tbh
Old 01 May 2013, 08:53 PM
alan_turbo2000
Scooby Regular

heres a pic of the dump valve any ideas what the hell it is and is it any good or should i bin it ?

Old 01 May 2013, 09:18 PM
stonejedi
Scooby Regular

bruv i cant believe your going to buy a car based on a feeling that the seller a guy you dont know seems genuine.ive just been watching watchdog on bbc1 and it seems that if a seller wants rid of a car he will tell you any **** to get a sale,never buy a car with your heart always use your head or it could be an expensive experience.im not saying the car is a sh1tter but why would he tell you information about power etc... and then say thats what the guy i bought it off said,like hes passing the buck.what if something goes wrong with the car and hes excuse is well the guy i bought it of said that part was changed? think about it.all im trying to say i know your excitement about buying yourself a new car but there is plenty of subarus about take your time or you may just live to regret it.SJ.
Old 01 May 2013, 09:41 PM
GH80
Scooby Regular

A standard W plate classic with decent miles and a full service history for £1800? Treat is as having no remap, even then it seems like a lot of car for the money. If it hasn't got a decat, FMIC and induction kit (without mapping of course) it is a rarity in todays market.

I have been looking at classics around this price point and they are all total dogs. Bin the dump valve and get a standard re-circ.

Looks like you have got yourself a good car. Health to drive it.
Old 01 May 2013, 09:46 PM
RType
BANNED

BIN THE DUMP VALVE!

I'd be worried if a seller said they'd had 4 Impreza's and a standard UK2000 was the fastest, whats he had before, Impreza Sport's and a Bug GX?