Sponsored by:

P1 Damaged last night.....

Search this Thread

Old 21 May 2002, 09:47 AM
ash1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

Feel down (yet again) today, my P1 got vanalised yesterday. Here's what they did...

1. Dent in left side wide
2. STI fog covers screwed off and gone
3. Attempted to take bonnet scoop, but heard them and they ran off

So now I have a flailing bonnet scoop...

I know the car comes with an M30 Sigma Cat 1, but is there anything I can add to the car to link up bits of the car ? I need to do something this week as they may be back to finish the job off....
Old 21 May 2002, 09:53 AM
Somerset Yokel
Scooby Regular

Angry

Sorry to hear about your P1, little b******s.

Hope someone can come up with a good security system to help this - other than sleeping with it!

P1Driver has been mentioning a connection with a security shop that his brother is in or something so you could try him. This is detailed in the thread started by Stratman.
Old 21 May 2002, 09:54 AM
HKSubaru
Scooby Senior

Sorry to hear about that mate. how the hell they take a bonnet scoop off? they are held on by the inside ain't they? Wouldn't they of damaged the bonnet vent anyway? Garage it up mate. It's a lovely car to get vandalised.
Old 21 May 2002, 09:55 AM
HKSubaru
Scooby Senior

why the dent? ars*ho*es!
Old 21 May 2002, 09:59 AM
Scoob99
Scooby Regular

Angry

Put a dent in their ******* heads little *******s, So sorry to hear this.
Cheers
Colin
Old 21 May 2002, 09:59 AM
HKSubaru
Scooby Senior

I've had stuff taken off my car if it makes you any happier? Well the security alarms are just basically to stop cars getting broken into! That's why cars are HIjacked now. BAS*ARDS
Old 21 May 2002, 10:01 AM
black knight
Scooby Regular

ever heard abt bonnet scoops and spoilers being ripped off?

just had real life experience as my 2 month old sti6 spoiler got ripped off from the driveway. only the screws are left and some fibre bits stuck to it!!!!
Old 21 May 2002, 10:04 AM
HKSubaru
Scooby Senior

surely it's blimin loud doing things like this. Parked in good areas i presume. Might try superglue! and bolting it down ?
Old 21 May 2002, 10:06 AM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

Thumbs down

Is this outside your house or work ?
Old 21 May 2002, 10:06 AM
HKSubaru
Scooby Senior

if you get bigger washers would that help?
Old 21 May 2002, 10:09 AM
ash1
Scooby Regular

Angry

The bonnet scoop is fixed on with bolts. These guys were being very particular, came armed with a toolkit as they didn't damage anything around the fog lamps. Sods still left a dent on the wing though....

Totally disullisioned with living in this country, only last week I commented on a thread saying how Europeans respect other peoples property - here its a totally different culture.

This is not my first time, I had parrallel key marks down my McRae, that was gut wrenching when I saw it. Felt sick and was quiet for days - just anger I guess.

Next steps - sensors now have to be installed to link the bonnet scoop to alarm and shock and tilt on the wheels.

Times like this make me think of buying a standard car - I don't know how much more of this **** I can take.....
Old 21 May 2002, 10:12 AM
chuckster
Scooby Regular

You can get a proximity alarm on the car - one of those annoying ones that tells you to move away when you get too close to the car.
I don't know if there is an upgrade available on the Sigma, or if you need to fit another system.
At least then you'd hear if anyone got near the car.
Chuck (PS I hate these things, a couple cossies near us have them - park next to one and the car yells at you in a KIT (a'la night rider) voice LOL )
Old 21 May 2002, 10:13 AM
HKSubaru
Scooby Senior

take it easy, got the thing sorted out and relax mate, maybe install CCTV. everywhere has crime so just try to prevent it.
Old 21 May 2002, 10:13 AM
HKSubaru
Scooby Senior

Those just attract more attention.
Old 21 May 2002, 10:15 AM
sillysi
Scooby Regular

If you park your car on the drive try a security light with a PIR which triggers a bell inside your house when the light is activated. I got one from Maplins.
Old 21 May 2002, 10:15 AM
ash1
Scooby Regular

Chuckster - Clifford do one that just chirps (and also the Knight Rider thing too).

Anyway, I don't know how good these are as people passing by innocently will set the alarm off.

Car was parked outside the house, heard a noise, parted the curtains and two hooded ar*eholes ran off. Fortunately for me they didn't get the scoop, just my lovely STI lamp covers. The dent will be easy enough to knock out as well.
Old 21 May 2002, 10:17 AM
smartp1
Scooby Regular

I have fog covers for a p1 if that helps? Sell for 100, slight scratch's. Have you still got the attachments? I still need them.
Old 21 May 2002, 10:18 AM
HKSubaru
Scooby Senior

well the sooner you get the dent banged out the better. Or the paint will crack.
Old 21 May 2002, 10:20 AM
Osama Mc Donalds
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear it m8 ,

Just remember that with the sensor lights thiefs have been known to move the sensor or knock it off sometimes [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 21 May 2002, 10:21 AM
HKSubaru
Scooby Senior

would it not be a bit too hot for the sensors near the turbo intake?
Old 21 May 2002, 10:34 AM
black knight
Scooby Regular

tbh, it is actually pointless for any cctvs or lights coz those f's usually come hooded or faces covered. i had cctv after the first attempt abt 3 weeks ago. didn't help when they took the spoiler.

probably one of those high tech mini tracker from mission impossible? track our items to their houses (i bet they dun live on the streets) and say provide them with some free petrol. that would be satisfying....

but we r always prone to those lil' kicks and nudges and key marks from jealous f's. that's how life is here... it's sad.
Old 21 May 2002, 10:36 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Angry

Sorry to hear this.

They were trying to nick the scoop presumably to sell on? How much are they to buy?

The worst car I've seen one on recently was a Fiat Panda!!!
Old 21 May 2002, 10:55 AM
sillysi
Scooby Regular

Lights with a PIR activated buzzer at least give you some warning that there may be someone on your property. If fitted correctly they should trigger before a snide has had chance to tinker with them.
Old 21 May 2002, 10:56 AM
ash1
Scooby Regular

Angry

They didn't actually get the scoop off as I disturbed their progress. I then went to work to drop the car off as its manned overnight and I know I didn't have to worry about the f*ckers coming back for it. Still didn't get much sleep though...
Old 21 May 2002, 11:41 AM
Adam M
Scooby Regular

buy a neon kit, and use the transformer to chareg the body to several thousand volts. they will soon know to stay away when they get a shock.

of course this is a joke, and I would not advocate electricuting scummy thieving *******s (I am assuming and hoping this comment does not offend the scummy thieving *******s community in some way).
Old 21 May 2002, 11:42 AM
HKSubaru
Scooby Senior

have you seen the BMW with the flames?
Old 21 May 2002, 12:10 PM
Jolly Green Monster 2
Scooby Regular

Wink

Sorry to hear this.. hope you can get things sorted..

As said above.. was the car on your drive or on the road?
If on the drive how about some gates?

I would love to fit razor blades to the underside of my scoop..
like to see someone pull that off then... but then I would get put inside for doing it...
Still thing that the electric fence module charging wires in the door handles and the body work would be a good defence...

I used to have a Clifford alarm with the proximity sensor that beeps..it beeps for 30seconds or so and if you don't move then it sounds the alarm.. with another internal sensor which triggers alarm instantly.
Was difficult to set up and get right as it basically creates a bubble from where the sensor was fitted (under the gear stick surround) and you can stretch the bubble (oval or circle etc)
to make it more or less sensitive.. like 1inch from drivers door and passenger door upto about 1metre or more.. but then the circle is more stretched so only on the door not down the side of the car etc.. so would be no good for front foglight covers but would be trigged at the bonnet scoop.
Never had a problem with the car attracting attention although I am aware that insurance companies are not too keen on the talking alarms as they attract attention..
I am lucky enough to not currently be in too bad areas when I park my car... but never had a problem with that car and had it 3years.

Old 21 May 2002, 12:21 PM
bits'n'pieces
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

srick razor blades with super glue under the scoop, once the thiefing scum try to pull off the scoop your intercooler will double as a finger catchment area....(Technically legal as they are inside of the car....)
Old 21 May 2002, 01:37 PM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Unhappy

In reply to the comment about other countries respecting people's property - not here, folks. If a car is new, it gets keyed sooner or later. ANY car. Any Pug 206, Rover 25, Seat Leon, Renault Clio... not the sporty ones, the "wife shopper" ones. They all get keyed in Lisbon.

Gonna get mine soon, and am resigned to the fact .

BJH
Old 21 May 2002, 03:04 PM
ash1
Scooby Regular

Angry

Just to give an update, in trying to remove the scoop those runts have kinked the bonnet too. I now have the scoop back on, but its not 100% due to the kinks in the bonnet. It will need some panel beating to get it right.

Next stop is for sensors - shock and tilt and proximity stuff. And a visit to the sports shop as I've seen a shiny steel baseball bat there. I'm worried as If I had caught one of them then I would have kicked the hell out of him just out of sheer anger....

Quick Reply: P1 Damaged last night.....