Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FREE! NEW Japanese Performance Car Magazine!

Search this Thread

Old 18 May 2002, 02:41 PM
ZXSpectrum
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi all, here's something original.

Would anyone be interested here in a BRAND NEW japanese performance car magazine that will cost you all the sum total of a 2nd class stamp?

I know of one starting soon and this is not a wind-up.

Email me if you're interested and I'll send ya'll the details. Please pass this on to anyone you think would be interested and I would be very grateful. The more that register, the better it will be!

jimgill@ntlworld.com

THE MAG IS NOT "JAPANESE PERFORMANCE CAR"

THIS IS A NEW MAG THAT IS COMING ONTO THE MARKET THAT IS TOTALLY FREE...

ALL IT COSTS IS THE PRICE OF POSTAGE...

The costs of the mag to produce, as said, are made by advertising and publisher...

Just register your interest in recieving this mag with jimgill@ntlworld.com and soon you will recieve some documentation explaning everything....

[Edited by ZXSpectrum - 5/18/2002 2:52:18 PM]
Old 18 May 2002, 04:18 PM
IWatkins
Scooby Regular

Errm, sounds like a scam to me

Seriously, why go through all that hassle, why don't you just post the details here so people can make up their own minds without first handing over their email address, then I guess, their home address ?

Cheers

Ian
Old 18 May 2002, 05:00 PM
ZXSpectrum
Scooby Newbie

Nope its not a scam i assure you...

The reason why we require ppl to register interest to the email address is so we can see if its viable to pull off... You see we need at least 3000 interested parties to make it worth going for a first batch run of the magazine.

This is also NOT the run of the mill car enthusiasts news letter. It is a fully fledged mag in the same vain a Banzi or Japanese Performance car magazine that you pay £3.50 for and get 20 pages of articles and 30 pages + of adverts. It will be published in full glossy colour and cover, initally, Skylines, Supra's, Scoobys, Evos, GTi-R, Accord, intergra etc Type-R, MR2 And others.
The mag will contain features on "Readers Cars" tips, mods, Classifieds, meeting information, recomended garages and everything that the main published mags have BUT ITS FREE!!!

I hope this clears a few things up for the users and we hope to have ppl show some interest.

I do appreciate it does sound "Too Good To Be True" but what can i say but... IT IS FACT NOT FICTION!

Cheers Guys...

ZX
Old 18 May 2002, 07:54 PM
polarbearit
Scooby Regular

Cool

Yep, I've spoken to Jim Gill about it to. It isn't a scam, and I was literally about to post the details on here too...
Old 18 May 2002, 08:00 PM
ZXSpectrum
Scooby Newbie

Hehehe.. Nice one M8...

Spread the word...
Old 18 May 2002, 08:13 PM
bluto22b
Scooby Regular

I once enrolled for the Austin Morris owners club on the pretext of a free periodical. Turns out all I got was a typed sheet. And at £100 a year in 1979 I thought it a little bit steep......Blutes
Old 18 May 2002, 08:26 PM
ZXSpectrum
Scooby Newbie

Oh dear... But there is NO Money involved in this Mag... Except the postage... if you do not think its worth that do not send your envelope the next month... Its as easy as that... Its harder than you think giving something away for free...
Btw its in full colour and will have the same sort of stuff as mags like Banzi and JPC Mag...

What have you go to loose?

Oh and we are trying to sort some Drafts out and are trying to drop in on some meets to raise awareness of the mag... So look out for us at the likes of Japanese Auto Extravaganza...!!!

If we could afford it we would hire some fit birds.. Then you would sign up!!!

ZX
Old 19 May 2002, 01:34 AM
jimsgill
Scooby Newbie

OK guys. If you need more details then here is the standard. I hope you all realise by now that this will not work without a large readership and submissions.

It really is a risk-free no catch FREE magazine. Anyone local can pick one up from me and pay NOTHING.

It sounds too good to be true but you gotta have a little faith when it's costing nothing right? We still around 1500 more registrations before we can go for the 1st batch and your email/mail addresses will go no further. Privacy guarantee.

So come on, sign up and get a great free mag that will be better than the other 2 on the market and 100% cheaper.

People that have registered and received details please spread the word that it is wot it says it is.

Thanks for your time.

Jim
Old 19 May 2002, 10:19 AM
stef555
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Will it also be availebole in Holland then? i now pay about 5.5 Gbr. pond for the japanese car mag.

Grtn. Stefan
Old 19 May 2002, 11:36 AM
jimsgill
Scooby Newbie

Hi Steff, the magazine is available to anyone as long as they are willing to pay the postage and packaging for a 60-100 page A4 magazine.

Email me on jimgill@ntlworld.com and I'll send you all the info you'll need.
Old 20 May 2002, 10:56 AM
scooby-babe
BANNED

Question

How can people be assured that you are not going to use any of their personal data for other marketing purposes or that you are not going to sell their details to other companies who may use this for any other purpose?

If you can provide assurance about this and you are willing to comply with the Data Protection Act, then I think you may get a bit more of a take up on the free mag.
Old 21 May 2002, 03:49 PM
jimsgill
Scooby Newbie

Hi there, I know this is a concern for a lot of you (especially as most of you will have enough junk mail to contend with!) but I give I will NOT send any of this information to ANY other sources or mailing lists. This is a personal guarantee and if someone can direct me as to how to comply with the Data Protection Act and will do so immediately.
Also, I am looking at distribution throughout UK so people won't even have to pay for the P&P, however, I will still need numbers for print batch estimates.

Hope this helped, look forward to your inputs and hope you guys register

Jim (Mobile 07971 052894) jimgill@ntlworld.com
Old 21 May 2002, 03:53 PM
jimsgill
Scooby Newbie

ps, there has already been 1500+ people interested so the signs are looking good! Keep em coming. And please feel free to send submissions, letters and questions to the email address above or call me I won't bite.
Old 21 May 2002, 05:29 PM
mccltd
Scooby Regular

I have sent an email but had no reply.
Old 21 May 2002, 05:33 PM
JoeyDeacon
Scooby Regular

Cool

So now these people who have a total of 4 posts each on here will receive the adresses of people who all own Japanese Performance cars.....

Hmmmmmmmmmm

With the envelope do you want us to include where the spare set of keys are kept and what times we are likely to be out?
Old 21 May 2002, 06:42 PM
DJ140
Scooby Regular

If you are worried about giving your home address, give them a friends or relative address, someone who has a realy crap car.

Problem is there are loads of people that already have the home addresses for us, Subaru dealer, insurance company/broker, tyre depot etc etc.

Dan
Old 21 May 2002, 08:15 PM
ZXSpectrum
Scooby Newbie

Hmm, just some market research, I have had a great response but not much from the folks on this forum?

To gauge the problem of why people here aren't interested could people tell me if :

a) Scared of me forwarding email/addresses to mailing companies

b) P&P will cost too much

c) Don't want to read about Japanese cars

d) Think this is some sort of scam

Rest assured, all but (c) are unfounded, I will be sorting out a Data Protection Act register as soon as possible.

Trying to get the mag ready to hand out on Jap Extravaganza so you can all read it there. Will still need to know how many to print though so please register an interest and collect it from me there at no cost.

Thanks for your time

Jim 07971 052894

And just to answer a few of your questions...

1) JoeyDeacon... I appreciate you jest but... Myself and jim are BOTH frequent posters on the www.gtr.co.uk forums with over 100 posts each. The reason we have only just made a few posts here is because neither of us own a Scooby. We started posting to give you a FREE Mag NOT to steal your cars!

2) Scoob-Babe... As said above Jim will be applying for Data Protection Registration to make sure your information is safe and not handed to any other companies.

3) We are trying to get the mag sorted for first issue by Japanese Auto Extravaganza, but we are just trying to gauge the market to see how many copies we need for the first issue... So if you have any reservations about sending us a SAE do not bother, just register your interest via email and pick a mag up from JAE and see if we are for real...
Old 21 May 2002, 08:33 PM
jimsgill
Scooby Newbie

Hmm, thanks ZX. I was getting mad about people almost 'accusing me' of wanting to steal their cars! If you don't want to have a copy that's fine, just stop trying to put other people off.

No-one has to give me their home address, I could post it to your place of work or parents as suggested (thanks) or basically any mail address. People will be able to pick up a copy as stated at Jap Extravaganza(if I make the deadline for print) as long as they are registered via email as I don't want to have too few copies for the believers, will just ask for your email address to verify your registered if that's OK?

Lastly, I am doing this at cost to myself and no-one else so please, a little support for nothing is appreciated. Thanks. Jim

ps Sorry for those registered but I cannot reply to emails until Friday (wife's having a baby!). I will reply asap.

Feel free to call me though, 07971 052894.
Old 21 May 2002, 09:38 PM
AllanB
Scooby Regular

Whos the publosher ?

AllanB
Old 21 May 2002, 09:53 PM
jimsgill
Scooby Newbie

Gill Design Ltd. I am the MD of this UK registered limited company (estab. 1996) and VAT registered. The design, layout and planning will be done in-house and the printing will be contracted out. Any FBI agents out there can check it out if they so wish.

See you all at the Jap Auto Extravaganza!!!

Jim
Old 22 May 2002, 08:06 AM
Dizzy
Scooby Regular

Cool

pah dont worry too much guys, good luck with the venture.. theres just a lot more sceptics on here I've registered.