Sponsored by:

Simpsons of Swindon - are TOPS

Search this Thread

Old 23 April 2001, 11:07 AM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

Simpsons of Swindon are going to sort out my underseal problem RESULT!!

What top boys!!

I have been spending all my money at Mill Lane Engineering on my servicing and other bits and pieces - they have carried out some warranty work too - so have had a good deal from me. They stated that the underseal is not a warranty item and contacted IM to confirm that it isnt (the warranty booklet implies otherwise) - so, hence all my distress last Friday - 2 letters from Subaru UK made my blood boil - then the telephone call where they refused to talk!!

Anyway the team at Simpsons (Swindon) are going to carry out the work and look to IM for payment, if thats not forthcoming then they will fund it - absolutely great!!

I go to Mill Lane because they are the closest to me - maybe the extra 100 miles round trip to Simpsons is worth it???

I dont think this is slanderous is it - please let me edit it if it is. All the above is IMHO.

Pete

Old 23 April 2001, 11:25 AM
Steve vRS
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glad you got it sorted!

Warrenties are always a minefield of inclusions and exclusions.

Good serice means more business for dealers that will go that extra bit futher too.

Steve

Old 23 April 2001, 01:00 PM
Iain Young
Scooby Regular

Cool

I bought my MY00 turbo there and have got them to do all the servicing etc so far (I only live just down the road). They've always been very quick to deal with any problems I've had with the car, have a friendly service, and they even give an SIDC discount

I wasn't convinced about the DIAHATSU YRV they gave me for a courtesy car last time I had it service though. I was very careful to park it a long way from the entrace into work so noone would see me

Cheers,
Iain

[This message has been edited by Iain Young (edited 23 April 2001).]
Old 23 April 2001, 01:15 PM
iain atkins
Scooby Regular

Talking

Bought my MY97 from there as well (7 months ago) seem to be a very reliable and forthcoming lot. No complaints so far.

Iain
Old 23 April 2001, 01:26 PM
g man
Scooby Regular

Cool

Top bloke rob simpson bought my first scooby from them CAT052 last year .....I would use them again G MAN = GARY ........

[This message has been edited by g man (edited 23 April 2001).]
Old 23 April 2001, 01:31 PM
banshi
Scooby Regular

Pete
Missed the original post but have followed developments for a few days. (Just another worm lingering in the woodwork
Pleased you eventually resolved the problem. But as you now have no basis for action in the small claims court perhaps you could cite psychological and emotional trauma as the basis for compensation.
The fact that your friends have disowned you could be used in evidence, they won't know you never had any.
Old 23 April 2001, 01:54 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by banshi:
<B>Pete
Missed the original post but have followed developments for a few days. (Just another worm lingering in the woodwork
Pleased you eventually resolved the problem. But as you now have no basis for action in the small claims court perhaps you could cite psychological and emotional trauma as the basis for compensation.
The fact that your friends have disowned you could be used in evidence, they won't know you never had any. [/quote]

You are NOT a worm - you are much too slow even for that

Friends disowned me??? where did that come from?? my e-mail account now numbers 62 e-mails in support of what I did and what I think of IM - I cant really count them as friends but they are certainly supporters??

Pete

Old 23 April 2001, 04:38 PM
PSI3
Scooby Regular

Talking

Got 2 new WRX on order with them, due for delivery soon??. Rob Simpson very helpful and offers good discounts on both cars and accessories, cant comment on servicing yet but sales service better than other local dealers. simon
Old 23 April 2001, 08:32 PM
banshi
Scooby Regular

[QUOTE][B]You are NOT a worm - you are much too slow even for that.

Someone told you about my driving then?

I was thinking it would be an idea to put one of those twee little BTTC type stickers in the window using your name just to see what the reaction I'd get at a meet or trakday

As few people would recognise me it might work, have to swap the gold wheels though

B
Old 23 April 2001, 10:21 PM
HAPPY
Scooby Regular

Talking

simpsons give 10% discount to sidc members on all parts too!
get yourself a new set of wheels pete( you know what colour)

both sales and service department are first class.

pete
Old 23 April 2001, 11:58 PM
kryten
Scooby Regular

Also 10% SIDC discount off the prodrive/alcon upgrade
Old 24 April 2001, 11:52 AM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Talking

Thanks all

Banshi - yes put a pslewis sticker on your car on your next track day you just see what state it gets into as you push it home!!

Simpsons - glad to give you this free advertisement - I have recieved the summons in the post regarding the fact that not everyone has to travel 100 miles round trip to get to you and it was therefore slanderous - could I offer my humblest apologies here?

Pete
Old 24 April 2001, 12:06 PM
Gerg2
Scooby Regular

Wink

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>I go to Mill Lane because they are the closest to me - maybe the extra 100 miles round trip to Simpsons is worth it??? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is potentially slanderous as not everyone has to do a 100 mile round trip to get to Simpsons
Old 24 April 2001, 12:09 PM
Luke
BANNED

Simpsons did my clutch and fly wheel. Drove all the way from London. (Got friends in Marlborough just down the road) Good job, good price but as Ian said "A DIAHTSU"!!! nearly killed myself in it within a mile of leaving the garage!! AND i was driving carefuly!! PLEASE GUYS LET US HAVE A BETTER CAR NEXT TIME....

SIMPSONS even if IM dont pay for the work .The free advertising here will cover for it. Well done.
Old 25 April 2001, 03:16 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Talking

Well, Simpsons have now done the job - looks pretty good too!! stinks rather

Thanks for NOTHING IM warranty dept!!! what was so bl00dy dificult about keeping a customer satisfied????? Also my thanks go to Mill Lane for trying ever so hard to win my case!!! NOT!!

While at Simpsons I read the Subaru paper - the Chief Executive Officer at Subaru UK stated that the Impreza is the car that their hopes are pinned to and Customer Care has to be the top priority - well, IM failed at the first time of calling from me!! read into that what you like!!

Lastly, Thanks SIMPSONS !!!!!!

Pete